ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 (PSW) processing times

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kapil250
Newly Registered

Post by kapil250 » Thu May 10, 2012 5:43 pm

Friends. I would just like to advice everyone to contact DX people either by phone or if u don't have enough calling credit then by mail at: tracking@securemail.co.uk

These people are 1000 times more helpful than UKBA customer service people whose only answer to all my queries is Wait for some time. we cant answer these questions unless your application is 6 months old.

I email them every alternate day and they reply back in 1-2 hours ..It will give u an idea if you are getting our delivery next day or not. far better than sitting home and waiting for the delivery man everyday.. just write your name and post code and ask if they have any deliveries for you.

And a small request: please keep posting your Timeline regularly with updates, or even your friends who have applied and got their BRP. This Forum is the only place which gives us a vague idea about the application process. Cant Thank the members enough. keep up the good work.
Good luck to all.

Tihod

Post by Tihod » Thu May 10, 2012 6:20 pm

kapil250 wrote:Friends. I would just like to advice everyone to contact DX people either by phone or if u don't have enough calling credit then by mail at: tracking@securemail.co.uk

These people are 1000 times more helpful than UKBA customer service people whose only answer to all my queries is Wait for some time. we cant answer these questions unless your application is 6 months old.

I email them every alternate day and they reply back in 1-2 hours ..It will give u an idea if you are getting our delivery next day or not. far better than sitting home and waiting for the delivery man everyday.. just write your name and post code and ask if they have any deliveries for you.

And a small request: please keep posting your Timeline regularly with updates, or even your friends who have applied and got their BRP. This Forum is the only place which gives us a vague idea about the application process. Cant Thank the members enough. keep up the good work.
Good luck to all.
Thanks Kapil, it is really useful, they replied within 5 min to my e mail. certainly it can give us the idea.

Kapil can you again write your timeline here if it is possible or copy from previous msgs

rabh

Re: hey

Post by rabh » Thu May 10, 2012 6:21 pm

Tihod wrote:
rabh wrote:OK guys, here's the news!

Got my BRP card today with issue date 05-05-2012.
I have posted timeline in my earlier postings.

@Kapil250 :your research about the dispatch days of parcels from UKBA seems true buddy! Or might be a coincidence! Whatever it is half of my stress is down now just waiting for my PP and other documents so that I can say bye bye to this country!!!

All the best to you guys who are waiting and those who applied in February first week and did biometrics in the week commencing 19th March, get ready!
rabh wrote:
jack3999 wrote:
i submited my biometrics in march 15 ,,applied in feb 4 th but nthg heared from UKBA
Applied on 9th Feb and biometrics on 19th March so let's hope for this week or next. It is just a rough calculation......!!!

Congrats Rabh, can you please update your timeline here once again, thanks

Sure mate, here is my timeline:

Applied on 9th Feb
Received by H/O on 10th Feb
Fee deducted on 10th Feb
Acknowledement letter received on 15th Feb (dated 13th Feb)
Biometric letter received on 17th March (dated 15th March)
Biometric enrolled on 19th March
BRP received on 10th May (issued on 5th May)

Other documents yet to receive.

Good luck guys!

kapil250
Newly Registered

My Timeline.

Post by kapil250 » Thu May 10, 2012 6:40 pm

Glad to help..My timeline:

Application Sent: 23 February
Acknowledgement letter received: 2 March
Biometric letter received: 24 March
Biometric enrolled: 26 March at Middleton post office
BRP:Waiting
Docs:Waiting

kartik_r
BANNED

Post by kartik_r » Thu May 10, 2012 6:45 pm

rabh wrote:
Tihod wrote:

@Kapil250 :your research about the dispatch days of parcels from UKBA seems true buddy! Or might be a coincidence! Whatever it is half of my stress is down now just waiting for my PP and other documents so that I can say bye bye to this country!!!

All the best to you guys who are waiting and those who applied in February first week and did biometrics in the week commencing 19th March, get ready!
rabh wrote:
Applied on 9th Feb and biometrics on 19th March so let's hope for this week or next. It is just a rough calculation......!!!

