ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for HSMP, help needed !

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ahsanrz
Newly Registered

Applying for HSMP, help needed !

Post by ahsanrz » Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:29 pm

Dear Members,

Well i am about to file my application for HSMP according to new Rules but i got some reservations, and i hope many experience people will have some answer and suggestions for my queries.

First of All, i would like to ask some basic questions.

1) Regarding Education --> I did my MSc from University of London, 1 year ago, so i hope i will get my MSc points, my question is that still i need to apply for NARIC.

2) Second i have been working here in Pakistan as a Radio Frequency Consultant , for an UK Based company , who provides RF Consultancy to Mobile Network Operators, my question is regarding the pay, i get my salary in dollars and transfered through intersite bank transactions to third party who pay us the salary monthy in our bank account. For the the last one year i been receiving salary this way without any tax deduction. The only thing i get is a computerised email receipt from my Company, my query is how should i give proof of my salary, should i print out my salary receipt and get it signed and stamped by my authority, also i would give my bank statement.

3) I did my MS in from UK and also did my Bachelors in English medium, and also gave TOEFL, wht should i submit for my proof of English Language, do i have to give IELTS.

Sorry for the long descriptive email, i hope i can get some expert adivce on the queries.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards

Ahsan !

hsmp.applicant2007

Post by hsmp.applicant2007 » Fri Dec 01, 2006 6:24 am

In regards to your queries...this is what my understanding of the rules are...

1. You don't need a verification by NARIC if your degree is from a UK institution. The whole point of NARIC verification is to make sure that the degree is equivalent to UK standards. So you do not have to get your Masters verified.

2. In terms of your salary slips, I think it is best for you to get your salary slips stamped and signed. It might also help you to get a letter detailing the salary paid out to you in last 12 months as an additional evidence since you may not submit a IT return.

3. I'm not quite sure on this one, however, I remember having read somewhere that valid TOEFL scores are acceptable in place of IELTS. You must check on this one though.

arm
Member of Standing

Post by arm » Fri Dec 01, 2006 7:01 am

As far as I know they will check your TOEFL score whith NARIC to be sure that your TOEFL score correspond to IELTS 6 band

But TOEFL doesnt have spoken test so they may require spoken test with TOEFL.

malou
Newly Registered

Post by malou » Sun Dec 03, 2006 12:01 am

Hi,
regarding the TOEFL, here is the answer I got from the Home Office :

-------------------------
Dear Applicant

Thank you for your email. We only accpet IELTS or a Bachelors degree with proof that it was taught in English.

Regards

hsmp team

----------------------