ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How does actual PEO happens wrt case worker ....

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

apsaps

How does actual PEO happens wrt case worker ....

Post by apsaps » Mon May 14, 2012 11:52 pm

Hi Friends,

I have PEO appointment for ILR on Wednesday so just thought to take idea about how does actual appoinment happens that is do we sit opposite to case worker with our documents and case worker asks for documents one by one based on his/her need.

I have 6-7 files with various documents - will I be allowed to keep all with me whilst sitting with case worker.

If any one has idea , please share probably who have been recently successful.

Please share max knowledge around the same.

Thanks
APS

selva

Re: How does actual PEO happens wrt case worker ....

Post by selva » Tue May 15, 2012 7:20 am

apsaps wrote:Hi Friends,

I have PEO appointment for ILR on Wednesday so just thought to take idea about how does actual appoinment happens that is do we sit opposite to case worker with our documents and case worker asks for documents one by one based on his/her need.

yes, you would be sitting in front of case worker and case worker will ask only needed documents

I have 6-7 files with various documents - will I be allowed to keep all with me whilst sitting with case worker.

yes, you can keep as many as you like

If any one has idea , please share probably who have been recently successful.

Please share max knowledge around the same.

Thanks
APS

apsaps

Post by apsaps » Tue May 15, 2012 7:34 am

thanks selva..

joh892

Post by joh892 » Tue May 15, 2012 8:59 am

I would suggest you prepare the necessary documents separately e.g. proof of cohabitation, you can have like five different letters or documents in one folder, payslips and banks statements in another. This helps should the caseworker ask you to pass on your application and supporting documents for them to look at them behind the bars. Again by being prepared and submitting the relevant documents only speeds up the application process.

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Tue May 15, 2012 9:44 am

It also depends which PEO you are going to, especially in Croydon they no longer let you sit in front of the window. What they have been doing recently is they take all documents and ask the applicant to go out (or stay in the PEO if he wishes) for 2 hours.

But in other PEOs (especially in Solihull as I have been there in April), you are called at a window and the case worker asks for different documents one by one, and asks you to pay the fee only once he is happy to process your application. (Most of the times, they even tell you that ‘your application has been approved and you can now pay the fee’).

apsaps

Post by apsaps » Tue May 15, 2012 10:09 am

Appt at : Croydon
Time : Tomorrow Morning.

The approach I have taken is :

1.) Folder 1 - One set of main application form and all originals documents related to main applicant incl photographs.

2.) Folder 2 - Photocopies of above documents.

3.) Third folder - for cohab docs like bank statements , letters , rent agreement , council tax , edf bills in proper order and photocopies of the same.

4.) Fourth folder for cohab docs like salary slips - and also photocopy.

5.)Fifth is Miscelleneous folder - which has photocopy of each passpport page and biometric card for myself and dependent.

Since I have appointment for 3 ( incl son) and wish to apply for 2 that is myself and wife ..I have both version of application forms 1st consists of details of myself and wife - If they don't agree with this , I have other set with son details ready and his docs too.

Hope all goes well and I get chance to share good news with you all tomorrow.

Let me know, if I am still missing anything

Thanks,
APS

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Tue May 15, 2012 10:14 am

Good Luck for your appointment apsaps !

apsaps

Post by apsaps » Tue May 15, 2012 10:16 am

Thank you very much Dear Linkers !