ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for tier 2 dependent visa

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

orthodoc
India

Applying for tier 2 dependent visa

Post by orthodoc » Fri May 11, 2012 7:45 am

I will be applying for a tier 2G visa, and I also have to apply for tier 2 dependent visa for my wife and kid. They will be joining me after 3 months. So what is advisable with regards to their application for tier 2 dependent? Do I apply simultaneously with my application or later when they are actually planning to join me.
My assumption is if I apply simultaneously, the documentation would be much easier. As for the funds, I can show sufficient funds to support them, through my indian bank account.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri May 11, 2012 12:36 pm

Assuming this refers to an entry clearance application, do remember that if you all apply together and if for some reason you are not granted leave then the dependant application(s) will be refused and you'll lose the application fees.

That's the only drawback that I can think of.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

orthodoc
India

Post by orthodoc » Fri May 11, 2012 12:50 pm

sushdmehta wrote:Assuming this refers to an entry clearance application, do remember that if you all apply together and if for some reason you are not granted leave then the dependant application(s) will be refused and you'll lose the application fees.

That's the only drawback that I can think of.
Thanks for the response. Yes its for the entry clearance application. And considering the amount that i will be paying for the application fees I should seriously reconsider it.
And do you think there are significant advantages of applying together. Like much less & easier documentation.