ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 (PSW) processing times

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sbar
Newly Registered

Post by sbar » Mon May 14, 2012 12:44 pm

kartik_r wrote:
sbar wrote:Thanks for your reply Mate, I can't show any documents here because he is hospitalised and all the reports are their with him only. I can ask my parents to send scan copy of them. How do I contact UKBA about it or do I need to contact Indian Embassy.
Are you in London. If so, go direct to the Croyden Office as soon as you receive the documents. On addition, type a letter in a4 stating your reasons and have in handy before you meet them. If possible, have a copy of all the docs that you're about to submit them. Because, they're such a lazy p*igs, trust me, they can even loose your docs due to high volume of applications.

Or if you can't make it to any of their Offices, better call them during the mid afternoons. Hope, they pick up ( they usually dont in the mornings and you'll loose loads of money for the phone call by calling that '08' number). My advise is call from BT landline.

All the best
I am calling UKBA and see what they respond, will ask my parents to send me a scan copy of all the reports, although I am outside london but will mange to go to Croydon tomorrow as I have no choice brother. Thank you so much for your help.

redpepper140
Newly Registered

Source of information provided by you

Post by redpepper140 » Mon May 14, 2012 2:18 pm

Hi kartik,

You advised username:sbar that,

Ukba is experiencing very high demand for thier services and as per information they've called in more employees from all major airports to review psw applications and that is why there is a big queue in airport immigration counters..

Can you please advise where you got this information from?
Last edited by redpepper140 on Mon May 14, 2012 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MUNEERAH
Newly Registered

Post by MUNEERAH » Mon May 14, 2012 2:20 pm

My timeline:
Application Made: 8th March,2012
Fee Deducted: 18 March,2012
Acknowledgement: 16 March,2012
Biometric Letter Dated: 30 March,2012
Biometric Enrolled: 5th April,2012
Passport: NOT YET RECEIVED
Documents: NOT YET RECEIVED
BRP: NOT YET RECEIVED

I desperately need my school documents

kartik_r
BANNED

Re: Source of information provided by you

Post by kartik_r » Mon May 14, 2012 2:22 pm

redpepper140 wrote:Hi kartik,

You advised username:sbar that,

Ukba is experiencing very high demand for thier services and as per information they've called in more employees from all major airports to review psw applications and that is why there is a big queue in airport immigration counters..

Can you please advise where you got this information from?
From my University, Visa and immigration student advisor .Moreover, i personally have seen it in heathrow airport when i was there to pick up my friend. Not only in the immigration counters but also in the Car park , its a massive queue... also in baggage clearence sections..

antony.sunny
Newly Registered

Post by antony.sunny » Mon May 14, 2012 2:28 pm

Application sent:27 January
Acknowledgement letter received: 7 FEB
Biometrics letter dated: 13 March
Biometrics letter received: 17 March
Biometrics given: 20 March
BRP:waiting
Documents: waiting

Anyone there who is waiting more than me...

kashyapgada

noon

Post by kashyapgada » Mon May 14, 2012 2:39 pm

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

in the last approx 10 days no one has got ne updates from ukba on their docs or brp...

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

my current visa expires on 31st but i dun think thts an issue

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

what to do dun no...i dun think il get my visa till another 20 says...

bio done on 28th march.

i feel when theres such a huge backlog of applications you should be making people work even on holidays...but why do they care...we arent brits...acc to them we are pests...bloody brits...

arphaxad_cy
Newly Registered

Post by arphaxad_cy » Mon May 14, 2012 2:42 pm

Acknowledgement dated 27th Mar,
Biometrics letter dated 4th April,
Biometrics letter received 10th April,
Biometrics given 11th April.

Everything else is pending.

I've got my wedding banquet in China on June 2nd and the flight is on 30th May. The plan was done long time ago and invitations have been sent out. All you guys submitted biometrics before me and are still waiting.....

I pretty much feel that my wedding is going to be ruined of very high probably and I'm going to be dead..........-_____________-
antony.sunny wrote:Application sent:27 January
Acknowledgement letter received: 7 FEB
Biometrics letter dated: 13 March
Biometrics letter received: 17 March
Biometrics given: 20 March
BRP:waiting
Documents: waiting

Anyone there who is waiting more than me...

sbar
Newly Registered

Post by sbar » Mon May 14, 2012 2:52 pm

kartik_r wrote:
sbar wrote:My Timeline is:

Application submitted : 17th Feb 2012.
Application received : 20th feb 2012.
Biometrics Invitation received : 23rd mar 2012 (dated 21st march).
Biometrics Given : 26th mar 2012.(Kettering, PO)

Biometrics card : Waiting
Passport & Visa : Waiting

Unfortunately. this waiting seems to be unending. Guys I need some assistance, my father had a paralysis attack yesterday and is hospitalised. I want to reach India ASAP I can't rely on Visa, do I need to call UKBA or if anybody knows anything about emergency travel document. It would be a real help if you guys can suggest something. Many Thnaks in advance
You've to prove them with a strong paper document (from the concern hospital) that your dad is hospitalized......

