ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 (PSW) processing times

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shribalaji

Re: Oops!!!

Post by shribalaji » Sat May 12, 2012 11:48 am

mousamhere wrote:Guys this is the development of hell..
Application sent 18 feb
received 22 feb
fee deducted 24 feb
ac received 2nd march
biometric invitation 24 march received dated 21 march
biometric done 26 march (kingstanding Birmingham)
Since then noting nothing absolutely noting

pls do anyone can guess when I will get rid of from this hell

thanks

Dude, there is no hope I can cheer up you by telling that you are not alone. You got same time line as like as mine.

:?: :?: :?: :?:

aftabkhan812

Post by aftabkhan812 » Sat May 12, 2012 12:58 pm

Tihod wrote:
Redempless wrote:My timeline:
Application Made: 4th March,2012
Fee Deducted: 14 March,2012
Acknowledgement: 16 March,2012
Biometric Letter Dated: 28 March,2012
Biometric Enrolled: 31 March,2012

Still Waiting for Documents & BRP

Its now 6 weeks, and still nothing received from HO, Dont know why they taking so long to process simple and straight forward applications?... I know many people, they are in the same situation and everyone is complaining abt this....
Dude, I don't wants to discourage you, but I have many fr'ds who have submitted their application as early as 17 feb, they havn't got anything and they are expecting things to happen by this month end or so. I think with the current pace of work of UKBA your turn will come around July mid or so.
Personally I dont think it will take that long also. Given that people who submitted biometrics on 23rd March are receiving their docs + brp now, you still have the whole of June left ahead you. As for the others who have submitted way before, we really have no clue what the trend is or what is actually going on in the background, so none of us is really in a position to say how early or late we are getting it! All we can do is wait patiently and hope for the best!

Tihod

Post by Tihod » Sat May 12, 2012 1:10 pm

aftabkhan812 wrote:
Tihod wrote:

Its now 6 weeks, and still nothing received from HO, Dont know why they taking so long to process simple and straight forward applications?... I know many people, they are in the same situation and everyone is complaining abt this....
Dude, I don't wants to discourage you, but I have many fr'ds who have submitted their application as early as 17 feb, they havn't got anything and they are expecting things to happen by this month end or so. I think with the current pace of work of UKBA your turn will come around July mid or so.
Personally I dont think it will take that long also. Given that people who submitted biometrics on 23rd March are receiving their docs + brp now, you still have the whole of June left ahead you. As for the others who have submitted way before, we really have no clue what the trend is or what is actually going on in the background, so none of us is really in a position to say how early or late we are getting it! All we can do is wait patiently and hope for the best!

Did anyone in this forum who have done biometrics around 23 march received any BRP or documents, I think no, they sre still dealing with application who had done biometrics on 16 march and few 19 march ones. This by means, it will take atleast this coming week or a week more to start sending 23 march ones, then month finishes, its a very slow process, if u will read recent last 15 msg, u will find there are persons who submitted applications in first week of feb also, they are also sitting empty without receiving anything.

Redempless

Post by Redempless » Sat May 12, 2012 2:20 pm

Tihod wrote:
aftabkhan812 wrote:
Tihod wrote:

Did anyone in this forum who have done biometrics around 23 march received any BRP or documents, I think no, they sre still dealing with application who had done biometrics on 16 march and few 19 march ones. This by means, it will take atleast this coming week or a week more to start sending 23 march ones, then month finishes, its a very slow process, if u will read recent last 15 msg, u will find there are persons who submitted applications in first week of feb also, they are also sitting empty without receiving anything.
The actual time starts when you submit your biometric, count the time after submitting your biometric, because their procedure is to work on the application after applicant enrol biometric....

aftabkhan812

Post by aftabkhan812 » Sat May 12, 2012 3:06 pm

Tihod wrote:
aftabkhan812 wrote:
Tihod wrote:

Im sorry but did I ever refer to only the people on the forum ? Are the members of this forum the only ones who have applied for the PSW ? - I think not ! :D I know at least 2 people who gave their biometrics between 19-23 march and have recieved their documents back with the BRP still on the way, so there you go ! You dont have to believe me if you dont want to, but that's the case! Bottomline being my friend, your application case is unique to you, making rough calculations of the timeframe is fine, but basing your case on someone else's is unrealistic!

kartik_r
BANNED

Post by kartik_r » Sat May 12, 2012 3:57 pm

Redempless wrote:
Tihod wrote:
aftabkhan812 wrote:
Tihod wrote:

The actual time starts when you submit your biometric, count the time after submitting your biometric, because their procedure is to work on the application after applicant enrol biometric....

dude, then what about the 74 days for receiving the bio-metric letter form date of application.... will they not take those delay into consideration and serve people like me who made application by 10th feb 2012. they sent bio metric on 23rd apr 2012 and i gave it on the same day..

