ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 Years ILR Query - Please Help!!

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

fazlulhaque
Newly Registered

10 Years ILR Query - Please Help!!

Post by fazlulhaque » Sat May 12, 2012 9:55 pm

Hi,
I am hoping to apply for my ILR under 10 years long residency criteria in August but i am worried about a driving fine i had 2 years back. I was fined £40 in the court for offence LC20 (Driving a vehicle in other than accordance with a Licence)

But I did a CRB check few months back and it came clear. Do I still have to mentioned this to my application? do you think it will affect my ILR application?

Please any help will be much appreciated.

starxrose
Newly Registered

Post by starxrose » Sun May 13, 2012 3:20 am

If you went to court, then I would generally suggest you declare it, in case the consequences are that your ILR is declined due to failure to declare /deception. I am not sure if you must declare all traffic violations or how long these take to be spent; check guidance in case its a spent violation. There are posters on this forum who’ve got their ILR even after declaring numerous offences but this may be down to discretion. See this one here:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... d64e544fa7

Wait however for advice from other more knowledgeable members of the forum.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun May 13, 2012 3:36 pm

1. You have nothing to lose by mentioning it.
2. If the CRB is clear, that means there is no unspent conviction - hence nothing to worry about.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

fazlulhaque
Newly Registered

Post by fazlulhaque » Wed May 16, 2012 8:31 pm

Many thanks to both of you for your advise

really appreciate your time for me.

Thanks