ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR application Question

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

hisandy
Newly Registered

ILR application Question

Post by hisandy » Sun May 13, 2012 2:29 am

Hi,

I am due to apply for ILR for me and my family (spouse + 2 children) in July this year. I have following questions:-
1) I entered UK in Aug 2007 and my family joined me 6 months later. Can I apply for ILR along with my dependants at same time in July 2012 or should dependants also complete 5 years?
2) How much in advance can we book PEO appointment. Many posts here suggest that it is 6 weeks in advance but UKBA website give date range of 3 months (though it turns out that none is available within that)
3) My younger child was born in UK, so I plan to save her ILR application fee by directly applying for MN1 post our successful ILR. What is alternative to getting professional reference as my child is less than 2 years old and only GP can provide reference (though I doubt as I recently moved my house)
4) If I currently have enough leave on my TIER 1 visa can we travel post successful of ILR but before application of MN1? This is because post ILR, all of us (except child) will be on ILR visa but my child will still be TIER 1 dependant.
5) I entered UK on work visa but switched to TIER 1 in 2009 and switched employer in 2011. I was out of UK in first 2 years, Once for 35 days, 2nd time for 21 days and third time 5 days, all before switching employment. Will I need any letter from former employer?

Many Thanks

starxrose
Newly Registered

Post by starxrose » Sun May 13, 2012 3:45 am

Hello hisandy:
On your first question, which basis are you applying for ILR on?
The different routes would have differing rules. For example, if applying through long residence (10yr), then you can only apply by yourself, no dependants.

2. On the question of travelling with your child after you gain ILR, you will not be able to use the previous Tier1 dependant stay as they will no longer be Tier 1 dependants, i.e the leave will not be valid since they will now be dependants of a settled person.

As far as I am aware, if you are on Tier 1 you do not necessarily need an employer letter as you are not tied to work permit conditions. However, check the forum for answers on this, or wait for answers from other members

3. For your younger child, if you search ‘Child referees’ on this forum, you will get lots of previous posts on how other people have got around the difficult issue of referees for young children. It’s not only GPs who can provide references, others have used health visitors, day care providers, family friends etc etc. In other cases here, some did not even submit any referees.

hisandy
Newly Registered

Post by hisandy » Sun May 13, 2012 9:55 am

Hello, Thanks for prompt reply.

I am applying for settlement as Tier 1 General migrant. As stated earlier I came in August 2007 but family joined 6 months later. Also I cant seem to book PEO appointment but it shows 3 months worth date range, which seems scary as looks like all are booked.

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Mon May 14, 2012 10:57 am

hisandy: PEO slots become available 42 days in advance. You can book an appointment at midnight (exactly 42 days before your desired date).

You can also use this website to workout the dates.

http://www.timeanddate.com/date/dateadd.html