ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

biometric invitation letter not received

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

YasserBUkhari
Newly Registered

Post by YasserBUkhari » Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:03 pm

@jen101

Firstly, if u sent ur application before 16/01/12, u must call them now & if u sent ur application around 20/01/12, u should wait by the end of this week.

Secondly, If u want to call them, 08706067766 is the no. Just follow the instructions then press 4 which is general enquire & then press 1 which is specially for bio-metric letter. You will have to wait for 10-15 mins but someone will definitely answer. Try to call them around 3 PM.

Lastly, I'll recommend you to call from BT landline because 08--------- no is free of charge, So u can hang in there. If u want to call from ur mobile, u may be paying some additional charges!!

Good Luck!!

ardeshir
Newly Registered

13th of Jan sent no bio-metric yet!

Post by ardeshir » Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:27 pm

Applied by post 13Jan. Received Ack. letter dated 24th Jan. Since then I'm literally calling them every day checking my Ack. letter Ref. no on their system to check whether or not my applicaiotn is in process. Based on their words and my calculations, it should not take more than 20 working days after the date of the receipt of my acknowledgement letter (24Jan) for them to process the app and issue the Bio letter. My employer needs to confirm that I have an application in process (Ack. letter doesn't count!). I just don't know what else I can do. Any ideas?

mehak63
Newly Registered

Re: 13th of Jan sent no bio-metric yet!

Post by mehak63 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:58 pm

ardeshir wrote:Applied by post 13Jan. Received Ack. letter dated 24th Jan. Since then I'm literally calling them every day checking my Ack. letter Ref. no on their system to check whether or not my applicaiotn is in process. Based on their words and my calculations, it should not take more than 20 working days after the date of the receipt of my acknowledgement letter (24Jan) for them to process the app and issue the Bio letter. My employer needs to confirm that I have an application in process (Ack. letter doesn't count!). I just don't know what else I can do. Any ideas?
My ack letter was dated 19th jan , n my bio metric letter has come yest dated issued on 18st feb...prob wait as ur letter was on 24th ,i.e later than mine.

jim23
Newly Registered

Visa approved

Post by jim23 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:52 am

I got my passport on 22 Feb 2012 & BRP card on 23 Feb
(applied on 5/1/12, & BRP given on 9/2/12).

Best luck to others.

mehak63
Newly Registered

Re: Visa approved

Post by mehak63 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:45 pm

jim23 wrote:I got my passport on 22 Feb 2012 & BRP card on 23 Feb

Best luck to others.
Oh thats great, coz on ukba website they say they r processing applications with bio metric before 7, either their website is not updated !!

qayuum2012
Newly Registered

Post by qayuum2012 » Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:53 pm

mehak63 wrote:

Best luck to others.
Oh thats great, coz on ukba website they say they r processing applications with bio metric before 7, either their website is not updated !!
what do u mean by before 7? after 7 going to any changes.
pls reply

mehak63
Newly Registered

Post by mehak63 » Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:23 pm

qayuum2012 wrote:
mehak63 wrote:

Best luck to others.
what do u mean by before 7? after 7 going to any changes.
pls reply
oh no, if u see this link they say which applications are they processing depending on biometric date , http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... tingtimes/

N He got his done even though he gave biometric on 9th,

jjavaid
Newly Registered

PSW Visa Application

Post by jjavaid » Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:11 am

Hi - I applied on the 18th of Jan and received my acknowledgement letter, dated the 23rd of Jan .. Since then I haven't received a Biometrics Letter .. A few of my classmates who applied around the same time as I did .. Give or a take a day are in the same situation .. This is kinda worrying me now ..

Could someone please advise on a course of action?

A friend of mine applied on the 5th of Jan .. Received Biometrics invite on the 13th of Feb .. Gave them on the 14th of Feb and received her visa on the 23rd of Feb .. Should I just wait or call them up?

mehak63
Newly Registered

Re: PSW Visa Application

Post by mehak63 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:16 pm

jjavaid wrote:Hi - I applied on the 18th of Jan and received my acknowledgement letter, dated the 23rd of Jan .. Since then I haven't received a Biometrics Letter .. A few of my classmates who applied around the same time as I did .. Give or a take a day are in the same situation .. This is kinda worrying me now ..

