ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

I Wont be able to live without him

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

google
Newly Registered

I Wont be able to live without him

Post by google » Wed Nov 29, 2006 4:28 pm

Hi
I am new to this discussion board. I am english 34 year old I am with my husband last three and half years and we have a baby together.
He is in this country for last six years from pakistan and he claimed asylum after he entered uk illegaly and got refused and he just didnt show up after that but he didnt have no removal orders against him.
He wants to go back to pak to apply for settlement visa from bhc islamabad but the problem is that i am only working part time after i have the baby, and i got a council flat and i dont have any saving either can i still sponsor him. Do i have to travel with him and what documents do i have to send to bhc.
I have second thoughts he might not return again. And I am scared to go to pakistan cause it is an islamic country What can i do ??
Does he has to go then what documents i have to provide he is not allowed to work either in this country i just cant be without him i love him loads
Does he has to mention to eco that he claimed asylum in uk and got refused and why didnt he turn up after that ? Will this gonna effect his case. And i have just recently started this job

Can i anybody give advice please
thanks

laura

rainbow24

Post by rainbow24 » Wed Nov 29, 2006 9:14 pm

hi Laura,

My hubby entered the UK illegally 6 years ago. He continued to live and work in the UK as an illegal immigrant for 6 years but did not claim asylum. His country of origin is Pakistan!

We lived together for a period of time and now I am expecting our first child due in 2 weeks time! My husband, however, is in Pakistan having left the country voluntarily in August this year to go back to his country and apply for a spouse visa to re enter the United Kingdom. For one reason or another we were late applying for the visa and he has just submitted his documents this month to the bhc in Islamabad. We have been told that it will take 12 weeks before a decision will be given, so fingers crossed we will receive a decision in February next year.

The first thing you need to do is go to an immigration solicitor and ask for some advice. Some solicitors give a free consultation and can go through the options with you and your husband. If I remember correctly, a solicitor informed me that if I was living with my husband for 2 years+ and we could prove that we have lived together during this period of time, then we could apply for a visa from this country without having to return to Pakistan. Considering that you and your husband have lived together for the last 3 and a half years and have a baby together, it sounds like you could go ahead and apply for the Spouse visa here in the UK.

My husband had no choice but to return to Pakistan because we lived together for a short period of time in the UK (under 2 years) and we could not prove that we lived together. We also had an Islamic marriage done here, but we were told by solicitors that the Nikah (Islamic Marriage) was not valid since he was illegal in this country. We were therefore advised to go to Pakistan and do the Nikah there. The Nikah Namma (marriage certificate) was written in English and translated into Urdu, the marriage was then registered in Pakistan and both certificates were provided to the BHC in Islamabad.

I have a strong feeling that you and your husband will not need to travel to Pakistan since you have lived together for so long. Main thing here is that you provide as much evidence as possible stating that you lived together for the period of time you have mentioned. You will need to provide your marriage certificate and evidence that you have a baby together ie birth certificate. If your baby is not yet here, you can provide a letter from your GP stating that you are pregnant and when the baby is due. You could also provide evidence from the hospital such as scan reports etc. Gather as much evi as possible to prove that you are a couple and that your marriage is genuine. As I mentioned before, go to a solicitor and ask for some free advice and they will direct you in the best possible way as to how to go about applying for a spouse visa and what is involved.

I can only tell you about my husbands situation which is slightly more different from yours. If you do have to return to Pakistan and apply from there which I think is unlikely, then you will have to provide the following documents to the BHC.

Last 6 months bank statements
Last 6 months payslips including P60
Tenancy agreement. If you are living in a council house, you will need a letter from the council giving you permisson to allow your husband to stay in the house with you if he gets his visa.
Evidence that your marriage is genuine ie photos of you together in the UK, letters from friends/family stating that they know you and that the marriage is a genunie one. If you travel together to Pakistan and you return to the UK, you could provide evidence of contact between you and your husband whilst apart ie phone bills, international calling cards, letters sent to each other, emails, birthday cards, anniversary cards etc.
Evidence that you have a child together ie letter from your GP, scan reports and anything else you can think of.
A letter from you and your husband explaining the reasons why your husband wants to apply for a spouse visa and your intention to live together as husband and wife if he returns to the UK.
Letter from your employer confirming dates of your employment incl your contract of employment. It may also help to get a personal reference from your manager.

It depends entirely on you and your husband situation. Did you have an Islamic marriage here in the UK or a register marriage? If you had an Islamic marriage, it will not be valid since he is living here illegally. You may be asked to go to Pakistan with him and repeat the Nikah there providing evi of your marriage. However, given that you have been living together for so long, your marriage might be accepted here and you may be allowed to apply for his visa from this country . If they do ask you to return to Pakistan, don't be afraid!!! I have been to Pakistan with my husband. I only stayed there for 1 week and it was fine. Make sure that you have your injections before you go and drink plently of bottled water there. If you are worried, just stay in a hotel in Islamabad. They have many British hotels there, and some of them are really nice!! You can stay in a luxury 5 star hotel and the price per night is reasonable! I can't wait to go back and visit my husband again and I could do with a holiday!!

Just to answer some of the questions in your last message:

1. Yes you are allowed to sponsor your husband even if you are working part time. I know one couple, she was sponsoring her husband and was only working 15 per week. Her husband got his visa!
Just be aware though that they will want to know if you can support your husband while he is living in the UK. So you will have provide evi stating this. Also, as I mentioned earlier, try to get a letter from the council as many people have done stating that you have permisson from them allowing your husband to stay with you.
2. A savings account is not vital, but it can help your husbands case. The main thing is that you are working and not receiving benefits. If you provide your last 6months bank statements then this should be sufficent.

Seek as much professional advice as possible. Explore the different options available to you and take advice on how to go about putting your case together.

Good luck Laura!

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Wed Nov 29, 2006 11:16 pm

I am english 34 year old I am with my husband last three and half years and we have a baby together.
How old is the child? There might be a concession that applies, but do accept that even if the concession might apply, it is a long process before any visa might be forthcoming.

Applying from his country would be quicker. This Board has quite a few messages about those who have returned to their country, and later returned with a nice shiny new visa! For an example click here.
John

google
Newly Registered

Post by google » Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:41 pm

The baby is nearly 2 years old

antontony

Post by antontony » Sun Dec 03, 2006 12:20 am

P.S.

2 years married in the UK with the non-UK party with no visa --- that concession is called DP3/96 and is not actually working. Also, it takes years to get such an application approved, and the success is not guaranteed.

What I mean is that if your husband prepares all the documents according to the related immigration rules he should be given a spouse visa. If there is a problem with the application and it is refused he can lodge an appeal which takes much less time (4-9 months) than the above mentioned DP3/96 application.

Bottom line. It is easier and fater to go the under the rules route rather then the concession/out-of-rules applications.

Regards,

Anton

google
Newly Registered

Post by google » Mon Dec 04, 2006 2:43 am

But the problem is that he is illegal here and his asylum refused aswel and he is working illegaly
Will ECO ask him there if he had worked and applied asylum and whats his answer should be.
Can anybody give me advice on that please
thanks laura