ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR postal applications (excluding 10/14 yr.)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bump

Post by bump » Tue May 08, 2012 5:32 pm

anotherOCT2011, you are next SET(O), hopefully. what happened to Miracleprayer?

anotherOct2011
Newly Registered

Post by anotherOct2011 » Tue May 08, 2012 9:17 pm

[quote="bump"]anotherOCT2011, you are next SET(O), hopefully. what happened to Miracleprayer?[/quote]

ahhhh i really hope so! last tuesday when i checked it was 'no decision' am tempted to call again tomorrow but dont know if i can handle disappointment again, a family member of mine is busy having chemo - really need to get home!!! congrats on your ILR!! must be a huge relief!!

God willing this is my week!!! good luck everyone waiting

limmilim
Newly Registered

Premium vs postal service

Post by limmilim » Wed May 09, 2012 9:26 am

Out of curiosity, what are your reasons for not going for the premium service? I regretted not opting the premium service. Well, hindsight is the perfect science.

bob-russell

Re: ILR Received

Post by bob-russell » Wed May 09, 2012 10:01 am

Cagedhorse wrote:I've received my ILR finally.

Stamped 4 Apr 2012, received by post 2 May 2012.

Note that I called on 18 Apr 2012 and was told it was still being processed, so not sure if there was a timing issue with their internal programs being updated with the actual status or not.

All to best to everyone else! Will take a break from this malachy before looking into the next step.

:P
This suggests that the date on the ILR is made up to improve the figures. I have contacted the UKBA to get clarification on this and have told them I am planning to contact the Independent Chief Inspector of the UKBA.

R&F

Post by R&F » Wed May 09, 2012 11:08 am

bob-russell wrote:

Note that I called on 18 Apr 2012 and was told it was still being processed, so not sure if there was a timing issue with their internal programs being updated with the actual status or not.

All to best to everyone else! Will take a break from this malachy before looking into the next step.

This suggests that the date on the ILR is made up to improve the figures. I have contacted the UKBA to get clarification on this and have told them I am planning to contact the Independent Chief Inspector of the UKBA.

Good stuff,what was their reaction?

bob-russell

Post by bob-russell » Wed May 09, 2012 3:23 pm

R&F wrote:
bob-russell wrote:

Good stuff,what was their reaction?
Needless to say none so far but they haven't even acknowledged my original letter of complaint sent in March.

zainoor1

Post by zainoor1 » Wed May 09, 2012 6:08 pm

hello
Last edited by zainoor1 on Thu May 10, 2012 4:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Skirty
Newly Registered

UKBA times changed?

Post by Skirty » Thu May 10, 2012 9:07 am

I've just realised that the UKBA times now state that they aim to process 95% of settlement applications within 12 weeks and the remaining 5% within 24 weeks. If I'm not mistaken, it never used to state 12 weeks? I think it was abit longer last time i checked? but i might be totally mistaken. Anyway, good to know as I've got 3 more weeks to wait then, if that's right.

Heres the link anyway:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... ing-times/

youoz
Newly Registered

Post by youoz » Thu May 10, 2012 9:23 am

Skirty, I got really excited reading your post but alas I think the link is to the UK visa processing times for applications made outside of the UK.

The UK processing time standards remains 90% decisions within 6 months ...

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... tingtimes/

RQI

Post by RQI » Thu May 10, 2012 9:26 am

bob-russell wrote:

The date on my stamp was a week within the 6 month mark even though I received it back almost a month later.

Skirty
Newly Registered

Post by Skirty » Thu May 10, 2012 9:28 am

youoz wrote:Skirty, I got really excited reading your post but alas I think the link is to the UK visa processing times for applications made outside of the UK.

The UK processing time standards remains 90% decisions within 6 months ...

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... tingtimes/
Ah no - really? :( I almost got super excited there... aw nevermind... I am waiting with bated breath for my passport...clutching at straw as i go ;)

R&F

Re: UKBA times changed?

Post by R&F » Thu May 10, 2012 9:48 am

Skirty wrote:I've just realised that the UKBA times now state that they aim to process 95% of settlement applications within 12 weeks and the remaining 5% within 24 weeks. If I'm not mistaken, it never used to state 12 weeks? I think it was abit longer last time i checked? but i might be totally mistaken. Anyway, good to know as I've got 3 more weeks to wait then, if that's right.