If they agree to it and then they might consider giving you emergency travel document. But, having said that i dont really know whether will they react to this due to heavy baglog of applications they're dealing with. They're experiencing very high demand for thier services and as per information they've called in more employees from all major airports to review psw applications and that is why there is a big queue in airport immigration counters..
I have called UKBA and got expected response, not at all helpful. I was informed that there is no delay in processing application you have not received your visa within 4-6 weeks because you fall under 25% and we have processed 75% application within that time frame. she also advised to withdraw application as they can't give any emergency travel document or send reports and documents to UKBA in sheffield through post with a covering letter to process the application process fast but she also mentioned this is not guranteed. :(

Redempless

Post by Redempless » Mon May 14, 2012 3:13 pm

sbar wrote:
kartik_r wrote:
sbar wrote:My Timeline is:

Application submitted : 17th Feb 2012.
Application received : 20th feb 2012.
Biometrics Invitation received : 23rd mar 2012 (dated 21st march).
Biometrics Given : 26th mar 2012.(Kettering, PO)

Biometrics card : Waiting
Passport & Visa : Waiting

Unfortunately. this waiting seems to be unending. Guys I need some assistance, my father had a paralysis attack yesterday and is hospitalised. I want to reach India ASAP I can't rely on Visa, do I need to call UKBA or if anybody knows anything about emergency travel document. It would be a real help if you guys can suggest something. Many Thnaks in advance
You've to prove them with a strong paper document (from the concern hospital) that your dad is hospitalized......

If they agree to it and then they might consider giving you emergency travel document. But, having said that i dont really know whether will they react to this due to heavy baglog of applications they're dealing with. They're experiencing very high demand for thier services and as per information they've called in more employees from all major airports to review psw applications and that is why there is a big queue in airport immigration counters..
I have called UKBA and got expected response, not at all helpful. I was informed that there is no delay in processing application you have not received your visa within 4-6 weeks because you fall under 25% and we have processed 75% application within that time frame. she also advised to withdraw application as they can't give any emergency travel document or send reports and documents to UKBA in sheffield through post with a covering letter to process the application process fast but she also mentioned this is not guranteed. :(
Whats All this 25% and 75% of applications , i have done my masters from westminster university and i have asked student services to track my application and they rang HO, i have been informed by student services that they working on the applications and hope fully i will get reply in 2 weeks time.
My timeline:
Application Made: 4th March,2012
Fee Deducted: 14 March,2012
Biometric Letter Dated: 28 March,2012
Biometric Enrolled: 31 March,2012

Still Waiting for Documents & BRP

Redempless

Post by Redempless » Mon May 14, 2012 3:16 pm

MUNEERAH wrote:My timeline:

To be honest with you , your application can take up to 6 to 8 weeks more , there's many others in this forum who applied before you and still waiting.at the moment they dealing with applications where applicant enrolled biometric before 23rd march.

aftabkhan812

Post by aftabkhan812 » Mon May 14, 2012 3:30 pm

Redempless wrote:

To be honest with you , your application can take up to 6 to 8 weeks more , there's many others in this forum who applied before you and still waiting.at the moment they dealing with applications where applicant enrolled biometric before 23rd march.
And where have you got this info from ??

sbar
Newly Registered

Post by sbar » Mon May 14, 2012 3:35 pm

Redempless wrote:

How do you know UKBA is processing applications for the applicants who enrolled Biometrics on or before 23rd march, I did mine on 26th march not sure whether I can expect something this week or next week.

RenuRamesh
Newly Registered

My timeline

Post by RenuRamesh » Mon May 14, 2012 3:44 pm

Application sent: 13 March
Application Received: 14 March
Biometrics letter date: 3 April
Biometrics enrolled: 13 April

Waiting for documents and brp.

I have got a job offer. I got info that the employer will be able to track the application status. is it true? :roll:

alinawaz
Newly Registered

Delay...

Post by alinawaz » Mon May 14, 2012 3:45 pm

Any one who has done Biometrics after 20th March, plz update.

I had done my Biometric on 24th at Camden Town. No update yet.

Redempless

Post by Redempless » Mon May 14, 2012 3:58 pm

sbar wrote:
Redempless wrote:

How do you know UKBA is processing applications for the applicants who enrolled Biometrics on or before 23rd march, I did mine on 26th march not sure whether I can expect something this week or next week.
Many here in this forum got their docs and BRP, and they enrolled before 23 march...

aftabkhan812

Post by aftabkhan812 » Mon May 14, 2012 4:02 pm

Redempless wrote:
sbar wrote:
Redempless wrote:

Many here in this forum got their docs and BRP, and they enrolled before 23 march...
Need to keep in mind that the 'many here' arent the only ones who have applied from all over UK. We are possibly just a fraction of the number of people that might have applied.. So deducing timelines based on what we read here may not be a very wise option ! :P

easydoesit
Newly Registered

Re: Delay...

