ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Restricted COS allocation

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

G_NL
Newly Registered

Restricted COS allocation

Post by G_NL » Mon May 14, 2012 10:26 am

Hi,

Does anyone know whether the allocation of restricted COS has been completed for the Month of May? It is mentioned in the UKBA website that the allocation was planned for 11-May. But my employer says that it has not been assigned yet to me.. I am a bit worried here..

Regards,
G

G_NL
Newly Registered

Post by G_NL » Mon May 14, 2012 12:28 pm

Little more info..
My application score is 50 points (the minimum point score = 32)

Elaine_London
Newly Registered

Post by Elaine_London » Mon May 14, 2012 1:33 pm

I am also quite interested as I will be in the same boat next month..I have seen on some solicitors' and universities' websites that UKBA informs sponsors within 5 working days of the decison made during the allocation panel, i.e. the 11th plus 5 working days.

orthodoc
India

Post by orthodoc » Tue May 15, 2012 1:24 am

Even I would be interested to know if someone has been allotted a restricted COS for the month of May. My employer told me that I will be getting mine by 18 th of this month. Keeping my fingers crossed.

G_NL
Newly Registered

Post by G_NL » Tue May 15, 2012 10:49 am

orthodoc wrote:Even I would be interested to know if someone has been allotted a restricted COS for the month of May. My employer told me that I will be getting mine by 18 th of this month. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Can you post here when your CoS is allocated? I will do the same as well.

Regards,
G

orthodoc
India

Post by orthodoc » Tue May 15, 2012 12:09 pm

G_NL wrote:
orthodoc wrote:Even I would be interested to know if someone has been allotted a restricted COS for the month of May. My employer told me that I will be getting mine by 18 th of this month. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Can you post here when your CoS is allocated? I will do the same as well.

Regards,
G
Sure mate, will post here as soon as I receive mine.

G_NL
Newly Registered

Post by G_NL » Tue May 15, 2012 4:03 pm

I received mine today.. Getting ready for the next big step..

boarder

Post by boarder » Tue May 15, 2012 4:28 pm

i heard that my employer received their allocation last week.

but now they claim that i will not get confirmation until the 11th of June because apparently the CoS can not be submitted until the 5th June, and that is how long the Home Office takes to give approval.

is this right?

G_NL
Newly Registered

Post by G_NL » Tue May 15, 2012 5:49 pm

Your employer is right. The next CoS allocation date is 11-June.
The application can be submitted until 05-June and UKBA allocates it on 11-Jun.

orthodoc
India

Post by orthodoc » Thu May 17, 2012 10:59 am

G_NL wrote:I received mine today.. Getting ready for the next big step..
HI,
Hopefully I will be getting mine by today evening. So have you gone ahead and applied for visa? The ukba site has recently updated their march processing times, which I found were significantly longer compared to February. Besides its highly variable, spending on where you are applying. All the best for the next big step.

G_NL
Newly Registered

Post by G_NL » Thu May 17, 2012 5:15 pm

Hi,

I wish you get your allocation done soon. I am applying from The Netherlands on Tuesday. Where are you applying from?

Regards,
G

orthodoc
India

Post by orthodoc » Wed May 23, 2012 1:24 am

G_NL wrote:Hi,

I wish you get your allocation done soon. I am applying from The Netherlands on Tuesday. Where are you applying from?

Regards,
G
Hi, finally got my COS on Monday. Got an appointment for visa app on Wednesday. Applying from India. You must be done with your application. All the best. Reading some of the experiences here, I am worried, just hoping for the best.

G_NL
Newly Registered

Post by G_NL » Wed May 23, 2012 9:21 am

Great! I think it's better to close the thread here and take rest of our conversations to PM before the mods come screaming at us :)

orthodoc
India

Post by orthodoc » Wed May 23, 2012 11:07 am

G_NL wrote:Great! I think it's better to close the thread here and take rest of our conversations to PM before the mods come screaming at us :)
Agreed, even I was thinking so, only thing I was concerned was that often people on forums are not used to checking their pm inbox. So I ll pm you any further updates.