ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I apply Tier2 visa?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bubertov
Newly Registered

Can I apply Tier2 visa?

Post by bubertov » Wed May 09, 2012 7:04 pm

Here is the thing.

I'm planing to study in the Australia next year but I got a call from my mom this morning.

She said I'm going to UK next month. Her friend opened a business there. It's an IT business. She wants me to move there with her. She gonna pay me for my Master Degree. First she wants me to study English course and then do the Master Degree next year and I can work part time at her company as a programmer while I'm studying. After that, she said I can apply for Post Graduate Visa to stay there for 2 years but I know it was cancelled. So, I'm curious can her company sponsor me for work permit after i finish Master Degree in UK at 2013?

I just finished my bachelor degree and have no working experience at all. So, I think it's gonna be so difficult or may be impossible for me to compete with local.

The company background - The company is new, quiet small and started with 160,000 Pound. But now it is very professional and things are going so well. The income is around 100,000 Pound per month. So, with this point I think the company gonna give me a good credit to immigration.

If you guy don't mind, can you give me a website of UK immigration about how to get work permit? Sorry if I ask for nonsense questions, I really have no idea about UK or UK visa at all. My whole plan was about Australia. It's all happened so fast. So, I think the quickest way is asking people on the internet. I need to have information as much as possible before I talked with my aunt and my mom next time. Because I don't think it's easy to get work permit in UK at this present.

kedaiapps
Newly Registered

Post by kedaiapps » Thu May 10, 2012 11:24 am

You can't study on a tier 2 visa. You're better off applying for a student visa.. and working part-time according to the stipulated hours. DO NOT exceed and spoil the system

sussexguy

Post by sussexguy » Thu May 10, 2012 3:58 pm

I agree. Apply for student visa. work for 20 hr per week and i think it is 40 hr per week during non term time.

your company can sponsor you a tier 2 work oermit after your degree if it is registered as a sponsor and can give you 20k+ per year, subject to the current rule. it may be same or change by the time you complete your masters.

travelvisamanila
Newly Registered

Post by travelvisamanila » Fri May 11, 2012 3:49 am

Hi Bubertov!

You first apply for student visa if your mother wants you to enroll in a masters degree and applying for a student visa needs you to be enrolled in one of the registered schools in UK offering education to international students. If you want to work while studying, you can have a part time job in UK since it is allowed for a student visa holder.

In this way, you will have a high chance of getting a Tier 2 visa by being a graduate in UK university.

I have recently talked with one of the UK university graduates who fortunately is having a great career right now in UK. Please visit http://www.travelvisamanila.com/

bubertov
Newly Registered

Post by bubertov » Fri May 11, 2012 8:33 am

Thank you guy

I mean first I'm going there with student visa and work part time there. But after I finish studying Master Degree, Can I apply for tier 2 ?

It's my non-relative aunt who is there not my mother. I have no family there. So, my non relative aunt can't sponsor me as her family.

I have searching for information on the immigration website about Tier 2 for general workers. If my the company sponsor me, they need give me like a sponsor certificate to apply for Tier 2.

To give me a certificate, I'm suppose to be in the shortage occupation list or they need to do the resident labour market test. And I'm not in the shortage occupation list so the company need to do the resident labour market test before getting certificate.

Is it hard to pass the resident labour market test for programmer job?