ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TRAVELLLING WITH CHILD UNDER 18 YEARS OF AGE

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sweeti

TRAVELLLING WITH CHILD UNDER 18 YEARS OF AGE

Post by sweeti » Thu May 10, 2012 6:03 am

HI

i have ne small confusion..i heard that child who is under 18 years cant travel alone..child visa must show name of person who is travelling with..i have got my 2 months baby tier 1 dependent visa and i am also tier 1 dependent..my husband is main applicant who is in Uk and now i want to travel back to UK with my baby..the prob is my baby visa doest show my name..it only shows main applicant name..I am the mother can my babytravel with me ,my name is not mention in my child visa...

i am very confused..people who got their child visa..plz help..is any parent name written on their visaa

longshift
United Kingdom

Re: TRAVELLLING WITH CHILD UNDER 18 YEARS OF AGE

Post by longshift » Thu May 10, 2012 8:48 am

sweeti wrote:HI

i have ne small confusion..i heard that child who is under 18 years cant travel alone..child visa must show name of person who is travelling with..i have got my 2 months baby tier 1 dependent visa and i am also tier 1 dependent..my husband is main applicant who is in Uk and now i want to travel back to UK with my baby..the prob is my baby visa doest show my name..it only shows main applicant name..I am the mother can my babytravel with me ,my name is not mention in my child visa...

i am very confused..people who got their child visa..plz help..is any parent name written on their visaa
My wife and 2 kids have got dependant visas. I am the main applicant. My wife have made many journeys with my kids outside UK. No one ever questioned anything. I am not sure about the visa's but both of my kids have our names in their passport on the last page.

pgaitonde
Member of Standing

Re: TRAVELLLING WITH CHILD UNDER 18 YEARS OF AGE

Post by pgaitonde » Thu May 10, 2012 11:13 am

sweeti wrote:HI

Your baby's passport will have your name as been the mother so there is no such problem at all. Only if the baby is travelling with a guardian then they need a letter from a parent stating the reason to travel with the guardian.

starxrose
Newly Registered

Post by starxrose » Sun May 13, 2012 4:13 am

This should be fine, I dont see any problems as you are the parent and the main applicant is in the UK. There is no rule that says only main applicants can travel with their children, so don't worry. And for children under 18, they CAN travel alone as Unaccompanied minors, if you wished...