ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Receiving the documents back by Airmail - Worried :(

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Ashwin2005

Receiving the documents back by Airmail - Worried :(

Post by Ashwin2005 » Tue Sep 27, 2005 1:46 pm

Arranging the courier pickup had some complications as some courier companies would not pick up the documents unless sender signs the Airway bill.

My documents have been despatched by Airmail last week. I ordered a book from Amazon.co.uk and this was despatched the same day, and I have received the book. However I have not received my documents.

I am spending sleepless nights, as I have not received my documents so far. If my originals are lost, it will be almost like losing my life!

Now I wonder if I should have opted for courier pickup and handled those complications.

I am so much worried. Any one in similar situations?
Last edited by Ashwin2005 on Sat Oct 01, 2005 1:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.

rohit11
Newly Registered

Post by rohit11 » Tue Sep 27, 2005 2:12 pm

Ashwin,

You should be receiving docs. As Amazon might have used courier service, you would have received those fast.

When did you come to know that your decesion has been made? How do you get the choice to opt for getting letter's by email? Within how many days your decesion was made?

Ashwin2005

Post by Ashwin2005 » Tue Sep 27, 2005 3:49 pm

rohit11,

Thanks for your response.

My documents make a big parcel, and there might have been some security check on the way somewhere.. I hope that I will receive the documents tomorrow.

At the time of submitting our application, if we dont specifically mention that we want to arrange a courier pickup, the default option is Airmail delivery.

In my case, the decison has been made in about three weeks time.
Last edited by Ashwin2005 on Wed Sep 28, 2005 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ashwin2005

Post by Ashwin2005 » Tue Sep 27, 2005 7:28 pm

According to Royalmail, they aim to deliver Airmail to European destinations within three working days and worldwide within five.

Not sure if we have to track our mails as per the time estimates provided by Royalmail

bani

Post by bani » Tue Sep 27, 2005 8:41 pm

Ashwin2005 wrote:According to Royalmail, they aim to deliver Airmail to European destinations within three working days and worldwide within five.

Not sure if we have to track our mails as per the time estimates provided by Royalmail
it really depends which country you are waiting at. mine took 2 weeks+ to be delivered to me last year (southeast asia), and it really felt like the longest wait. i even had our postman watching out for it at the city's main post office, which made me feel more at ease.

they should really allow courier collection by now though. or post the documents back by registered mail. for £335 per application, they can afford it!

just hang in there and try to distract yourself with other things :).

Ashwin2005

Post by Ashwin2005 » Thu Sep 29, 2005 12:42 pm

Thanks Bani, for your comforting words.

I am within Europe, seven days completed after the despatch. I have not yet received the documents.

I am so much worried. The package has my degree certificates, marksheets, all my experience certificates, my wife's degree certificate, my marriage certificate....

What could be the reason for the delay in delivery, could it be because it may be a big parcel (about 2 kg including my binder) and Airlines may do some extra security check before sending..?

simar

Post by simar » Thu Sep 29, 2005 2:08 pm

I can understand the way you must be feeling. The whole world stops for you. All the other household work, even work place work come under strain due to unknown fear. I have gone through same phase. I even make many trips to post office. Meet the postman. Promise him to give good tip etc.
My document did reach safely. But this was my fourth attempt and And than god it was successful.
But in my second attempt, I lost all the documents. Have to go through FIR ( police report) , Get new duplicate degree certificates for me & my wife from the university. That was hell time for me.
Now I am flying to UK next week

Ashwin2005

Post by Ashwin2005 » Thu Sep 29, 2005 2:23 pm

Simar,

You are exactly right. The whole world has stopped for me. I am not able to concentrate on anything. If the documents are lost, it may take many months or even years to get the duplicates.

Congratulations on your successful application. 4 attempts and in the second attempt you lost the documents.. You must be really a determined person. Anyone would have given up. Wish you all the best Simar in your life and career.

By the way, which country you are from, how many days it took for the Airmail (documents & decision letter) to reach you?

simar

Post by simar » Fri Sep 30, 2005 6:22 am

I am from delhi,india.. And I guess it takes around 8-15 days for airmail packet to get delivered.

rohit11
Newly Registered

Post by rohit11 » Sat Oct 01, 2005 11:29 am

Ashwin,

Have you received documents finally? How many days it took. I am also worried as my documents have been sent by airmail. I dont know how many days it would take to reach mumbai. They have been dispatched on Monday.