nothing heared from them as of now..

bastards ...

kashyapgada

///

Post by kashyapgada » Sat May 12, 2012 4:06 pm

i strongly feel we should take out a protest at their head office in london

kartik_r
BANNED

Re: ///

Post by kartik_r » Sat May 12, 2012 4:14 pm

kashyapgada wrote:i strongly feel we should take out a protest at their head office in london
even if you do that, they'll not really give a f*uck about you or the campaign mate.

kartik_r
BANNED

Re: ///

Post by kartik_r » Sat May 12, 2012 4:27 pm

kartik_r wrote:
kashyapgada wrote:i strongly feel we should take out a protest at their head office in london
even if you do that, they'll not really give a f*uck about you or the campaign mate.
The justice is they've to serve people who've made application early. Its thier mistake to send bio metric after 74 days of date of application, the website says its 28 days form date of application.

Why the hell they give priority to fu*cking bio-metric registration date.?

aftabkhan812

Post by aftabkhan812 » Sat May 12, 2012 5:02 pm

All your frustration is perfectly justified, I'm in the same boat as well! But look at it this way - a depressing situation has been thrown at you, what are you going to do about it - sit and cry/whine or just let it take its own course and hope for the best ?! Realistically, there's nothing much you can do about it mate, calls have been made to UKBA, but they wont respond! So the next best alternative is just wait patiently and see what works out in the time to come! Be positive, you've waited long enough, you never know, it just might be round the corner! :D

kapil2500
Newly Registered

Post by kapil2500 » Sat May 12, 2012 5:04 pm

I wonder if anyone monitors UKBA work and progress..
Are these people answerable to anyone,, like a committee or something about their standard of work??

kartik_r
BANNED

Post by kartik_r » Sat May 12, 2012 5:16 pm

aftabkhan812 wrote:All your frustration is perfectly justified, I'm in the same boat as well! But look at it this way - a depressing situation has been thrown at you, what are you going to do about it - sit and cry/whine or just let it take its own course and hope for the best ?! Realistically, there's nothing much you can do about it mate, calls have been made to UKBA, but they wont respond! So the next best alternative is just wait patiently and see what works out in the time to come! Be positive, you've waited long enough, you never know, it just might be round the corner! :D
Thanks for your words dude,

but, i just heared that they're dealing with applications for which they received finger print impressions on or before 19th Mar 2012.

I know quiete a few people ( who studied different courses) who applied psw extension and sat for re-sit , got cleared then filed psw and got it as well.

F*uck sake, dude to maintanence of funds ( having spent loads of money on MBA) i had to wait until feb 10th despite, i got cleared right away with Merit by Sept, however, the certificates were received only in dec 1st week. I f i had 90 days of balance i would have filed in right away..

I lost few good offers within investment banking space ( In recession, its a god gift... i missed out. they're really taking a p*iss out of every people life)

redpepper140
Newly Registered

Post delay

Post by redpepper140 » Sat May 12, 2012 10:57 pm

There was post by someone days ago that ukba sends their post out on Monday and Thursday each week. If that is any true, that means they have not done so this week as Monday was bank holiday and Thursday they were on strike to support civil pension.

I would also like to request each one of you to please refer people you know who were or are waiting for their documents to update their timeline.
It helps one and another to some extend.

Nothing different will happen to god's will.
So let's all pray to him, to some how miraculously clear the PSW backlog asap.
Last edited by redpepper140 on Sun May 13, 2012 3:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sat May 12, 2012 11:00 pm

They do not only post on two days of the week. If this were the case then solicitors would not be receiving post from the ukba everyday.

nic_y
Newly Registered

Post by nic_y » Sun May 13, 2012 3:39 am

My timeline

Application Sent: 25th March 2012
Acknowledgement letter received : 5th April 2012
Biometric invitation received: 24th April 2012 (Dated:21st April 2012)
Biometrics done:24th April 2012 (Southwark P.O.)

As I know if I want to get back my passport I have to withdraw from the application, does anyone know how to do it? And how long it takes to get back my passport?

Many thanks in advance

kashyapgada

Post by kashyapgada » Sun May 13, 2012 11:48 am

nic_y wrote:My timeline

Application Sent: 25th March 2012
Acknowledgement letter received : 5th April 2012
Biometric invitation received: 24th April 2012 (Dated:21st April 2012)
Biometrics done:24th April 2012 (Southwark P.O.)

As I know if I want to get back my passport I have to withdraw from the application, does anyone know how to do it? And how long it takes to get back my passport?

Many thanks in advance
On their website they say 15 days but i donot know the procedure...

moirareggie

Post by moirareggie » Sun May 13, 2012 3:12 pm

shribalaji wrote:
breakingaway wrote:I would hope that people would keep a copy of their visa and passport in their personal records for safe keeping before sending their one and only passport off into the mail.

