ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bassoo
Newly Registered

ILR

Post by bassoo » Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:56 pm

Hi
I came in to country on work permit in 2001 stayed here till 2005 when my company asked me to go back, in 2006 i applied for HSMP which got approved and came back to UK in 2007, before i left UK in 2006 i had some unpaid bills as i had to leave the country.
i got extension on HSMP ( now Tier 1) in 2008 with no problems, i've applied for ILR on 8th DEC 2011, they took my application and said due to festive season they have less staff and gave a letter saying needs furthur enquiries , they said they will call me, iam still waiting no response from HO,
i did not recieve any letters for unpaid bills since 5 years, but since i applied for ILR i have started recieving letters from DEBT collectors, the debt which i dont owe, iam a bit concerned that i HO checking my credit file and i dont know whether i have any CCJ because of unpaid bills, i had no problems for 5 years , my life is changed since 8th Dec iam just gone into depression and worried thinking that HO gonna refuse application because of credit file.
please can any body help me i really apprciate, since 5 years i've been in a good job, paying tax and no driving offences, not been outside the country for more than 90 days in 5 years

Re: ILR

Post by 2012 » Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:59 pm

bassoo wrote:Hi
I came in to country on work permit in 2001 stayed here till 2005 when my company asked me to go back, in 2006 i applied for HSMP which got approved and came back to UK in 2007, before i left UK in 2006 i had some unpaid bills as i had to leave the country.
i got extension on HSMP ( now Tier 1) in 2008 with no problems, i've applied for ILR on 8th DEC 2011, they took my application and said due to festive season they have less staff and gave a letter saying needs furthur enquiries , they said they will call me, iam still waiting no response from HO,
i did not recieve any letters for unpaid bills since 5 years, but since i applied for ILR i have started recieving letters from DEBT collectors, the debt which i dont owe, iam a bit concerned that i HO checking my credit file and i dont know whether i have any CCJ because of unpaid bills, i had no problems for 5 years , my life is changed since 8th Dec iam just gone into depression and worried thinking that HO gonna refuse application because of credit file.
please can any body help me i really apprciate, since 5 years i've been in a good job, paying tax and no driving offences, not been outside the country for more than 90 days in 5 years
1. First of all u need to understnad the difference between a credit reference file and CCJ.
2. If u have a bad credit file then u application is not effected by this but if CCJ has occured then it is a issue.
3. If u got u HSMP in 2006 then r u not covered by the judgement, i m not sure if u have checked this.

rrgund
Newly Registered

ILR

Post by rrgund » Thu May 10, 2012 4:20 pm

Hi bassoo,

Please could you tell me what happened with your application at the end?
Have you been granted ILR?

Thanks

bassoo
Newly Registered

Post by bassoo » Sun May 13, 2012 8:43 am

Hi
Yes i was granted ILR after 1 month of submission of my application, no they dont check your credit history, it got delayed purely because of no staff during christmas time

thanks