ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 deferred application

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dave123
Newly Registered

Tier 1 deferred application

Post by dave123 » Fri May 11, 2012 4:18 pm

Hi there,

I'm new to this forum, so apologies in advance if i'm contravening any rules.

1. My visa is due to renewal on the 07th July. From what i understand, i can apply my (main applicant) first and seperately say next day for my dependent the day after. Please confirm this is right.

2. I have got two kids - not born in the UK. Can i wait to get my extension first and then apply for the kids extension. Just in case...however that would mean they would have been staying illegally from the date of expiry of their visa and until their application is sent.

Thanks to comment/clarify.

silent_warrior
Member of Standing

Re: Tier 1 deferred application

Post by silent_warrior » Fri May 11, 2012 5:51 pm

Hello dave123, replies in dark blue
dave123 wrote:Hi there,

I'm new to this forum, so apologies in advance if i'm contravening any rules.

1. My visa is due to renewal on the 07th July. From what i understand, i can apply my (main applicant) first and seperately say next day for my dependent the day after. Please confirm this is right.
if you apply for dependent seperately, you would be entering your current visa expiry date, as the dependents visa dates would depend on your current visa dates.Which may create a problem. There is an applicant on this forum who has applied seperately for his dependent. Though this individual's application was successful, his dependent application is still pending. You might want to keep following this thread http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=101517.
2. I have got two kids - not born in the UK. Can i wait to get my extension first and then apply for the kids extension. Just in case...however that would mean they would have been staying illegally from the date of expiry of their visa and until their application is sent.
Simple answer NO. You can only apply for extension before their visa expiry else they would be violating Immigration Rules, which may affect your visa and any further applications by your dependentsThanks to comment/clarify.

dave123
Newly Registered

Post by dave123 » Fri May 11, 2012 6:02 pm

Thanks Silent_warrior,

I'll be applying around mid June and just a day later for my wife and kids then.

Still couple of bucks saved.

also i just noticed that the maintenance fund level has changed so planning to beat the 14th June deadline.

Thanks again for your uick and prompt reply.