ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Samelamin
Member of Standing
Sudan

Post by Samelamin » Mon May 14, 2012 9:31 am

goodies wrote:Good morning my beloved forum members, let's hope all December applicants get their RC this week. I mean in bulk. Fingers cross
I really think so, I emailed the home office and demanded that they stick to their timings they replied to call the number

When I called I was told they dont have any authority to speak to the case worker and advised me to write them a letter or send an email.

Sufficed to say I was very frustrated with them sending me in rather expensive and tedious circles which lead me to send them a rather strongly worded email and this is the reply I received

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your emails. I have forwarded them to the team where your application is currently located. The United Kingdom Border Agency are aware of the time-scales they have projected, and we will endeavour to ensure that your application is completed within this time-scale.

Kind regards
Euro

So It is a strong indication that they will deal with December applicants soon
EEA 4 applied - 15th November 2015
COA received - 18 Jan
Application Refused: 15th of April
Appeal: 16th of April
Reconsideration Letter sent: 16th April
Reapplied EEA 4: 24th October 2016
Payment Taken: 28th October 2016
RC: 23 May 2017

bandor
Newly Registered

Post by bandor » Mon May 14, 2012 11:41 am

Lets hope they intend to stick to their timeline

I plan to get my solicitor to write them a strongly worded letter when its 2 weeks to the 6 month deadline. From previous experience they have no regard from deadlines and exerting some pressure might be the only way to get some deserved results.

Samelamin
Member of Standing
Sudan

Post by Samelamin » Mon May 14, 2012 11:43 am

bandor wrote:Lets hope they intend to stick to their timeline

I plan to get my solicitor to write them a strongly worded letter when its 2 weeks to the 6 month deadline. From previous experience they have no regard from deadlines and exerting some pressure might be the only way to get some deserved results.
That is exactly why I shall continue writing to them every single week from the end of May to make sure they sent it back
COA received - 18 Jan

zahirsona

Post by zahirsona » Mon May 14, 2012 12:10 pm

Hi samelamin I send them email 2 time on Friday but they not reply me yet i asked my solicitor he say dont send them email some time they are badly but I apply for job 24 may my interview date I explain everything in email but I don't know why the ukba do like this the company want my original documents with passport what u write them in email
Zkhan

lakhvinder
Newly Registered

waiting ee2 Acknowledgement

Post by lakhvinder » Mon May 14, 2012 12:17 pm

hi

file sent: 4th april, 2012
no response till now
what should i do now

thanks

bandor
Newly Registered

Re: waiting ee2 Acknowledgement

Post by bandor » Mon May 14, 2012 1:58 pm

lakhvinder wrote:hi

file sent: 4th april, 2012
no response till now
what should i do now

thanks
nothing, you just have to wait for COA since its barely over a month

if you feel the need you can drop them an email or phone

psuch2
Brazil

Post by psuch2 » Mon May 14, 2012 2:19 pm

Good morning indeed. My COA just came today, so happy. Of to the job center to get my NI.
Thanks everyone for the support so far !!!
No Matter How Long Winter Is, There's Always Spring Time Ahead

CondorVilla
Newly Registered

Post by CondorVilla » Mon May 14, 2012 2:27 pm

Has anyone tried calling recently? I just tried and what I did before (the 015-167-25626 number then 2 and 1) isn't working. It's been almost 2 months and no COA and I'm getting annoyed...seems like people don't have to wait that long to get their COA generally...

flashware

Post by flashware » Mon May 14, 2012 2:33 pm

CondorVilla wrote:Has anyone tried calling recently? I just tried and what I did before (the 015-167-25626 number then 2 and 1) isn't working. It's been almost 2 months and no COA and I'm getting annoyed...seems like people don't have to wait that long to get their COA generally...
I'm on hold at the moment (32 minutes and counting), trying to track down my passport. My Grandmother ended up passing yesterday, so the delay means I wasn't able to get back and see her before it happened. I'm hoping to still get over for the funeral which will be next week. I was told my passport would arrive today however the tracking shows nothing (I made an error a few posts back, that was the tracking for another parcel I had coming to me).

In people's experiences when they request their passport back, does it get sent in the return envelope you provided? Do all the documents get sent back, or just the passport you requested?
EEA2 Submitted: 26/04/12
Received by HO: 27/04/12
Passport requested: 8/5/12
Passport received: 17/5/12
COA received: 17/5/12
RC sent: 21/09/12

CondorVilla
Newly Registered

Post by CondorVilla » Mon May 14, 2012 2:36 pm

flashware wrote:
CondorVilla wrote:Has anyone tried calling recently? I just tried and what I did before (the 015-167-25626 number then 2 and 1) isn't working. It's been almost 2 months and no COA and I'm getting annoyed...seems like people don't have to wait that long to get their COA generally...
I'm on hold at the moment (32 minutes and counting), trying to track down my passport. My Grandmother ended up passing yesterday, so the delay means I wasn't able to get back and see her before it happened. I'm hoping to still get over for the funeral which will be next week. I was told my passport would arrive today however the tracking shows nothing (I made an error a few posts back, that was the tracking for another parcel I had coming to me).