Congrats Rabh, can you please update your timeline here once again, thanks

Sure mate, here is my timeline:

Applied on 9th Feb
Received by H/O on 10th Feb
Fee deducted on 10th Feb
Acknowledement letter received on 15th Feb (dated 13th Feb)
Biometric letter received on 17th March (dated 15th March)
Biometric enrolled on 19th March
BRP received on 10th May (issued on 5th May)

Other documents yet to receive.

Good luck guys!
dude,

You're very lucky to get it early. Congrats.

My name is Kartik. Check for my TIMELINE on a different post ( TIER 1 PSW delay...delay...delay)

Can you give any advise for me. I am about to pull out my application unwillingly by the end of this month, if i dont get things sorted out.

I literally have no money and can't work either beacuse of these people. I lost few good offers in my area of expertise.. In recession, its hard to get opportunities like this. Still, my ratio is 3: 20 (On applying to 20 investment banking openings i get 3 to 4 interview calls). I normally dont target big companies but i target middle level positions in tier 2 firms with pay range of £ 24,000 - 30,000.

I want to earn at least 30% of what i spent in the country ( £ 10,000 out of 30,000) in 2 yrs and go and settle down in Frankfurt/Hong kong/Zurich. That's why i need to add 2 yrs of london exp to my india wrk exp before i move to another country. For one reason or the other, psw is a deciding factor of my Career.

Is there any chance to get it before the end of this month ??... If you see my TIMELINE, they've taken 2 1/2 months to send my bio-metric ( date of application : 10th feb 2012; bio-metric received : 23rd Apr 2012) and i gave it on the same day without any delay...

All the People that i know off in my university who applied in the same time as me, have got visa already, so as the people who have written their stories in this site (blogs)

Kartik

kartik_r
BANNED

Re: Time lines

Post by kartik_r » Thu May 10, 2012 6:46 pm

Ryo wrote:
Tihod wrote:
Ryo wrote:Application Posted: 08 March 2012
Fees Deducted: 17 March 2012
Acknowledgement received 21 March 2012
Biometric letter received 4 April dated 31 March, 2012
Biometrics given: 4 April 2012 at Eastleigh Post Office.
BRP- still waiting
Documents - still waiting

Home office get me into trouble. As I have referred to its service quality standard which state 75% application can be completed in 4 weeks time, I have arranged a wedding ceremony dated on 9th June in my country (hotels, flights, cameraman, make up artists, everything has been arranged~!). It already been 9 weeks but nothing has been heard from home office. What should I do if it cannot be done before 9th June?? over 500 attendees have been invited, very depressed right now!!!
Really you are in big trouble, I can imagine the kind of thoughts that emerge against UKBA and its service standards. I know some of my fr'ds who applied on 17 feb, and did biometrics with me on 23 march, they still havn't got yet, some have already lost the hope of getting before 20 of this month and some expecting by the end of this month. its really a depressing situation bcoz we all have some kind of important work back in country, its not simply about meeting family which u can delay for 1 more month and this leads to anguish against UKBA by many of my known fr'ds and this forum persons also, UKBA is doing the process really slowly, one of my fr'ds from Nigeria studying along with me in same univ called them 2 days back, he submitted his application on 17 feb still got nothing, the lady on telephone replied and told him, not to call unless the waiting time is more than 6 months, its really ridiculous and rude also.
Tihod, I believe it is soon to be your turn for your documents to arrive. Don't worry too much~
My name is Kartik. Check for my TIMELINE on a different post ( TIER 1 PSW delay...delay...delay)

Can you give any advise for me. I am about to pull out my application unwillingly by the end of this month, if i dont get things sorted out.

I literally have no money and can't work either beacuse of these people. I lost few good offers in my area of expertise.. In recession, its hard to get opportunities like this. Still, my ratio is 3: 20 (On applying to 20 investment banking openings i get 3 to 4 interview calls). I normally dont target big companies but i target middle level positions in tier 2 firms with pay range of £ 24,000 - 30,000.

I want to earn at least 30% of what i spent in the country ( £ 10,000 out of 30,000) in 2 yrs and go and settle down in Frankfurt/Hong kong/Zurich. That's why i need to add 2 yrs of london exp to my india wrk exp before i move to another country. For one reason or the other, psw is a deciding factor of my Career.

