ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 (PSW) processing times

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

breakingaway
Newly Registered

Post by breakingaway » Fri May 11, 2012 9:43 am

I would hope that people would keep a copy of their visa and passport in their personal records for safe keeping before sending their one and only passport off into the mail.

I have been working since March 1 and thank goodness for that considering the wait for this visa!

My timeline:
Application sent: Jan 25th
Application acknowledgement letter received Feb 10 (Dated feb 6)
Biometrics enrollment letter dated March 10 received on March 13
Biometrics enrolled March 16 at Oxford St. Aldate's Post office.
Nothing else has been received.

I empathize with all of you.
Keep the faith!

kartik_r
BANNED

Post by kartik_r » Fri May 11, 2012 12:06 pm

oxb1988 wrote:
kartik_r wrote:
oxb1988 wrote:Hi everyone!!!
So my cituation is:
I have sent docs on 28th February
Then Have submitted biometric on 27th March

Since then obviously there is a silence from them :( I really wanted to book a holiday to see my boyfriend, on the 1st of June... Do you think I might get docs by this date?? Or I better not to risk with buying a tickets?? I was hoping to receive docs within 2 months of sending them...but then I saw this forum today and got really upset :( why are they taking so long? :(
Which one would you prefer. Enjoyment with boy-friend or making career and recovering the debts back.

Ball is in your Court. If you see my time line, its even more pathetic, i am waiting for more than 3 months. Applied on Feb 10th 2012, got the bio-metric on 23rd April 2012 and registered the finger impressions the same day at post office.

I could see from recent updates that they're considering application for which they received bio metric registrations on or before 23 rd Mar 2012.
Hopefully, either of the 1st 2 weeks of next month as my assumption for your case.

UKba dont really give a talk to about the Date of Application as per my understanding and knowledge (experience). Even though, they despatch bio metric after 74 days from date of application , they only consider the bio metric registration date and open the CASE file.

If they would have given the bio metric letter to me in 28 days of application date ( say 1st -10th Mar 2012) by this time i would have got the visa and get my things fall in place one after the other.. Every one are having hard times ( i have so many problems because of immigration, Cant do any thing .. THIS IS NOT OUR COUNTRY and after all we'll are migrants as per their eyes...

If you want the need of boy-friend very urgently :-) on understanding to feelings for him , book the flights and apply for return of docs online. The Visa will be rejected immediately and docs will be sent back no longer than 10 working days ( In fact, this is what the UKba is looking for.. they want as many people to pull out them selves, that is why the drag till people get messed up with finance and take a decision, and they'll be happy to reject visa and you'll feel for the Visa fir kife time, if you really think Visa is important than boy friends company. If you think other way around, then its entirely upto you to make a choice..

Kartik
Well I'm not talking about withdrawing my application just because I want to see my boyfriend, I am just asking is there a chance of getting docs before 1st of june? if not then I'll just have to wait that's it.. I'm not stupit to withdraw everything after I've waited for 2,5 months! How do u know they are looking at biometric received on 23rd? on their website it says: We are currently considering applications where the applicant attended a biometric appointment on or before 12 March. and its been like this for 3 weeks now!! how can they look at 12th of march for 3 weeks?? :(
They dont update the website and they're the worst immigration in the world i would say. Irritating b*a*s*t*a*r*d*s - a simple word to denote them.

Anyways, i got to know that they're currently dealing with applications for which bio-metric impressions received on or before 19th Mar 2012 because i could see a lot of people who gave bi-mterics that time have been served by UKba ( through their blogs and posts, in different topics)

P.S - Go through all posts and you'll know by reading in their cover stories.

Boy friend is not essential in life, visa will decide your next few years in fact the work exp you get for next 2 yrs will speak strongly on your cv even if you look for opportunities abroad after your PSW expiry (2014)

If not this boy frined, you'll get a better boy friend ( i will pray for you to get one better). Leave him and think about your parents sacrifse for you aned your career.

Kartik

shribalaji

Post by shribalaji » Fri May 11, 2012 12:41 pm

kartik_r wrote:
oxb1988 wrote:
kartik_r wrote:
oxb1988 wrote:Hi everyone!!!
So my cituation is:
I have sent docs on 28th February
Then Have submitted biometric on 27th March

Since then obviously there is a silence from them :( I really wanted to book a holiday to see my boyfriend, on the 1st of June... Do you think I might get docs by this date?? Or I better not to risk with buying a tickets?? I was hoping to receive docs within 2 months of sending them...but then I saw this forum today and got really upset :( why are they taking so long? :(
Which one would you prefer. Enjoyment with boy-friend or making career and recovering the debts back.