In people's experiences when they request their passport back, does it get sent in the return envelope you provided? Do all the documents get sent back, or just the passport you requested?
What number and options did you use to call?

In my experience (I had a similar situation with my grandmother in the hospital), they sent back our passports in the return envelopes, no other documents, just a letter saying that we'd have to apply for a family permit if we wanted to come back in (my husband would, that is), which is annoying because that's not even really true.

It also took about 7 working days for them to send it but part of that may have been that they didn't put our application onto the computer until a month after they received it...

flashware

Post by flashware » Mon May 14, 2012 2:41 pm

CondorVilla wrote:
flashware wrote:

In my experience (I had a similar situation with my grandmother in the hospital), they sent back our passports in the return envelopes, no other documents, just a letter saying that we'd have to apply for a family permit if we wanted to come back in (my husband would, that is), which is annoying because that's not even really true.

It also took about 7 working days for them to send it but part of that may have been that they didn't put our application onto the computer until a month after they received it...
I can't remember, but those options sound about right.

I have a feeling that may end up being the same for me, too as mine is not yet on the computer (i.e. I don't have a UKBA reference). Did they promise the documents to you by a certain date though? I was "promised" May 14, today, which makes it 5 working days. That being said, they had a strike on May 10 which adds a day, however technically speaking that shouldn't make a difference. YMMV as you know and what is said vs what is done are often 2 very different things.

Luckily I wouldn't need to worry about getting the Family Permit as I still have some time left on my work visa.
EEA2 Submitted: 26/04/12
Received by HO: 27/04/12
Passport requested: 8/5/12
Passport received: 17/5/12
COA received: 17/5/12
RC sent: 21/09/12

CondorVilla
Newly Registered

Post by CondorVilla » Mon May 14, 2012 2:47 pm

flashware wrote:
CondorVilla wrote:
flashware wrote:

I can't remember, but those options sound about right.

I have a feeling that may end up being the same for me, too as mine is not yet on the computer (i.e. I don't have a UKBA reference). Did they promise the documents to you by a certain date though? I was "promised" May 14, today, which makes it 5 working days. That being said, they had a strike on May 10 which adds a day, however technically speaking that shouldn't make a difference. YMMV as you know and what is said vs what is done are often 2 very different things.

Luckily I wouldn't need to worry about getting the Family Permit as I still have some time left on my work visa.
Well the family permit isn't correct because as my husband, he has a right to enter the country again with me. Either way, he didn't travel with me so it wasn't an issue.

They promised it to me by a Friday and I received it the following Tuesday and I think it was only sent out because I called again on the Monday.

You won't get a reference number until you get your COA but that doesn't mean it's not on the computer. Some people have gotten their COA after 2 weeks so you never know. Maybe you'll be lucky and they'll send it with your passports. That was our hope but of course it didn't happen.

hope1976
Newly Registered

RC received after 7 months

Post by hope1976 » Mon May 14, 2012 7:08 pm

The long wait is finally over.

I applied for a RC as a spouse of an EU national, and after we got married 3days later i sent our Marriage certificate. COA was received within 4 weeks, but it has taken exactly 7months for my RC to be issued.
My immigration history was complex.

I approached several lawyers, and decided to do the application myself. The Lawyers i approached were just money minded and too negative.

After the 6 months mark, i made 2 phone calls to UKBA but i realized it was pointless having a rant at a customer service representative who is only reading what they can see on screen and have no knowledge of what the case worker is doing.

I raised a complaint(email & post) with NWCSU and Euro department as well(never got a reply). Then I contacted the Aire Centre, who with-in a week drafted a super letter on my behalf and they sent it to UKBA. Many thanks to them.

My timeline:

EEA1 & 2 rec'd: 9/10/11
COA rec'd: 3/11/11
EEA1 rec'd: 10/11/11
RC issued: 9/05/12
RC rec'd 11/05/12

Many thanks to everyone that contributes on this board. And also a big thanks to the investors who have given us a platform to help and advise each other.

goodies

Re: RC received after 7 months

Post by goodies » Mon May 14, 2012 7:36 pm

Gongrats, at long last the long wait is over, from your experience you went through hell, I don't understand why HO issued RC to some people very fast and other to wait for long period of time. The HO is never fair, its suppose to be first come,first serve basis but look at whats going on. We pray everyone receives his/ her RC soon
EEA2 sent 21/12/2011
COA received 19/01/2012
RC ???????????

