ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

uk visit visa for my wife

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

msinuk
Newly Registered

Post by msinuk » Fri May 04, 2012 11:25 pm

hello everybody...currently i am in uk under tier1 general visa and my visa is going to expire on this month may 22nd. i applied for my extension on 27th of april 2012. i am living with my sister who is a PR of UK.
recently i've got married and my wife is still in india as she has to complete her graduation. now she finished her graduation and gor selected for a big company. she might be having her joining date around august 2012.
now we want to spend time together for atleast few months before she join that company which is in india.
can i apply her a visit visa or dependent visa?. if she apply for dependent visa i think she will get permission to stay until 22 May only(until my visa expires).
i can not apply her a FAMILY visit visa(under my sponsership) as well as all my documents and visa got stuck at immigration office and also my visa is gonna expire on 22nd may.
can i apply her a FAMILY visit visa under my sister's sponsership??.
will that work?. if so how?.
or do i have to apply her a GENERAL visit visa?. if so do they allow her to stay atleast 6 months. some people said ' for a GENERAL visit visa, the duration the homeoffice will allow might be less than 2months'.

please help me in this. it is very urgent. please.

thanks
ms

pennylessinindia

Post by pennylessinindia » Sat May 05, 2012 5:39 pm

Just apply for a dependant visa and show the copy of your current visa and if the extension comes before her visa is issued then you can update them of this fact. Should could also apply for a family visit visa but it sounds like her job is not exactly confirmed and may lead to doubts that she will be genuinely visiting.
pennyless

msinuk
Newly Registered

Post by msinuk » Sun May 06, 2012 10:02 am

pennylessinindia wrote:Just apply for a dependant visa and show the copy of your current visa and if the extension comes before her visa is issued then you can update them of this fact. Should could also apply for a family visit visa but it sounds like her job is not exactly confirmed and may lead to doubts that she will be genuinely visiting.
thanks for ur reply.....like u said if she apply for the dependent visa, dont they say that ur husbands visa is running out, so v cant give the dependent visa.
and if they give her the dependent visa she will get until MAY 22nd only right, after that what i have to do??
wont there be any problem to apply dependent visa even though i my visa is until may 22nd????
please get me outof this confusion....

manasa
Newly Registered

Post by manasa » Thu May 10, 2012 3:57 pm

I am on Tier 1 General Migrant and my visa is going to expire in dec 2012, i am planning to bring my husband here.

My question is i am planning to bring him here as a visitor once he finishes his visa stay he will return back india and from there we want to apply the dependant as by that time my extension will be done.

so will his visiting visa have any effect on the dependant visa application??