Ball is in your Court. If you see my time line, its even more pathetic, i am waiting for more than 3 months. Applied on Feb 10th 2012, got the bio-metric on 23rd April 2012 and registered the finger impressions the same day at post office.

I could see from recent updates that they're considering application for which they received bio metric registrations on or before 23 rd Mar 2012.
Hopefully, either of the 1st 2 weeks of next month as my assumption for your case.

UKba dont really give a talk to about the Date of Application as per my understanding and knowledge (experience). Even though, they despatch bio metric after 74 days from date of application , they only consider the bio metric registration date and open the CASE file.

If they would have given the bio metric letter to me in 28 days of application date ( say 1st -10th Mar 2012) by this time i would have got the visa and get my things fall in place one after the other.. Every one are having hard times ( i have so many problems because of immigration, Cant do any thing .. THIS IS NOT OUR COUNTRY and after all we'll are migrants as per their eyes...

If you want the need of boy-friend very urgently :-) on understanding to feelings for him , book the flights and apply for return of docs online. The Visa will be rejected immediately and docs will be sent back no longer than 10 working days ( In fact, this is what the UKba is looking for.. they want as many people to pull out them selves, that is why the drag till people get messed up with finance and take a decision, and they'll be happy to reject visa and you'll feel for the Visa fir kife time, if you really think Visa is important than boy friends company. If you think other way around, then its entirely upto you to make a choice..

Kartik
Well I'm not talking about withdrawing my application just because I want to see my boyfriend, I am just asking is there a chance of getting docs before 1st of june? if not then I'll just have to wait that's it.. I'm not stupit to withdraw everything after I've waited for 2,5 months! How do u know they are looking at biometric received on 23rd? on their website it says: We are currently considering applications where the applicant attended a biometric appointment on or before 12 March. and its been like this for 3 weeks now!! how can they look at 12th of march for 3 weeks?? :(
They dont update the website and they're the worst immigration in the world i would say. Irritating b*a*s*t*a*r*d*s - a simple word to denote them.

Anyways, i got to know that they're currently dealing with applications for which bio-metric impressions received on or before 19th Mar 2012 because i could see a lot of people who gave bi-mterics that time have been served by UKba ( through their blogs and posts, in different topics)

Boy friend is not essential in life, visa will decide your next few years in fact the work exp you get for next 2 yrs will speak strongly on your cv even if you look for opportunities abroad after your PSW expiry (2014)

If not this boy frined, you'll get a better boy friend ( i will pray for you to get one better). Leave him and think about your parents sacrifse for you aned your career.

Kartik
Dear Karthik,

I insists you to keep your advice to a limit, she is grown up and so we all, therefore we should have known what and how to write in a public forum. So don't interfere In other personal life. Sorry if it is offensive, don't continue this please. Just stick to your business.

kartik_r
BANNED

Post by kartik_r » Fri May 11, 2012 1:05 pm

shribalaji wrote:
kartik_r wrote:
oxb1988 wrote:
kartik_r wrote:

Kartik

Kartik
Dear Karthik,

I insists you to keep your advice to a limit, she is grown up and so we all, therefore we should have known what and how to write in a public forum. So don't interfere In other personal life. Sorry if it is offensive, don't continue this please. Just stick to your business.
Dude,

I know where you're coming. You better STOP top there for your good sake !

Firstly, She should be aware that it's public forum and why's she sharing about her personal problems ( meeting boy friend and stuffs like this...) and why do you feel for her.

What the f*ucki*ng business you've with her ?. You better just f*uc*k off dude...

I could have sent this to your personal in box but later i decided 'No' to it. Let other forum memebrs read this to know people of your sort ( who try to behave smart with a GIRL who already have a BOY FRIEND)

She already have a boy friend and you dont really have a chance. got it. don't try to behave SMART or CLEVER.

shribalaji

Post by shribalaji » Fri May 11, 2012 1:22 pm

breakingaway wrote:I would hope that people would keep a copy of their visa and passport in their personal records for safe keeping before sending their one and only passport off into the mail.

I have been working since March 1 and thank goodness for that considering the wait for this visa!

My timeline:
Application sent: Jan 25th
Application acknowledgement letter received Feb 10 (Dated feb 6)
Biometrics enrollment letter dated March 10 received on March 13
Biometrics enrolled March 16 at Oxford St. Aldate's Post office.
Nothing else has been received.

I empathize with all of you.
Keep the faith!

Off course we all have copy, you don't get the point here. Having copy of visa and passport is different when comes to explain that we can work here after visa expires. Though I'd tried a lot of part time and I couldn't explain these things to them.

