ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK VISA

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

yumyum
Newly Registered

UK VISA

Post by yumyum » Thu May 10, 2012 11:47 pm

So my immigration status has just changed from temporary resident of family member of Slovenian citizen to permanent. I entered the UK 2ce this year with my Slovenian husband on an EEA family permit (which has now expired) with no problems.
My question is, since my status has changed, do I still require this EEA family permit to enter the UK?
It's become to stressful for my husband to come with me whenever I want to visit because he has to work.
Do I go ahead and apply (for a the umpteenth time) for a UK visa?

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Thu May 10, 2012 11:51 pm

I'm confused by your statement. You would need to have been resident in the UK for five years to become a permanent resident. You may be referring to a residence card that permits you to remain in the UK for five years, but this would be on the basis that your EEA partner remains in the UK with you and exercises treaty rights throughout that period. When you enter the UK is you partner with you or already inside the UK?

Or perhaps you mean you have PR in Slovenia. It that is the case then good for you but you still need to travel with your partner when you enter the UK. Otherwise, if you travel alone you need to apply for a UK visit visa.
Last edited by Lucapooka on Thu May 10, 2012 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

yumyum
Newly Registered

Post by yumyum » Thu May 10, 2012 11:56 pm

no no no Lukapoca I meant I have a permanent residence card for Slovenia and I'd like to visit the UK again. Now that my status has changed from temporary to permanent, will I still need an EEA family permit?

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Thu May 10, 2012 11:58 pm

The late edit escaped you.
Lucapooka wrote:Or perhaps you mean you have PR in Slovenia. It that is the case then good for you but you still need to travel with your partner when you enter the UK. Otherwise, if you travel alone you need to apply for a UK visit visa.

yumyum
Newly Registered

Post by yumyum » Fri May 11, 2012 12:00 am

aaarrghh! Sorry. OK, I guessed as much, just wanted to be extra sure, thanks. Its just that I applied for UK visas several times in the past, and always got rejected...even after I was married and moved to Slovenia. Then I applied for the EEA permit and got it immediately::strange:::