ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation Change of Address!

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ultimate12570

Naturalisation Change of Address!

Post by ultimate12570 » Thu May 10, 2012 3:44 pm

We applied for my wife Naturalisation 2 months ago, but now we have moved to a new address, does anybody know where we need to inform, I've found a topic related to my query here, but it does not say where to send the letter requesting change of address! we have tried to call the Naturalisation Department Liverpool but they never pick the phone....and we were put on wait again and again by the their automated computer system.

Even teh guidance form for naturalisation does not say where to inform, if you change your address???? :?:

friendinneed

Post by friendinneed » Thu May 10, 2012 3:58 pm

The easiest thing would be to phone them, they take a while to get through to but never had that much of a problem personally - obviously try to avoid the peaks around monday morning, every lunchtime, just before closing etc.

Even if you do speak to them I would back it up with a letter and send it to the same address as the form which is listed on this page http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/briti ... ndtheform/

cricinfo

Post by cricinfo » Thu May 10, 2012 4:45 pm

Change the address with UKBA and also have Royal Mail diversion service in place as UKBA send all the communication by Royal Mail. This will make sure that you will still receive the letter even if they send it on old address.

ultimate12570

Post by ultimate12570 » Mon May 14, 2012 3:08 pm

cricinfo wrote:Change the address with UKBA and also have Royal Mail diversion service in place as UKBA send all the communication by Royal Mail. This will make sure that you will still receive the letter even if they send it on old address.
Well, We sent a letter to the same address, where our application was sent but I wonder why the UKBA did not provide any information for change of address on their Guidance forms for naturalisation? and we are still struggling to get hold of them over the phone..!!!!

cricinfo

Post by cricinfo » Mon May 14, 2012 7:38 pm

ultimate12570 wrote:
cricinfo wrote:Change the address with UKBA and also have Royal Mail diversion service in place as UKBA send all the communication by Royal Mail. This will make sure that you will still receive the letter even if they send it on old address.
Well, We sent a letter to the same address, where our application was sent but I wonder why the UKBA did not provide any information for change of address on their Guidance forms for naturalisation? and we are still struggling to get hold of them over the phone..!!!!
Have you setup post office mail redirection on your old address ? If i was you i would do that straightaway. Then try calling them regularly avoiding peak times and eventually you will get through to them