Is there any chance to get it before the end of this month ??... If you see my TIMELINE, they've taken 2 1/2 months to send my bio-metric ( date of application : 10th feb 2012; bio-metric received : 23rd Apr 2012) and i gave it on the same day without any delay...

All the People that i know off in my university who applied in the same time as me, have got visa already, so as the people who have written their stories in this site (blogs)

Kartik

kashyapgada

Post by kashyapgada » Thu May 10, 2012 6:51 pm

You should be getting you visa in next 2 weeks forsure!!!
kartik_r wrote:
Ryo wrote:
Tihod wrote:
BRP- still waiting

Home office get me into trouble. As I have referred to its service quality standard which state 75% application can be completed in 4 weeks time, I have arranged a wedding ceremony dated on 9th June in my country (hotels, flights, cameraman, make up artists, everything has been arranged~!). It already been 9 weeks but nothing has been heard from home office. What should I do if it cannot be done before 9th June?? over 500 attendees have been invited, very depressed right now!!!
Really you are in big trouble, I can imagine the kind of thoughts that emerge against UKBA and its service standards. I know some of my fr'ds who applied on 17 feb, and did biometrics with me on 23 march, they still havn't got yet, some have already lost the hope of getting before 20 of this month and some expecting by the end of this month. its really a depressing situation bcoz we all have some kind of important work back in country, its not simply about meeting family which u can delay for 1 more month and this leads to anguish against UKBA by many of my known fr'ds and this forum persons also, UKBA is doing the process really slowly, one of my fr'ds from Nigeria studying along with me in same univ called them 2 days back, he submitted his application on 17 feb still got nothing, the lady on telephone replied and told him, not to call unless the waiting time is more than 6 months, its really ridiculous and rude also.
Tihod, I believe it is soon to be your turn for your documents to arrive. Don't worry too much~

Kartik

Tihod

Post by Tihod » Thu May 10, 2012 6:52 pm

kartik_r wrote:
Ryo wrote:
Tihod wrote:
BRP- still waiting

Kartik
Hello Kartik, I think as per the timeline you will get the PSW on almost same time when we all will whosoever did biometrics around 19 have started getting, you did on 23 march, so next turn surely we ours. hopefull bro, have some more patience, if god accepted, we will get it by next week

kashyapgada

STRIKE

Post by kashyapgada » Thu May 10, 2012 7:05 pm

WTF! today ALSO THE BORDER STAFF was on STRIKE. THESE PEOPLE SHOULD PAY FOR OUR HOME RENT AND EVERY EXPENSE FOR THE AMOUNT OF DELAY TAKING PLACE IN GIVING VISA> THen they will understand our pain!

kartik_r
BANNED

Post by kartik_r » Thu May 10, 2012 7:06 pm

Tihod wrote:
kartik_r wrote:
Ryo wrote:
Tihod wrote:

Kartik
Hello Kartik, I think as per the timeline you will get the PSW on almost same time when we all will whosoever did biometrics around 19 have started getting, you did on 23 march, so next turn surely we ours. hopefull bro, have some more patience, if god accepted, we will get it by next week
Nope, If you see message.. Date of application : 10th Feb 2012 ; Date of Bio-metric received : 23rd april 2012; Bio-metric letter dt : 18th April 2012 ( on the letter it says , its printed or generated from their system on 18th april 2012) i got it despatched only on 23rd apr and i did it on the very same day with delay..

The problem is although i received the acknowledgement letter on 14th Feb 2012, the bio-metric letter was sent on 18th apr 2012.. look at the time delay...

