ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travelling when passport has 15 days to expire

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

king_kong

Travelling when passport has 15 days to expire

Post by king_kong » Mon May 14, 2012 7:20 am

Dear all,

We are on ILR at the moment in the UK, holding Indian passports.

We plan to go to India during august ( ie start on the first week of august and come back during the third week of august).

My son's Indian passport is getting expired on the 19th September.

"My question is, when coming back to the UK, his passport will be valid only for about 19 days.
Will this create any problem with the immigration authorities?
Is there a minimum period the passport should be valid for before we can travel?"

I am asking this question, in the context of getting naturalised.
We got our naturalisation approved on the 5th may, and the ceremony is on the 6th of June. I was wondering if I will have sufficient time for us to sort out our British passports, then the Indian visa and travel to India by the first week of august.

We got
Thanks and regards.

zahid.ali.anwar
Member of Standing

Post by zahid.ali.anwar » Mon May 14, 2012 8:38 am

You shouldn't have any problem, as the min. required period for the validity of passport has nothing to do with your immigration control.

The requirement of min valid date is at the time of visa application. It is in place just to make sure that the passport is not expired during the course of decision making.

So you are alright with a validity of 19 days.
The question is... to be or not to be....

king_kong

thanks

Post by king_kong » Mon May 14, 2012 9:16 pm

Thanks for your reply