With God all things are possible.

hope1976
Newly Registered

Post by hope1976 » Mon May 14, 2012 7:58 pm

Exactly. First come first serve would make more sense. Personally, after reading lots of blogs & forums it appears that applications from visa nationals take longer than those of non visa applicants.
That said, for me it must have been because of my past immi' history. I still think that within 6 months they should have made their decision.

webbie1902
Newly Registered

COA for jobs

Post by webbie1902 » Mon May 14, 2012 7:58 pm

Can anyone suggest or help. I have gotten my COA and have a challenge getting work with it. Any ideas or place I can apply to. ANy job will suffice me to begin with.

hope1976
Newly Registered

Post by hope1976 » Mon May 14, 2012 8:13 pm

If your COA entitles you to work. then you can take up any job that comes your way. Best to register with as many agencies as possible. Some will still not register you without seeing you passport. Be prepared for rejection. It's a competitive job market now.
Last edited by hope1976 on Mon May 14, 2012 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zubby007
Member of Standing

Post by zubby007 » Mon May 14, 2012 8:55 pm

[quote="hope1976"]Exactly. First come first serve would make more sense. Personally, after reading lots of blogs & forums [quote]it appears that applications from visa nationals take longer than those of non visa [/quote]applicants.
That said, for me it must have been because of my past immi' history. I still think that within 6 months they should have made their decision.[/quote]

I totally agree with you mate

shamababes
Newly Registered

So worried

Post by shamababes » Tue May 15, 2012 6:31 am

Last Friday my husband sent an email requesting updates on my EEA2 application. Got a response on Monday requesting my royal mail barcode so the UKBA can locate my application.
Is that the format they use to find our applications or is it that they haven't even looked at my application yet? If it is the latter, I am going to be VERY annoyed.
What if after I had checked that the documents were received by them I had thrown away the receipt? I'd be up €;:/ creek now.
They received on April 23 and THREE weeks later... I get this response.

goodies

Post by goodies » Tue May 15, 2012 8:43 am

Good morning, let's see what today will bring. December applicants fingers fully crossed :D
EEA2 sent 21/12/2011
COA received 19/01/2012
RC ???????????

With God all things are possible.

Samelamin
Member of Standing
Sudan

Post by Samelamin » Tue May 15, 2012 9:51 am

I really have a good feeling about this week :)
COA received - 18 Jan

eea2raheem

Post by eea2raheem » Tue May 15, 2012 12:37 pm

Still no information available for my item in royal mail tracking ...

---------------
Sent: 29 Dec 2011
COA: 20 Jan 2012
RC : Held at dispatch department at 10 May 2012 (email from HO)

horizon1985

Post by horizon1985 » Tue May 15, 2012 12:43 pm

Samelamin wrote:I really have a good feeling about this week :)

Hi,
I have similar situation.
EEA2 applied = 20 December 2011
COA received= 23 January 2012
Still waiting for RC.
But there is one more problem with me that my passport has been expired in the possession of Home office. I have heard from people that they issue RC on A4 size paper which seems to me a hassle in travelling abroad. I don't know what would they do in case if application would be successful :?

Samelamin
Member of Standing
Sudan

Post by Samelamin » Tue May 15, 2012 1:02 pm

horizon1985 wrote:

Hi,
Still waiting for RC.
But there is one more problem with me that my passport has been expired in the possession of Home office. I have heard from people that they issue RC on A4 size paper which seems to me a hassle in travelling abroad. I don't know what would they do in case if application would be successful :?

I am worried about travelling with an RC on A4 too but

But border officials should know a thing or 2 about RCs, atleast I hope they will. To be safe ill carry my marriage cert and a print out from the website to prove it
COA received - 18 Jan

horizon1985

Post by horizon1985 » Tue May 15, 2012 1:13 pm

Samelamin wrote:
horizon1985 wrote:

Hi,
Still waiting for RC.

I am worried about travelling with an RC on A4 too but

But border officials should know a thing or 2 about RCs, atleast I hope they will. To be safe ill carry my marriage cert and a print out from the website to prove it
Yes but I is really irritating to explain at every immigration control and embassies about this RC is paper form. Home office should not issue anything like that which can create problem for RC card holder. I going to Turkey to visit my friend very soon after having RC. Do you think that I will face any problem in getting visa and travelling to Turkey? Moreover I pray for everyone who is waiting for their RC. I hope we all get good results this week. GOOD LUCK