Post by easydoesit » Mon May 14, 2012 4:48 pm

alinawaz wrote:Any one who has done Biometrics after 20th March, plz update.

I had done my Biometric on 24th at Camden Town. No update yet.
I also did my biometric on 24 at camden town but since it was a saturday for calculating expected delivery of BRP I consider my biometric to be on 26 (Monday)

My timeline
Application Sent: 1st Feb 2012 (Special delivery)
Acknowledgement letter received : 7th Feb 2012
Biometric invitation received: 10th March 2012 (Mistake in letter)
Second Biometric invitation received: 23rd March 2012
Biometrics done:24th March 2012 Camden Post Office

Passport : waiting
BRP : waiting

I expect we will have to wait another 2 weeks unfortunately for me the job offer that I have will only wait till this friday (they have already waited 3 weeks)
Last edited by easydoesit on Mon May 14, 2012 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Redempless

Re: Delay...

Post by Redempless » Mon May 14, 2012 5:00 pm

My timeline:

Application Made: 4th March,2012

Fee Deducted: 14 March,2012

Biometric Letter Dated: 28 March,2012

Biometric Enrolled: 31 March,2012 (Saturday)

Still Waiting for Documents & BRP

rabh

Post by rabh » Mon May 14, 2012 5:02 pm

Guys, sorry for missing out from the scene for sometime.

As soon as I get my documents which was on 11th May( a day after getting BRP), called my agent, booked the ticket and flew back home same day in the evening and since I was travelling couldnot update.

Thankful to great god for allowing me to participate in the important rituals back home as I just managed to reach home on time.

I thank to all guys for their participation in the forum and wish all of them who are still waiting for their BRP and documents.

Tihod

Post by Tihod » Mon May 14, 2012 5:15 pm

rabh wrote:Guys, sorry for missing out from the scene for sometime.

As soon as I get my documents which was on 11th May( a day after getting BRP), called my agent, booked the ticket and flew back home same day in the evening and since I was travelling couldnot update.

Thankful to great god for allowing me to participate in the important rituals back home as I just managed to reach home on time.

I thank to all guys for their participation in the forum and wish all of them who are still waiting for their BRP and documents.

Congrats rabh, pls update ur timeline also for many new members. Thanks . Enjoy

guppy1222
Newly Registered

Post by guppy1222 » Mon May 14, 2012 6:43 pm

My timeline:

Application made: Early Feb
Ack letter: Feb 22
Biometric letter received: March 23
Biometric taken: March 26 (Camden Town)

Still waiting...have already rebooked flight back home which cost a boat load. Hopefully I won't have to rebook again. Read my blog post about it and tell me what you think. This process is ridiculous :(

http://dawnsvoyage.blogspot.co.uk/

Fustratedapplicant
Newly Registered

Post by Fustratedapplicant » Mon May 14, 2012 7:11 pm

rabh wrote:Guys, sorry for missing out from the scene for sometime.

Please what is ur time line like. Kindly update

Tier 4
- thin ice -

Post by Tier 4 » Mon May 14, 2012 10:51 pm

sbar wrote: Guys I need some assistance, my father had a paralysis attack yesterday and is hospitalised. I want to reach India ASAP I can't rely on Visa, do I need to call UKBA or if anybody knows anything about emergency travel document. It would be a real help if you guys can suggest something. Many Thnaks in advance
Well I would say the best course of action is to involve your local MP.

How to find you local MP:
http://findyourmp.parliament.uk/

Write a brief and formal email with details about your educational career and you future plans, especially the investment you laid in Britain for you study and finally draw the conclusion about how one simple PSW application process holding every thing in pause.

Trust me it will work as few of my friends did and their applications dealt more swiftly.
N/A

sevakian
Newly Registered

Post by sevakian » Mon May 14, 2012 11:17 pm

Hi,

I sent my application/fee/biometrics on April 2.

Nothing yet (28 working days).

I might miss my graduation and a job interview.

Redempless

Post by Redempless » Mon May 14, 2012 11:17 pm

Tier 4 wrote:
sbar wrote: Guys I need some assistance, my father had a paralysis attack yesterday and is hospitalised. I want to reach India ASAP I can't rely on Visa, do I need to call UKBA or if anybody knows anything about emergency travel document. It would be a real help if you guys can suggest something. Many Thnaks in advance
Well I would say the best course of action is to involve your local MP.

How to find you local MP:
http://findyourmp.parliament.uk/

Write a brief and formal email with details about your educational career and you future plans, especially the investment you laid in Britain for you study and finally draw the conclusion about how one simple PSW application process holding every thing in pause.

Trust me it will work as few of my friends did and their applications dealt more swiftly.

Very nice advise , really appreciated...bro go for this option and this will really work for sure....