I have been working since March 1 and thank goodness for that considering the wait for this visa!

My timeline:
Application sent: Jan 25th
Application acknowledgement letter received Feb 10 (Dated feb 6)
Biometrics enrollment letter dated March 10 received on March 13
Biometrics enrolled March 16 at Oxford St. Aldate's Post office.
Nothing else has been received.

I empathize with all of you.
Keep the faith!

Off course we all have copy, you don't get the point here. Having copy of visa and passport is different when comes to explain that we can work here after visa expires. Though I'd tried a lot of part time and I couldn't explain these things to them.

I should agree at the same time to be productive and do something instead wasting time. Anyway, in my case I did used this time to apply for more better company in my country.
You should refer them to ukba documentation on the ukba website.

moirareggie

Re: PSW Query

Post by moirareggie » Sun May 13, 2012 3:14 pm

sonu_rtd wrote:My timeline:

26 March,2012: PSW Application sent
27 March,2012: Delivered
11 April,2012: HO deducted my fees (Card)
15 April,2012: Received my acknowledgement letter (Dated:12 April,2012)
27 April,2012: Biometric letter received (Dated:25 April,2012)
27 April,2012 : Biometric Given

After that nothing heard from UKBA.

is anybody as exact same situation like me..??

realistically, you get your docs and BRP 4-6 weeks AFTER submitting BRP, so you should expect to hear from them from 27 May onwards.

moirareggie

Post by moirareggie » Sun May 13, 2012 3:18 pm

Tihod wrote:
aftabkhan812 wrote:
Tihod wrote:

I submitted mine on the 23rd of March and got my docs and BRP 2 weeks ago, however, my biometrics invitation letter was dated 10th March, that may have made the difference.

kartik_r
BANNED

Re: PSW Query

Post by kartik_r » Sun May 13, 2012 3:29 pm

moirareggie wrote:
sonu_rtd wrote:My timeline:

26 March,2012: PSW Application sent
27 March,2012: Delivered
11 April,2012: HO deducted my fees (Card)
15 April,2012: Received my acknowledgement letter (Dated:12 April,2012)
27 April,2012: Biometric letter received (Dated:25 April,2012)
27 April,2012 : Biometric Given

After that nothing heard from UKBA.

is anybody as exact same situation like me..??

realistically, you get your docs and BRP 4-6 weeks AFTER submitting BRP, so you should expect to hear from them from 27 May onwards.

dude, my date of application : 01th feb 2012, acknowledgement dt 14th feb 2012 and received on 17th feb 2012... bio-metric dt 18th apr 2012 and received on 23rd apr 2012 and registered the finger impressions the same day...

#so, your CASE is lot better than my case. you should be lucky. but, may i ask you as why did you apply so late.. by Mar ?

Fustratedapplicant
Newly Registered

Psw

Post by Fustratedapplicant » Sun May 13, 2012 4:11 pm

Please can anyone tell if what BMP is being issued now. I have given my biometrics on the 22nd of march and I haven't heard anything. Please help

Tihod

Re: Psw

Post by Tihod » Sun May 13, 2012 4:16 pm

Fustratedapplicant wrote:Please can anyone tell if what BMP is being issued now. I have given my biometrics on the 22nd of march and I haven't heard anything. Please help
Hopefully this week is ours, Me too on the same boat like you. I Also submitted my biometrics on 23rd march along with 2 other fr'ds of my same university. none of us have received anything yet, neither BRP nor documents. although I have also sended them a prepaid special delivery envelope along with my other documents in order to receive my documents the next day, when they mail me. so hoping to get documents more fastly than BRP

Fustratedapplicant
Newly Registered

Post by Fustratedapplicant » Sun May 13, 2012 4:18 pm

Tihod wrote:
Fustratedapplicant wrote:Please can anyone tell if what BMP is being issued now. I have given my biometrics on the 22nd of march and I haven't heard anything. Please help
Hopefully this week is ours, Me too on the same boat like you. I Also submitted my biometrics on 23rd march along with 2 other fr'ds of my same university. none of us have received anything yet, neither BRP nor documents. although I have also sended them a prepaid special delivery envelope along with my other documents in order to receive my documents the next day, when they mail me. so hoping to get documents more fastly than BRP

It's just sad. I have been waiting for like forever

Tihod

Post by Tihod » Sun May 13, 2012 4:22 pm

Fustratedapplicant wrote:
Tihod wrote:

It's just sad. I have been waiting for like forever
It's the case of almost all applicants, but don't worry, we will overcome this waitness with our patience. The result is not very far now. We are almost near to get it. Have some more patience.

Redempless

Post by Redempless » Sun May 13, 2012 4:35 pm

My timeline:

Hopefully next week they will start processing the application, from 23march onwards....
hoping for the best. :D