Ashwin2005

Post by Ashwin2005 » Sat Oct 01, 2005 12:31 pm

rohit11,

I have not yet received the documents. I am so much worried. I am afraid that my documents might have been lost in the transit. I am closely watching the mail delivery every day.

Let us know when you receive your documents. You mentioned that your documents were posted on Monday. Is that 24/9/2005?

shazlee

who to blame

Post by shazlee » Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:41 am

It very difficult to watch your career sinking. HO sent my documents by airmail on 26/Oct/06. After a month I have no clue. Postman has no idea what could be the reason, other than its lost. HO team sent email that I should not panic until 12 weeks of period.

Did any one have experience of having paper received after a month of dispatch?? I will be happy to know.

I just lost my all original set of documents, I lost my complete identity !!!!!

hari15
Member of Standing

Post by hari15 » Tue Nov 28, 2006 11:01 am

There is one option in RoyalMail called "international signed for"

It will go as Registered post to any abroad country. It use to get handled in priority within UK i.e, it will leave UK in 1 day and will become as registered post once reached abroad and will be delivered only on signature. This will cost only £5 . Airmail will cost 1£. Just 4£ difference

I dont know why home office not using that

They are getting £315 pounds, cant they use some good postal setvice?

If they ask £5 pounds extra for that registered post and make the fee as £320 will anybody going to say no?

Why the hell the royal mail using airmail, only god knows

jd
Member of Standing

Re: who to blame

Post by jd » Tue Nov 28, 2006 11:19 am

Hi shazlee,

My docs were dispatched on 02/11 and I got them on 15/11 in Islamabad.
Thanks god!

U should get ur docs back y now! y don't u check from GPO Sialkot?

JD
shazlee wrote:It very difficult to watch your career sinking. HO sent my documents by airmail on 26/Oct/06. After a month I have no clue. Postman has no idea what could be the reason, other than its lost. HO team sent email that I should not panic until 12 weeks of period.

Did any one have experience of having paper received after a month of dispatch?? I will be happy to know.

I just lost my all original set of documents, I lost my complete identity !!!!!

shazlee

Re: who to blame

Post by shazlee » Sat Dec 02, 2006 11:18 am

Thanks JD, so what is your plan. Are you planning for review?

What was sender address in your mail from HO? What was color of envelop?
That might be helpful in case I visit next time GPO

I was in KSA since 2001, I resigned last month and came back to Pakistan this week.
I visited GPO Sialkot. But no luck. They said, all is I have to wait, and see if I am lucky. They have no idea of any possible reason of this long delay. They simply say, “Why my sender uses airmail for documents of this type (why not registered mail)”. I am thinking to visit Islamabad GPO and find inside man to get help.

Lost of Docs are more painful than rejection of HSMP application.

A new copy of those docs are not easy for me.
--I took my engineering from Manila in 1995. !!! Original degree and Graduation certificate.
--My first job was with a Italian company in a project, and that company left Pakistan after project. !!! Working certificate.
--Working Certificate of 2nd company in KSA!!! Two international training certificates.

This all will cost me a hell money and long time.

carzen
Newly Registered

dispatched on 14th nov-06-not yet received

Post by carzen » Sat Dec 02, 2006 6:17 pm

my docs were dispatched on 14th november
still i have not received-------from INDIA(hyderabad)
what to do.........................

shazlee

6 weeks now !!!!

Post by shazlee » Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:08 am

After passing 6 long weeks I did not find my original Docs :(

Dear Ashwin2005 and rohit11 did you got your docs back ?

shazlee

Post by shazlee » Sat Dec 09, 2006 6:48 am

I got email from HO office yesterday.
-----------------------------------------
Dear Applicant
Your letter and documents were sent to you by airmail on 21/11/2006. Please allow 12 weeks to be received.
Regards
HSMP Team
------------------------------

On 1st/Nov/2006 I got

------------------------------------------
Dear XXXX,
Thank you for your email.
Your HSMP application has been processed, and your decision letter and documents have been despatched by airmail on 26th October 2006.
Kind regards,
Work Permits (UK)

--------------------------------------

I wonder where were my docs fron 26/Oct/2006 to 21/Nov/2006gg :?
I sent mail to HO about it.