I should agree at the same time to be productive and do something instead wasting time. Anyway, in my case I did used this time to apply for more better company in my country.

smuhammad84
Newly Registered

Post by smuhammad84 » Fri May 11, 2012 3:22 pm

I did biometrics on 19th March. Nothing yet received. Pls. show up those in the same situation....

kapil2500
Newly Registered

Post by kapil2500 » Fri May 11, 2012 3:32 pm

I think UKBA has not done any work this week.
Did anyone get their BRP from UKBA this week???

sonu_rtd
Newly Registered

PSW Query

Post by sonu_rtd » Fri May 11, 2012 3:35 pm

My timeline:

26 March,2012: PSW Application sent
27 March,2012: Delivered
11 April,2012: HO deducted my fees (Card)
15 April,2012: Received my acknowledgement letter (Dated:12 April,2012)
27 April,2012: Biometric letter received (Dated:25 April,2012)
27 April,2012 : Biometric Given

After that nothing heard from UKBA.

is anybody as exact same situation like me..??

Ryo
Newly Registered

Post by Ryo » Fri May 11, 2012 3:51 pm

kapil2500 wrote:I think UKBA has not done any work this week.
Did anyone get their BRP from UKBA this week???
They seem have no progress for quite a while but not just this week!
It's not a simple surge in amount of application problem. Really not sure about what had happened~

smuhammad84
Newly Registered

Post by smuhammad84 » Fri May 11, 2012 3:58 pm

That is a good point that you have said just now- as per my observation, the last visas issues were last week on 5th May.... some applicants received their BRP this week, but the fact that they were issued last week remains the same. Thus, we can conclude that immigration officers didn't process lots of applications this week.... Personally me, I submitted my biometrics on 19th March, contacted DX delivery today and have been informed that there is nothing for me yet!!!!

shribalaji

Post by shribalaji » Fri May 11, 2012 4:17 pm

smuhammad84 wrote:That is a good point that you have said just now- as per my observation, the last visas issues were last week on 5th May.... some applicants received their BRP this week, but the fact that they were issued last week remains the same. Thus, we can conclude that immigration officers didn't process lots of applications this week.... Personally me, I submitted my biometrics on 19th March, contacted DX delivery today and have been informed that there is nothing for me yet!!!!
For past four weeks look at their process they cleared applications from 12th march to 19th and yet still some waiting on 19th bio metric.

smuhammad84
Newly Registered

Post by smuhammad84 » Fri May 11, 2012 4:20 pm

shribalaji wrote:
smuhammad84 wrote:That is a good point that you have said just now- as per my observation, the last visas issues were last week on 5th May.... some applicants received their BRP this week, but the fact that they were issued last week remains the same. Thus, we can conclude that immigration officers didn't process lots of applications this week.... Personally me, I submitted my biometrics on 19th March, contacted DX delivery today and have been informed that there is nothing for me yet!!!!
For past four weeks look at their process they cleared applications from 12th march to 19th and yet still some waiting on 19th bio metric.
I am stressed about it too. If you have a look above, there is a guy who submitted on 16th March and nothing... I do not like that negligence from the side of immigration officers....

ummer2000

Post by ummer2000 » Fri May 11, 2012 5:42 pm

smuhammad84 wrote:
shribalaji wrote:
I am stressed about it too. If you have a look above, there is a guy who submitted on 16th March and nothing... I do not like that negligence from the side of immigration officers....
We couldn't predict In any way even. I am stuck In home from three weeks and still no news, terriable. I submitted my application on 3rd of Feb and biometrics on 20th March.

kapil2500
Newly Registered

Post by kapil2500 » Fri May 11, 2012 5:54 pm

UKBA pace of application processing is getting worse day by day.
They were really slow, but at least they were doing some work last week.
But this week,,nothing..absolutely nothing..
I did my biometric on 26 March, and looking at UKBA's current attitude, i am not sure if i will get my BRP even this month.

kashyapgada

MORCHA

Post by kashyapgada » Fri May 11, 2012 7:05 pm

I guess we should take a procession in front of some big Govt office in LONDON PROTESTING against the time taken for Giving VISAs hehe...if that may work!!!

easydoesit
Newly Registered

waiting and waiting

Post by easydoesit » Fri May 11, 2012 7:12 pm

My timeline people

Application Sent: 1st Feb 2012 (Special delivery)
Acknowledgement letter received : 7th Feb 2012
Biometric invitation received: 10th March 2012 (Mistake in letter)
Second Biometric invitation received: 23rd March 2012
Biometrics done:24th March 2012 Camden Post Office