It's rediculous stuff really dude :'(... If i would have got the bio-metric like other say.,. 1st week or 2nd week of Mar ... i should have got it done a lot early..

kartik_r
BANNED

Post by kartik_r » Thu May 10, 2012 7:50 pm

Ryo wrote:
Tihod wrote:
BRP- still waiting

Kartik

oxb1988
Newly Registered

Post by oxb1988 » Thu May 10, 2012 8:13 pm

Hi everyone!!!
So my cituation is:
I have sent docs on 28th February
Then Have submitted biometric on 27th March

Since then obviously there is a silence from them :( I really wanted to book a holiday to see my boyfriend, on the 1st of June... Do you think I might get docs by this date?? Or I better not to risk with buying a tickets?? I was hoping to receive docs within 2 months of sending them...but then I saw this forum today and got really upset :( why are they taking so long? :(

oxb1988
Newly Registered

Post by oxb1988 » Thu May 10, 2012 8:28 pm

kapil250 wrote:Friends. I would just like to advice everyone to contact DX people either by phone or if u don't have enough calling credit then by mail at: tracking@securemail.co.uk

Good luck to all.

Sorry I'm new to here, who are the DX people?? what's the phone number?

oxb1988
Newly Registered

Re: Biometri given on 28/03/2012 @ Aberdeen post office.

Post by oxb1988 » Thu May 10, 2012 8:37 pm

walkowitz wrote:
vinayak.nandi wrote:Guys here is my application to UKBA:

Application Dropped: 28/02/2012
Ack Received: 8/03/2012 (dated 03/03/2012)

Biometric letter: 27/03/2012 (dated 23/03/2012)
Biometric given: 28/03/2012 (@ post office Aberdeen)

After that nothing heard from UKBA.

is anybody as exact same situation like me..??
Same here Bro.

Application Dropped: 27 Feb 2012 ( Dundee, Scotland Post Office )
Biometric Letter : 27 March 2012
Biometric Given : 28 March 2012 ( @ Acton Post Office, London )

After that No News from UKBA.

I am on the same boat as like you .

Please keep posting if any update. :(

Guys, I'm with you :) similar dates!!! hope we will get our docs soon!!!!!!

kartik_r
BANNED

Post by kartik_r » Thu May 10, 2012 8:43 pm

oxb1988 wrote:Hi everyone!!!
So my cituation is:

Since then obviously there is a silence from them :( I really wanted to book a holiday to see my boyfriend, on the 1st of June... Do you think I might get docs by this date?? Or I better not to risk with buying a tickets?? I was hoping to receive docs within 2 months of sending them...but then I saw this forum today and got really upset :( why are they taking so long? :(
Which one would you prefer. Enjoyment with boy-friend or making career and recovering the debts back.

Ball is in your Court. If you see my time line, its even more pathetic, i am waiting for more than 3 months. Applied on Feb 10th 2012, got the bio-metric on 23rd April 2012 and registered the finger impressions the same day at post office.

I could see from recent updates that they're considering application for which they received bio metric registrations on or before 23 rd Mar 2012.
Hopefully, either of the 1st 2 weeks of next month as my assumption for your case.

UKba dont really give a f*uck about the Date of Application as per my understanding and knowledge (experience). Even though, they despatch bio metric after 74 days from date of application , they only consider the bio metric registration date and open the CASE file.

If they would have given the bio metric letter to me in 28 days ( which is put up on the website officially) of application date ( say 1st -10th Mar 2012) by this time i would have got the visa and get my things fall in place one after the other.. Every one are having hard times ( i have so many problems because of immigration, Cant do any thing .. THIS IS NOT OUR COUNTRY and after all we'll are migrants as per their eyes...

If you want the need of boy-friend very urgently :-) on understanding to feelings for him , book the flights and apply for return of docs online. The Visa will be rejected immediately and docs will be sent back no longer than 10 working days ( In fact, this is what the UKba is looking for.. they want as many people to pull out them selves, that is why the drag till people get messed up with finance and take a decision, and they'll be happy to reject visa and you'll feel for the Visa fir kife time, if you really think Visa is important than boy friends company. If you think other way around, then its entirely upto you to make a choice..

Kartik
Last edited by kartik_r on Thu May 10, 2012 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

oxb1988
Newly Registered

Post by oxb1988 » Thu May 10, 2012 8:50 pm

kartik_r wrote:
oxb1988 wrote:Hi everyone!!!
So my cituation is:

Which one would you prefer. Enjoyment with boy-friend or making career and recovering the debts back.

Ball is in your Court. If you see my time line, its even more pathetic, i am waiting for more than 3 months. Applied on Feb 10th 2012, got the bio-metric on 23rd April 2012 and registered the finger impressions the same day at post office.

