ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation Info Please

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

natinf
Newly Registered

Naturalisation Info Please

Post by natinf » Sun May 13, 2012 5:59 pm

Hi,

Any of you please help on below information

Applying for naturalisaion in few days and my abscences which are within the limit of 450 days fall immediately after my application date (around 250 days).

Is it going to affect decision on my naturalisation application and do I need to produce any letters for these abscences

Do I need to mention reason for abscences in the AN form if its within 450 days.

In addresses for previous 5 years section Which address do I need to show when I am out of UK.Is correspondance address in UK will do.

Thanks for your patience and help.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon May 14, 2012 1:34 am

natinf wrote:Applying for naturalisaion in few days and my abscences which are within the limit of 450 days fall immediately after my application date (around 250 days).

Is it going to affect decision on my naturalisation application and do I need to produce any letters for these abscences
You need to ensure that your application reaches Home Office before you became absent from UK 5 years ago, and that fulfil all requirements on any such date that you expect Home Office to receive your application. See also When does the residential qualifying period start?
natinf wrote:Do I need to mention reason for abscences in the AN form if its within 450 days.
Does the AN form ask for reason(s)? If not, then not required.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

natinf
Newly Registered

Post by natinf » Mon May 14, 2012 2:30 pm

Thanksushd for information.It willl be helpful if you can advice on query about previous addresses in my request.
Many thanks

natinf
Newly Registered

Post by natinf » Mon May 14, 2012 11:37 pm

Please let mw know during my abscenses from united kingdom which address I have to mention . Can I give my correespondance address during that time.

Many Thanks for help

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue May 15, 2012 7:18 am

Where did you maintain a home during your absences? If the UK use that address, if elsewhere use that.

natinf
Newly Registered

Post by natinf » Tue May 15, 2012 8:54 am

Thanks a lot Jumbo for your help.

natinf
Newly Registered

Post by natinf » Thu May 17, 2012 12:26 am

Sorry to disturb you Jumbo.

Just wanted to confirm with you again is that ok to give Overseas address as we need to be based in UK?

You mean to say it does not matter if we are in within limit of 450 days.

Thanks a lot

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Thu May 17, 2012 7:30 am

natinf wrote: You mean to say it does not matter if we are in within limit of 450 days.
Correct. As long as you meet the requirements, it's fine. You don't even need to have had a valid visa for the period you lived abroad.

natinf
Newly Registered

Post by natinf » Thu May 17, 2012 9:09 am

Thanks a lot Jumbo.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sat May 19, 2012 12:41 pm

natinf wrote:Hi,

Please help me with below query

Can friend of mine who works in accountancy company as a manager can be my referee.

He has done his MBA.

As I have limited company and submitting letter from accountancy firm with my account details.

In the AN form it says "the person assisting you with this spplication cant be your referee "

Query - Do they mean only solicitors and oisc advisors assisting with application or even accountant assisting with application cant be referee to applicant.

Thanks for the advise
[/i]

natinf
Newly Registered

Post by natinf » Sat May 19, 2012 1:46 pm

Thanks Sushd.

Please anybody suggest.

Thanks

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sat May 19, 2012 5:03 pm

How is your friend helping you in your application? By being an employee of an accounting firm that you use the services of for accounting and tax purposes?
Will this friend be the authorised signatory of the letter that this accounting company will issue to you - a letter that you intend to use for naturalisation purposes?

natinf
Newly Registered

Post by natinf » Sat May 19, 2012 6:10 pm

Thanks Sushd

He is not signing the letter issued to me by accountancy firm.

Is that ok if I just submit P60 and not letter being director of Ltd Company.

Many Thanks