Could someone please advise on a course of action?

A friend of mine applied on the 5th of Jan .. Received Biometrics invite on the 13th of Feb .. Gave them on the 14th of Feb and received her visa on the 23rd of Feb .. Should I just wait or call them up?

I gave my biometric on 24feb and recieved my passport n BRP card on 7th march, good luck with ur guys

arvind88
Newly Registered

Post by arvind88 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:32 am

applied on 05th march, recd the ack letter on 12th march, called the ukba on 11th april for which they said a query is raised and i should receive it this week bt still havent received... am a bit worried ... what should i do now??

moirareggie

Post by moirareggie » Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:01 pm

arvind88 wrote:applied on 05th march, recd the ack letter on 12th march, called the ukba on 11th april for which they said a query is raised and i should receive it this week bt still havent received... am a bit worried ... what should i do now??
took much longer for people who applied before you, i'd say hang in there.

arvind88
Newly Registered

Post by arvind88 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:35 am

its just that my frd who applied on the same day with me , has recd the bio invitation and i still havent...

arvind88
Newly Registered

Post by arvind88 » Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:37 pm

finally recd my letter today.. !

casablanca
Newly Registered

bio-metric not received

Post by casablanca » Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:33 pm

hi, i applied on mar and did received acknowledgement letter but no brp letter up till now. i called on 0870 number and woman told me your application is not in system . u will get brp invitation letter when your application will be in system. what does it mean? how long it takes for an application to get in system? can any one plz help.

my application was set m and i posted on 7th march.

moirareggie

Post by moirareggie » Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:55 pm

arvind88 wrote:finally recd my letter today.. !
see? you can't base your timeline on everyone else's, it's just a guide

ahmed84
Newly Registered

Post by ahmed84 » Fri May 11, 2012 10:30 pm

hi, i have applied on 31st march,fees deducted on 21st april and acknowledgement letter was received on 24th april. but still no news about BRP invitation letter.
i would like to know did anyone received BRP invitation letter who have applied end of march.
thank you.

dreamfriend

Post by dreamfriend » Sun May 13, 2012 1:55 am

I applied on 12 of march and UKBA received it on 13 and Acknowledgement letter was received on 22 march, but no biometric invitation letter yet. :(

aftabkhan812

Post by aftabkhan812 » Sun May 13, 2012 10:51 pm

dreamfriend wrote:I applied on 12 of march and UKBA received it on 13 and Acknowledgement letter was received on 22 march, but no biometric invitation letter yet. :(
If its beyond a month, you can call them up and inquire !

Shreyasx01

Post by Shreyasx01 » Fri May 18, 2012 6:49 am

Hi ahmed84,

Have you received the biometric invitation letter? I also applied at the end of March but I'm still waiting for the letter. Is anyone else in the same situation?

ahmed84
Newly Registered

Post by ahmed84 » Fri May 18, 2012 11:05 am

Shreyasx01 wrote:Hi ahmed84,

Have you received the biometric invitation letter? I also applied at the end of March but I'm still waiting for the letter. Is anyone else in the same situation?
Hi mate,nope,nothing yet.........let me know if you get anything,i have tried to ring ukba yesterday,no answer........

