ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 dependant

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tigran_k
Newly Registered

Tier 1 dependant

Post by tigran_k » Sat May 12, 2012 6:05 pm

Hello,
I am currently under Tier 1 visa in the UK. Going to apply for an extension in next couple of months.
My wife is in the Uk too, under PBS student visa.
Can she apply with me(while i apply for tier 1 extension) and get Tier 1 dependant visa, or she has to leave the country, apply for entry clearance from the country where she is originally from.

Thanks

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Re: Tier 1 dependant

Post by Lucapooka » Sat May 12, 2012 6:57 pm

apply for entry clearance from the country where she is originally from.

starxrose
Newly Registered

Post by starxrose » Sun May 13, 2012 4:04 am

She cannot switch to a dependant while in country, she has to apply as a dependant from her home country.
Does she qualify for a different type of visa which allows switching from PBS within the UK?

tigran_k
Newly Registered

Post by tigran_k » Sun May 13, 2012 10:22 am

Thank you all for your replies so far.
To be honest i am not sure what else category she can qualify to be able to stay in the UK and apply from here. Is that Tier 2 only?(which suppose to have a job here), if tier 2 is the only choice then no, currently she doesnt qualify.

If you know any other category which we can consider please let me know(I wanted dependent visa, so it reflects to her citizenship later as well, as Post Study visa which is closed by the way, was not a visa which then can be used to apply for citizenship).

I will highly appreciate if you leave some categories that you think she can still apply after graduating the UK university.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sun May 13, 2012 10:33 am

Why can't she just return home and apply for a dependent visa?

No visa can be used to apply for citizenship. What you mean is that it doesn't lead to settlement. I am well aware that psw is closed hence why i suggested tier 2.

If you want to know the other categories then have a look at the ukba website.

tigran_k
Newly Registered

Post by tigran_k » Sun May 13, 2012 11:12 am

Thanks a lot for your answer.
Yeah, seems the best choice will be if she returns and apply for a visa from there.

And the last question please - :) I am going to apply for my tier 1 extension at the start of July, and want to do it via premium service(same day), however site always shows no slots available? Can you recommend any solicitor whom i can apply to? There are so many around, with different price,etc, and dont know which of them are trustful and good? If any of you have any experience please let me know, or any trick to somehow get available slot for the start of July.