I could see from recent updates that they're considering application for which they received bio metric registrations on or before 23 rd Mar 2012.
Hopefully, either of the 1st 2 weeks of next month as my assumption for your case.

UKba dont really give a talk to about the Date of Application as per my understanding and knowledge (experience). Even though, they despatch bio metric after 74 days from date of application , they only consider the bio metric registration date and open the CASE file.

If they would have given the bio metric letter to me in 28 days of application date ( say 1st -10th Mar 2012) by this time i would have got the visa and get my things fall in place one after the other.. Every one are having hard times ( i have so many problems because of immigration, Cant do any thing .. THIS IS NOT OUR COUNTRY and after all we'll are migrants as per their eyes...

If you want the need of boy-friend very urgently :-) on understanding to feelings for him , book the flights and apply for return of docs online. The Visa will be rejected immediately and docs will be sent back no longer than 10 working days ( In fact, this is what the UKba is looking for.. they want as many people to pull out them selves, that is why the drag till people get messed up with finance and take a decision, and they'll be happy to reject visa and you'll feel for the Visa fir kife time, if you really think Visa is important than boy friends company. If you think other way around, then its entirely upto you to make a choice..

Kartik
Well I'm not talking about withdrawing my application just because I want to see my boyfriend, I am just asking is there a chance of getting docs before 1st of june? if not then I'll just have to wait that's it.. I'm not stupit to withdraw everything after I've waited for 2,5 months! How do u know they are looking at biometric received on 23rd? on their website it says: We are currently considering applications where the applicant attended a biometric appointment on or before 12 March. and its been like this for 3 weeks now!! how can they look at 12th of march for 3 weeks?? :(

kapil250
Newly Registered

Post by kapil250 » Thu May 10, 2012 9:21 pm

Glad to see new people here. My advice and request to all. Please don't take any step to withdraw your application, unless its really really urgent.

because if you do so, Then all this waiting (which has been like hell for all of us) and all the money which we have spent here on rent, living and the precious last 3-4 months of our life, which in my case, have been of no productivity at all, all go waste for nothing.
We have sacrificed so much, but if we withdraw, then all the efforts go waste.

In my case, I have been living here for almost 2 months without a job..and i have spent almost all my savings during this time. whats even worse is now i don't have any much money left and would probably have to ask my parents to send me some to pay off my debts here and to buy myself a plane ticket if things continue at this pace. Still, if i have to wait another month, i will. Because I have sacrificed so much , and i wont quit now unless i get my PSW.

So guys, please hang on. I know its painful, and we all have our problems, but don't withdraw your application. because that's what UKBA wants. Don't let them win.

smuhammad84
Newly Registered

Post by smuhammad84 » Thu May 10, 2012 11:08 pm

rabh wrote:
jack3999 wrote:
rabh wrote:As per the forum, it seems those who applied from the last week of January till February first week, got their things back last week and are still getting this week as well except may be for few lucky ones.
i submited my biometrics in march 15 ,,applied in feb 4 th but nthg heared from UKBA
Mate, I am so glad for you!!! :) Good luck to you!!!

shribalaji

Re: STRIKE

Post by shribalaji » Thu May 10, 2012 11:17 pm

kashyapgada wrote:WTF! today ALSO THE BORDER STAFF was on STRIKE. THESE PEOPLE SHOULD PAY FOR OUR HOME RENT AND EVERY EXPENSE FOR THE AMOUNT OF DELAY TAKING PLACE IN GIVING VISA> THen they will understand our pain!

