ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Life In UK & A1 Level test ?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rubina20102010
Member of Standing

Life In UK & A1 Level test ?

Post by rubina20102010 » Mon May 14, 2012 10:07 am

I do have below quick questions.

Next year February 2013, I’m going to apply my ILR and my husband doesn’t eligible to apply with me at that time as he wouldn’t complete his 2 years. He will apply for FLR(M). Correct?

For FLR(M), he need to pass “English test- A1 level” and Life in UK. Correct?

And after 3 months when he will eligible for ILR , he need to show the “English test- A1 level” and Life in UK again. Correct?

After one year, when he will apply for his naturalisation as a civil partner of a British citizen. He need to meet the following requirement.
• you are aged 18 or over; and
• you are of sound mind; and
• you can communicate in English, Welsh or Scottish Gaelic to an acceptable degree; and
• you have sufficient knowledge of life in the United Kingdom; and
• you are of good character; and
• you are the husband, wife or civil partner of a British citizen; and
• you meet the residential requirements; or
• your husband, wife or civil partner is in Crown or designated service outside the United Kingdom.

Does he need to show the same “English test- A1 level” and Life in UK tests again?
Thanks in advance,
Rubi

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon May 14, 2012 11:11 am

He doesn't need Life in the UK (KOL) for FLR(M), but he will when he applies for ILR. He'll have to pass the A1 test for FLR(M).
ILR only requires evidence of the KOL test, not A1

You mention his application for BC as a civil partner of a British Citizen...but you won't be applying for ILR until 2013. You'll then need another 12 months of legal residency before you qualify.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon May 14, 2012 1:14 pm

Please don't make multiple posts on the same topic.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!