Heres the link anyway:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... ing-times/
That sounds great, but I also noticed if you go the settlement page the processing time remains the same, 95% within 6 months.
I wonder which one we should hold them by?

faraty
Newly Registered

SET M: Waiting for Godot!

Post by faraty » Thu May 10, 2012 10:24 am

Hi Everyone,

I have been following this topic on this board for some time and i just want to thank everybody for keeping it 'alive'.

I have applied for my SET (M) on Feb 17 2012.. and i have received the confirmation letter from UKBA on the 20th and the money was taken out on the 22nd.

I have not heard from them since and I was wondering whether it would be a good idea to call them and inquire about my application and whether the service is 1st come 1st serve?

Thank you all!

Skirty
Newly Registered

Re: SET M: Waiting for Godot!

Post by Skirty » Thu May 10, 2012 10:40 am

faraty wrote:Hi Everyone,

I have been following this topic on this board for some time and i just want to thank everybody for keeping it 'alive'.

I have applied for my SET (M) on Feb 17 2012.. and i have received the confirmation letter from UKBA on the 20th and the money was taken out on the 22nd.

I have not heard from them since and I was wondering whether it would be a good idea to call them and inquire about my application and whether the service is 1st come 1st serve?

Thank you all!
Hi Faraty - I applied on the 27th of February and I haven't had news either. The lady at the checking agency told me though that my target date was end of April though. So if it is first come first served, yours shouldn't be too far behind. I applied for SETM in Liverpool with the settlement checking agency. When i checked in with them afew weeks ago, they told me the current waiting time is around 13 - 16 weeks on average. Hope that helps in any way. I will post here when mine arrives, good luck!x

faraty
Newly Registered

Post by faraty » Thu May 10, 2012 10:44 am

Hi Skirty,

Thank you so much for your reply! You have put my mind at ease for now!

I hope both our applications come through pretty soon! I have found it appauling from the UKBA's end how application for SET M in 2010 had an average turn over period of 3-4 weeks .. and in 2012 they had an average turn over of 10 weeks +. Shameful! But sadly nothing we can do from our end but wait!

Good Luck everyone!

ORafi
Newly Registered

Post by ORafi » Thu May 10, 2012 12:05 pm

Hi Skirty, Faraty,

I also applied (actually Re-Applied as i had earlier sent an outdated form) on the 28th of February. No news since.

Skirty are you sure the current waiting times are 13 - 16 weeks? I didnt submit it through the settlement checking service but i did speak to them about my application and they also said that i should expect it by end of April.

do you think we should be getting ours soon? we dont need to go through the biometric route right? cos i havent heard anything about that.

im basically just looking for encouragment so i dont lose the will to live! my job is at stake and i have been given till the first week of June as a deadline :(

thanks!

Ant27
Newly Registered

Post by Ant27 » Thu May 10, 2012 12:10 pm

We applied for my wife's ILR on Form SET (M) on 21st February through the Settlement Checking Service in Cambridge. We got an acknowledgement letter on 24th February and have heard nothing since.

We were due to fly to Spain at the end of May for my Sister's wedding but I think we have to face the sad reality that my wife won't be able to attend the wedding.

They told us at the SCS that 3-4 weeks was the normal waiting time for straightforward applications (which ours is). This was obviously wrong information. Had I known it might take this long I would have considered going to Croydon.

What disgusts me is that we as taxpayers are paying this pathetic excuse for a Government department nearly £1000 for ILR. Their so-called 'call centre' is staffed by rude, unhelpful robots. It is a waste of public money.

For me, the real news story isn't the queues at the immigration desks at Heathrow, it's how a Government agency can treat its customers so badly. If this was the NHS there would be uproar, protests marches, and resignations at the highest level.

The UK Border Agency - 'not fit for purpose' - not my words, but those of a previous home secretary who had responsibility for running it!

Utterly disgusted.

faraty
Newly Registered

Post by faraty » Thu May 10, 2012 12:17 pm

Ant27,

I totally agree!

There are so many people in the same boat as your wife's. And the sad thing is that the UKBA uses the 'tough luck' approach rather than be sympathetic!

balu114
Newly Registered

Post by balu114 » Thu May 10, 2012 12:23 pm

Hi,

I had posted my timeline earlier on this forum. I sent my SET(O) application on 11-Nov-2011 and today is the last day of the six month period.

