ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

royal mail lost my eea2 packet

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

markyk
Newly Registered
India

royal mail lost my eea2 packet

Post by markyk » Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:27 pm

hello every one , i was on a student visa valid till august 2012 n got married to my wife in jan 12. i sent all our relative documents for residence card via royal mail special delivery , after all these days the termed it as lost and now i dont know wat to do. after i get my new passport should i again apply for eea2 or first get my student visa stamped on it.
as well i lost majority of evidences like cards , etc will it create a bad impact on my application............ plz help

sikaba
Newly Registered

Post by sikaba » Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:06 pm

First and foremost you should be compensated for all the trouble royalmail put you through.Its sad but nothing you can do will bring your documents back.I will suggest you make a new application.But first get a police report of lost passport and whatever document you added to your initial application.Explain to them the circumstance for which you lost your document.Get a new passport for both you and your EU national, a new marriage certificate,EU national exercising treaty right document and make another application.All should go well. You don't have to renew your student visa before making the EEA2 application.You can go to school with your resident card once you receive it.But remember to send all the cost you will incur from the cost of getting a new passports to any other cost related to the lost document to royalmail for compensation.All the best

aluter

Post by aluter » Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:12 pm

I totally agree with sikaba, you should ask for a compensation especially because you used special delivery.
goodluck

reda
Member of Standing

Re: royal mail lost my eea2 packet

Post by reda » Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:26 pm

markyk wrote:hello every one , i was on a student visa valid till august 2012 n got married to my wife in jan 12. i sent all our relative documents for residence card via royal mail special delivery , after all these days the termed it as lost and now i dont know wat to do. after i get my new passport should i again apply for eea2 or first get my student visa stamped on it.
as well i lost majority of evidences like cards , etc will it create a bad impact on my application............ plz help
are you sure that your file is lost forever,i was in your shoes one year ago when i did send my file to the HO and after 3 weeks still no record to my file is delivered but i did call HO and ask about my file by just given my details only(not the special delivery barcode)and fortunately my file was there waiting for validity.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:37 am

Who exactly lost the application? Did Royal Mail loose it? Or UKBA?

markyk
Newly Registered
India

Post by markyk » Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:42 am

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:Who exactly lost the application? Did Royal Mail loose it? Or UKBA?

sir royal mail lost it

markyk
Newly Registered
India

Post by markyk » Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:43 am

reda wrote:
markyk wrote:hello every one , i was on a student visa valid till august 2012 n got married to my wife in jan 12. i sent all our relative documents for residence card via royal mail special delivery , after all these days the termed it as lost and now i dont know wat to do. after i get my new passport should i again apply for eea2 or first get my student visa stamped on it.
are you sure that your file is lost forever,i was in your shoes one year ago when i did send my file to the HO and after 3 weeks still no record to my file is delivered but i did call HO and ask about my file by just given my details only(not the special delivery barcode)and fortunately my file was there waiting for validity.
hello reda actually i even called them today and they said its not in the system

markyk
Newly Registered
India

Post by markyk » Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:43 am

sikaba wrote:First and foremost you should be compensated for all the trouble royalmail put you through.Its sad but nothing you can do will bring your documents back.I will suggest you make a new application.But first get a police report of lost passport and whatever document you added to your initial application.Explain to them the circumstance for which you lost your document.Get a new passport for both you and your EU national, a new marriage certificate,EU national exercising treaty right document and make another application.All should go well. You don't have to renew your student visa before making the EEA2 application.You can go to school with your resident card once you receive it.But remember to send all the cost you will incur from the cost of getting a new passports to any other cost related to the lost document to royalmail for compensation.All the best
thank you for your support

markyk
Newly Registered
India

Post by markyk » Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:52 pm

so finally after applying for my new passport , i just called ukba on 17 april and the lady told there is an apllication under my name but with a diffrent reference number of royal mail , i got confused and called them again and it was same..
the royal mail said that the package might have been damaged and was put in a new package with a new number and they notified ukba as well for the same.. now did i pay to royal mail or ukba ,, and the most important concern is now i dont know if my passport is still there with them and if yes what should i do of the new one that i would get,,,
plz help anyone plz plz

uk4rex.co.uk
Newly Registered

Post by uk4rex.co.uk » Thu May 10, 2012 11:36 am

markyk wrote:
so finally after applying for my new passport , i just called ukba on 17 april and the lady told there is an apllication under my name but with a diffrent reference number of royal mail , i got confused and called them again and it was same..
the royal mail said that the package might have been damaged and was put in a new package with a new number and they notified ukba as well for the same.. now did i pay to royal mail or ukba ,, and the most important concern is now i dont know if my passport is still there with them and if yes what should i do of the new one that i would get,,,
plz help anyone plz plz
I have the same problem but application and document are not lost, I tracked my post but no record find, I call the HO the lady said my application is not on system yet, I called royal mail and they confirm that my application was delivered the next day to the PO Box 306 L20QN and awaiting HO pick up

markyk
Newly Registered
India

Post by markyk » Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:04 pm

finally after 4 months of ups n down i recivrd my r.c without coa

anp
United Kingdom

Post by anp » Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:09 pm

Congratulations markyk!! I can only imagine what a relief it is, after such an awful ordeal.

I am in a similar situation. Royal Mail couldn't trace our EEA3 & EEA4 applications and documents, even though we paid a premium price for a next day guaranteed delivery. Actually, they still can't. Luckily, I have called HO 2-3 times, and they have confirmed that both our applications have been "logged in" into their system (18 July). What worried us is that this was the 2nd time we sent our applications, because HO had initially returned them back to us. Thus, we were thinking that when they said that our applications have been logged in, they meant the old applications. I had to clarify it a few times with them just to make sure. Our applications are pretty straightforward, so we are praying for a similar time-line to yours.

Can't wait to get over this nerve-wrecking situation!! Lucky you. Well done, you did it.
Be good.

markyk
Newly Registered
India

Post by markyk » Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:22 am

anp wrote:Congratulations markyk!! I can only imagine what a relief it is, after such an awful ordeal.

I am in a similar situation. Royal Mail couldn't trace our EEA3 & EEA4 applications and documents, even though we paid a premium price for a next day guaranteed delivery. Actually, they still can't. Luckily, I have called HO 2-3 times, and they have confirmed that both our applications have been "logged in" into their system (18 July). What worried us is that this was the 2nd time we sent our applications, because HO had initially returned them back to us. Thus, we were thinking that when they said that our applications have been logged in, they meant the old applications. I had to clarify it a few times with them just to make sure. Our applications are pretty straightforward, so we are praying for a similar time-line to yours. thank you dude just wait for another 3 weeks n it should give u a clear picture

Can't wait to get over this nerve-wrecking situation!! Lucky you. Well done, you did it.