Passport : waiting
BRP : waiting

Considering UKBA did not process any application this week I think I ll only get mine by end of this month. I have already had to refuse 4 jobs and I have less than 150 in my bank. the shameless people that they are they still say their service standards are to decide 75% within 4 weeks, How long has it taken them in my case 15 weeks almost 4 times the time they say. How do you define an efficient government department and a developed country again?

shribalaji

Re: MORCHA

Post by shribalaji » Fri May 11, 2012 7:44 pm

kashyapgada wrote:I guess we should take a procession in front of some big Govt office in LONDON PROTESTING against the time taken for Giving VISAs hehe...if that may work!!!
Seriously guys I'm in... Whatever it is in against UKBA

shribalaji

Re: MORCHA

Post by shribalaji » Fri May 11, 2012 8:51 pm

shribalaji wrote:
kashyapgada wrote:I guess we should take a procession in front of some big Govt office in LONDON PROTESTING against the time taken for Giving VISAs hehe...if that may work!!!
Seriously guys I'm in... Whatever it is in against UKBA
According to recent news Mr.Rob whiteman CEO of UKBA was called on by Committee to answer the questions regarding failure on recent service standards and IT issues on 15th May. I'll post the regarding link soon, the same report says that UKBA service totally distrupted by IT failure last week.

aftabkhan812

Re: PSW Query

Post by aftabkhan812 » Fri May 11, 2012 11:43 pm

sonu_rtd wrote:My timeline:

26 March,2012: PSW Application sent
27 March,2012: Delivered
11 April,2012: HO deducted my fees (Card)
15 April,2012: Received my acknowledgement letter (Dated:12 April,2012)
27 April,2012: Biometric letter received (Dated:25 April,2012)
27 April,2012 : Biometric Given

After that nothing heard from UKBA.

is anybody as exact same situation like me..??

There are people here who have given biometrics way before, as early as 15th March and they haven't heard anything! So chill out.., we have some time to go! Even I gave my biometrics on 14th April and I can roughly calculate that I will get back my docs not before another fortnight at the very least! Nevertheless, you don't know what's to happen, so if you do hear from them, keep us posted here :-)

aftabkhan812

Post by aftabkhan812 » Fri May 11, 2012 11:46 pm

Lol, ironically on the bottom of this Page, British Airways and Lufthansa are posting ads for season tickets! Such is life :-)

Redempless

Post by Redempless » Sat May 12, 2012 1:34 am

My timeline:
Application Made: 4th March,2012
Fee Deducted: 14 March,2012
Acknowledgement: 16 March,2012
Biometric Letter Dated: 28 March,2012
Biometric Enrolled: 31 March,2012

Still Waiting for Documents & BRP

Its now 6 weeks, and still nothing received from HO, Dont know why they taking so long to process simple and straight forward applications?... I know many people, they are in the same situation and everyone is complaining abt this....

Tihod

Post by Tihod » Sat May 12, 2012 10:45 am

Redempless wrote:My timeline:
Application Made: 4th March,2012
Fee Deducted: 14 March,2012
Acknowledgement: 16 March,2012
Biometric Letter Dated: 28 March,2012
Biometric Enrolled: 31 March,2012

Still Waiting for Documents & BRP

Its now 6 weeks, and still nothing received from HO, Dont know why they taking so long to process simple and straight forward applications?... I know many people, they are in the same situation and everyone is complaining abt this....
Dude, I don't wants to discourage you, but I have many fr'ds who have submitted their application as early as 17 feb, they havn't got anything and they are expecting things to happen by this month end or so. I think with the current pace of work of UKBA your turn will come around July mid or so.

mousamhere
Newly Registered

Oops!!!

Post by mousamhere » Sat May 12, 2012 11:29 am

Guys this is the development of hell..
Application sent 18 feb
received 22 feb
fee deducted 24 feb
ac received 2nd march
biometric invitation 24 march received dated 21 march
biometric done 26 march (kingstanding Birmingham)
Since then noting nothing absolutely noting

pls do anyone can guess when I will get rid of from this hell

thanks

:?: :?: :?: :?:

Tihod

Re: Oops!!!

Post by Tihod » Sat May 12, 2012 11:37 am

mousamhere wrote:Guys this is the development of hell..
Application sent 18 feb
received 22 feb
fee deducted 24 feb
ac received 2nd march

thanks

Hopefully after 15 may till may end

ummer2000

Re: Oops!!!

Post by ummer2000 » Sat May 12, 2012 11:39 am

mousamhere wrote:Guys this is the development of hell..
Application sent 18 feb
received 22 feb
fee deducted 24 feb
ac received 2nd march

thanks

Mate we are In paradise, how can we know the management of hell :(
As i have done on 20thand nothing yet.
Last edited by ummer2000 on Sat May 12, 2012 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.