ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

have home office changed rules ? eea family permit visa

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dmax

have home office changed rules ? eea family permit visa

Post by dmax » Sun May 13, 2012 10:03 am

hello,
my wife is thai, she has 5 years resident stamp, here in belfast /uk on EEA FP. i have just read that home office since last year 2011 are changing rules for eu citizens ( myself ) bringing their non eea family members ( my wifes sons) over to uk on FP visa,s. apparently they are stopping this route for eu citizens who have not lived outside uk namely ROI or any other EU country .

can anyone tell me if this is the case now or not, have home office implemented new rules to date or not ?

we are due to travel to thailand in june or july and submit an EEA application to bring my wifes two twin sons aged 12 years back to belfast/uk . we do not want to waste money travelling and paying for flights etc if at from the outset this application is doomed to fail. we are both now unemployed due to me being on incapacity benefit ( sick ) long term. and wife out of work due to post natal depression after having our daughter 3 years ago.

thankyou in advance.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Re: have home office changed rules ? eea family permit visa

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sun May 13, 2012 10:20 am

dmax wrote:...i have just read that home office since last year 2011 are changing rules for eu citizens...over to uk on FP visa,s...
Who told you this or where did you read it?

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun May 13, 2012 12:07 pm

Please continue in your previous thread.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.