So I thought I will give them a ring. I called 08706067766 and selected option 3 to find out about the progress. I was informed by a stern recorded voice that they can't provide the progress information before 6 months (I thought alright) and then informed about using Royal Mail website to track and then said the this call be terminated now. Then the call got terminated!!

How rude!

How am I supposed to find out what happened to my application?

waitingandwaiting
Newly Registered

Waiting times info

Post by waitingandwaiting » Thu May 10, 2012 1:18 pm

limmilim
Newly Registered

UKBA number

Post by limmilim » Thu May 10, 2012 2:20 pm

Hi Balu,

I have called the number before. The trick is to select Option 0 and then wait for the operator to pick up the phone from the other end. Then you can moan hehe. Good luck with your visa.

[quote="balu114"]Hi,

I had posted my timeline earlier on this forum. I sent my SET(O) application on 11-Nov-2011 and today is the last day of the six month period.

So I thought I will give them a ring. I called 08706067766 and selected option 3 to find out about the progress. I was informed by a stern recorded voice that they can't provide the progress information before 6 months (I thought alright) and then informed about using Royal Mail website to track and then said the this call be terminated now. Then the call got terminated!!

How rude!

How am I supposed to find out what happened to my application?[/quote]

vik_2012
Newly Registered

ILR received

Post by vik_2012 » Thu May 10, 2012 4:53 pm

Hi All,

after the long wait, I am glad to say My family & I have got our ILR. our time lines were

application dated - 18th jan 2012

ILr received 9th May 2012 with passport stamped 12th April 2012.

This was under set(O)

thank you for sharing your issues and I hope all your ILRs get confirmed soon

RajuT

Got biometric letter today

Post by RajuT » Thu May 10, 2012 6:41 pm

Had applied on 23 march for SET O (wp+ tier1)

don't know now how long will it take from here

Skirty
Newly Registered

Post by Skirty » Fri May 11, 2012 9:43 am

ORafi wrote:Hi Skirty, Faraty,

I also applied (actually Re-Applied as i had earlier sent an outdated form) on the 28th of February. No news since.

Skirty are you sure the current waiting times are 13 - 16 weeks? I didnt submit it through the settlement checking service but i did speak to them about my application and they also said that i should expect it by end of April.

do you think we should be getting ours soon? we dont need to go through the biometric route right? cos i havent heard anything about that.

im basically just looking for encouragment so i dont lose the will to live! my job is at stake and i have been given till the first week of June as a deadline :(

thanks!
Hi oRafi! I think with the settlement checking service, it doesn't make the wait any shorter, but it did give me that link between myself and my visa application, which really puts my mind at ease. You applied on the 28th Feb, a day after me, and as i understand, we applied JUST before the biometric route was put in place, so don't worry about that aspect as we don't have to deal with it at the moment. When i applied they told me the standard time they have experience for applications is 12 weeks all-in-all from application to receiving the visa. When i called a month and a half later to check on progress, she said my target date (I think this might just be the date for the decision to be made?) was the end of April. So - she said i should hear something by May. (But i haven't yet). She said that it could take up to 16 weeks, but that because mine is a standard, very straightforward SETM, it shouldn't take that long. Currently, you and I are only at 10 /11 weeks, which i like to think is kind of the end now. I am expecting my visa any day now. I have a flight booked to visit my family on the 2nd of june (Haven't seen them in 3 years now!) so in the same boat - every single day counts!! I have a good feeling about it and i think these passports will arrive soon. I will get an update on mine today - and then I'll drop you a message so you can kind of get a feeling of the situation... she said she would update me by lunchtime, so i will definitely keep you in the loop! Don't stress at the moment, I'd say give it one more week before you lose the will to live ;) It'll be fine, remember - there have been afew delays in the departments and yesterday was a strike, and we also have to take into account the bank holiday... I'll be back on here later with an update x

R&F

Post by R&F » Fri May 11, 2012 9:50 am

Hi Skirty, what number are you calling, I need to speak to someone in the HO, all I get is machine or waiting on the phone for over 15 minutes, and nothing.
Could you please send me the phone number you are calling?
I got a job offer but they said if I don't have my visa within the next week they will have to consider someone else, I applied on the 20th of Feb (SET (M) also), but I've heard from my MP that my file has not even been passed to a caseworker yet. I really like this job, and really need it. So any advice will be highly appreaciated.