Dude where is the link? Any info regarding their strike. Perhaps we have to go on strike too I'm fed up with this waiting shit, it is my second job offer and with an extension upto June 1st week.

kapil2500
Newly Registered

Post by kapil2500 » Thu May 10, 2012 11:37 pm

Don't know why, but i cant log in to my older account "kapil250" anymore.
Anyways, what strike is being discussed here. can someone please provide me a link..

shribalaji

Post by shribalaji » Thu May 10, 2012 11:42 pm

kapil2500 wrote:Don't know why, but i cant log in to my older account "kapil250" anymore.
Anyways, what strike is being discussed here. can someone please provide me a link..
Google it m8 it's all over through the news. 24hrs strike not a big deal though they don't work either, f***** b*****s

Redempless

Post by Redempless » Thu May 10, 2012 11:44 pm

Well, Visa Delay is because of poor management and their IT system failure last month. I Made my application on:

Application Made: 4th March,2012
Fee Deducted: 14 March,2012
Acknowledgement: 16 March,2012
Biometric Letter Dated: 28 March,2012
Biometric Enrolled: 31 March,2012

Still Waiting for Documents & BRP

kjkansas
Newly Registered

Timeline and advice

Post by kjkansas » Fri May 11, 2012 12:40 am

Here's my timeline:

18 January -- sent in application
20 January -- application received by UKBA
24 January -- acknowledgement letter dated
25 January -- funds taken from bank account
27 January -- received acknowledgement letter
28 February -- biometrics letter dated
10 March -- biometrics letter received (notice the HUGE gap in receiving the letter)
12 March -- biometrics attempted; when I got to the post office I realized they put a Mr. on my application instead of a Miss and that mistake meant I had to call for ANOTHER biometrics letter to be sent out -- supposedly takes a week.
17 March -- NEW biometrics letter received with correct salutation
20 March -- biometrics submitted at Old Street post office in London

Nothing since! Pretty nice timeline, huh?

Also, to those people who are saying they can't work or be productive while they wait... you do know you can work in a temporary position as many hours as you want, right? So you could work 40 hours a week in a restaurant if you wanted, for example? I mean, obviously it isn't ideal, but you can at least be making money!!

Judging from how in January it took FIVE DAYS for the fee to be taken and now it's taking a MONTH in some cases... you might be waiting awhile for that visa. As long as you applied before your student visa expired, you are free to work in the UK as many hours as you'd like (given that you're done with your studies) in a temporary, fixed-term, or contract position.

kapil2500
Newly Registered

Post by kapil2500 » Fri May 11, 2012 3:21 am

PSW closure, applications overload, computer system failure, Strikes, bad management, easter holiday and other bank holiday delay, delays by royal mail people, etc etc etc..can't believe all this has to happen at over time of application. it was completely fine till last year.

Maybe UKBA got bored and thought to themselves, hey, you know what, we have been behaving nicely with these applicants for a while...So, just for a change, instead of being nice, let's be a real pain in A** for this lot.. and make their life like hell for some time.

oxb1988
Newly Registered

Re: Timeline and advice

Post by oxb1988 » Fri May 11, 2012 7:31 am

kjkansas wrote:Here's my timeline:

18 January -- sent in application
20 January -- application received by UKBA
24 January -- acknowledgement letter dated
25 January -- funds taken from bank account
27 January -- received acknowledgement letter
28 February -- biometrics letter dated
10 March -- biometrics letter received (notice the HUGE gap in receiving the letter)
12 March -- biometrics attempted; when I got to the post office I realized they put a Mr. on my application instead of a Miss and that mistake meant I had to call for ANOTHER biometrics letter to be sent out -- supposedly takes a week.
17 March -- NEW biometrics letter received with correct salutation
20 March -- biometrics submitted at Old Street post office in London

Nothing since! Pretty nice timeline, huh?

Also, to those people who are saying they can't work or be productive while they wait... you do know you can work in a temporary position as many hours as you want, right? So you could work 40 hours a week in a restaurant if you wanted, for example? I mean, obviously it isn't ideal, but you can at least be making money!!

Judging from how in January it took FIVE DAYS for the fee to be taken and now it's taking a MONTH in some cases... you might be waiting awhile for that visa. As long as you applied before your student visa expired, you are free to work in the UK as many hours as you'd like (given that you're done with your studies) in a temporary, fixed-term, or contract position.
When saying people can work while waiting for a visa don't forget that in order to GET a job, you HAVE to show them your passport and visa!! people don't have their passports and visas - therefore no one will give them job! I was lucky to get a temp job just before sending my passport to UKBA... however since then I had lots of opportunities to get a better job, but had to reject them as I have no passport!