Shreyasx01

Post by Shreyasx01 » Sun May 20, 2012 2:05 pm

ahmed84 wrote: Hi mate,nope,nothing yet.........let me know if you get anything,i have tried to ring ukba yesterday,no answer........
My friend who sent his application on the 28th of March received the biometric letter last thrusday, so I'm hoping I get mine next week. I had sent my application on the 31st of March. :)

kartik_r
BANNED

Post by kartik_r » Mon May 21, 2012 9:53 am

Shreyasx01 wrote:
ahmed84 wrote: Hi mate,nope,nothing yet.........let me know if you get anything,i have tried to ring ukba yesterday,no answer........
My friend who sent his application on the 28th of March received the biometric letter last thrusday, so I'm hoping I get mine next week. I had sent my application on the 31st of March. :)
@ Shreya,

I symphatize for you. Don't leave it keep following up. Remember, the more the bio metric is delayed the more the problem for you to keep waiting for a decision on the outstanding application. The application file will be considered by the case worker on considering the bio metric registration dates only ( will be queued in to their system) and not Date of application.

As per rule, they've to dispatch bio-metric letter or should be able to generate bio metric letter from thier system after the Visa payment is cleared. That is 28 working days from the date of Visa payment clearence. However, they're s*uckers and they never go by rules, so call up the number and file a complaint and they'll provide you with a SLA period that within 10 working days from the date of your complaint , the letter will be despatched .

I waited 2 months to receive bio metric and un fortunately due to that delay my application is queued into their system after plp who applied in last minute (mar 20 to Apr 5) because my bio metric is 24th apr 2012 and my date of application is 10th feb 2012.

I tried calling them from Mar 1st week of bio metric , howver could not get any good responses and i registered the complaint on phone by apr 5th and bio metreic letter was generated on 18th apr 2012 ( which is exactly 10th working day , as per SLA) . The post man delayed it and i received it only on 23rd apr 2012 and i gave finger print registrations in the post office on the same day..

Kartik

ahmed84
Newly Registered

Post by ahmed84 » Mon May 21, 2012 1:50 pm

kartik_r wrote:
Shreyasx01 wrote:
@ Shreya,

I symphatize for you. Don't leave it keep following up. Remember, the more the bio metric is delayed the more the problem for you to keep waiting for a decision on the outstanding application. The application file will be considered by the case worker on considering the bio metric registration dates only ( will be queued in to their system) and not Date of application.

As per rule, they've to dispatch bio-metric letter or should be able to generate bio metric letter from thier system after the Visa payment is cleared. That is 28 working days from the date of Visa payment clearence. However, they're s*uckers and they never go by rules, so call up the number and file a complaint and they'll provide you with a SLA period that within 10 working days from the date of your complaint , the letter will be despatched .

I waited 2 months to receive bio metric and un fortunately due to that delay my application is queued into their system after plp who applied in last minute (mar 20 to Apr 5) because my bio metric is 24th apr 2012 and my date of application is 10th feb 2012.

I tried calling them from Mar 1st week of bio metric , howver could not get any good responses and i registered the complaint on phone by apr 5th and bio metreic letter was generated on 18th apr 2012 ( which is exactly 10th working day , as per SLA) . The post man delayed it and i received it only on 23rd apr 2012 and i gave finger print registrations in the post office on the same day..

Kartik
hi,thank you very much for your response. could you please kindly provide the number to ring HO. i tried to ring them up manay times but no one answered.

manex

Post by manex » Tue May 22, 2012 11:46 pm

arvind88 wrote:applied on 05th march, recd the ack letter on 12th march, called the ukba on 11th april for which they said a query is raised and i should receive it this week bt still havent received... am a bit worried ... what should i do now??
I hope you rang the 0870 number. Were they happy to answer about the biometric letter at all because they usually say that they cannot tell anything about our application if it has not been more than 6 months. I applied on the 4th April and still waiting for the biometric letter :? . It took me more than a month to receive the acknowledgement letter in the first place!

Shreyasx01

Post by Shreyasx01 » Wed May 23, 2012 7:47 pm

Hi Kartik,

Thanks for the advice but although I applied on 31st March, the payment was taken on 25th April. So the 28 days just got over today. The same thing happened with my friend whose payment was processes on the 17th of April, exactly after 28 days of payment he got the biometric letter. So I am hoping I get the letter tomorrow or on Friday. If not then I will give them a call. I know the urgency of the situation but all I can do is wait until their SLA period lapses and then do the chasing up.