ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Parents - Visitor visa now or Dependent visa next yr?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Praveena1
Newly Registered

Parents - Visitor visa now or Dependent visa next yr?

Post by Praveena1 » Sun May 13, 2012 2:31 pm

Hi,

I am due for ILR in Nov 14th this year.

Would like to apply for dependent visa for my elderly parents (75 and 65 yrs) after getting the ILR.

Meanwhile, I would like them to visit me now on a family visa, as I have got some Olympics tickets for them this year.

Would it be advisable to apply for family visit now and then apply for their dependent visa next year? They have been here a few years ago on family visit visa.

Also, not having 6 months remaining on my visa have a detrimental effect?

Please reply.

Thanks
P

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Parents - Visitor visa now or Dependent visa next yr?

Post by geriatrix » Sun May 13, 2012 2:49 pm

Praveena1 wrote:Would like to apply for dependent visa for my elderly parents (75 and 65 yrs) after getting the ILR.
Age isn't the only eligibility criteria .. it is just one amongst others (more important).
Read Older dependent relatives.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Praveena1
Newly Registered

Post by Praveena1 » Sun May 13, 2012 2:58 pm

Hi Sushdmehta

I have read the guidance notes. They are solely dependent on me as well as my brother, who is also here in UK under Tier 1.

They dont have any income in India except for the money sent to them by myself and my brother over the past few years and live in rented accommmodation (re UAE exchange receipts).

My query is whether applying for a family visitor visa now affect their chance of applying for older dependent visa in the future?

Thanks

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun May 13, 2012 3:56 pm

Praveena1 wrote:They are solely dependent on me as well as my brother, who is also here in UK under Tier 1.

They dont have any income in India except for the money sent to them by myself and my brother over the past few years and live in rented accommmodation (re UAE exchange receipts).

My query is whether applying for a family visitor visa now affect their chance of applying for older dependent visa in the future?

Thanks
Not unless the evidence that will be provided to support visitor visa application (e.g. - intention to return to country of residence) can, in any way, negatively influence the evidence(s) that you/they may need to to provide later to prove that they meet all the requirements for older dependant relatives.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!