ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 (PSW) processing times

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

placebo
Newly Registered

Post by placebo » Mon May 14, 2012 11:31 pm

I'm guessing that i'm the unluckiest one in this topic since I have been waiting for my documents and BRP since 3rd of March... and applied on the 20th of Jan. :(

moirareggie

Post by moirareggie » Tue May 15, 2012 12:47 am

placebo wrote:I'm guessing that i'm the unluckiest one in this topic since I have been waiting for my documents and BRP since 3rd of March... and applied on the 20th of Jan. :(
Look through the forum for a way to contact UKBA. That is a totally unacceptable waiting time.

antony.sunny
Newly Registered

Post by antony.sunny » Tue May 15, 2012 1:13 am

I have filed a complaint through the ukba site. waiting for their response, hopefully, we would get some reply.

smuhammad84
Newly Registered

Post by smuhammad84 » Tue May 15, 2012 7:16 am

Heeheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeyyyyyyyy, I've got my documents back today :))))))) Biometrics on 19th March..... BRP sooooooooooooooon ))))))))))))))

breakingaway
Newly Registered

Post by breakingaway » Tue May 15, 2012 9:25 am

Not as long as poor Placebo (sorry mate) but I did my biometrics on March 16th and have heard nothing since.
My job is giving me until the end of this month to get my visa.....
Trying to stay positive.

jinxkal
Newly Registered

Post by jinxkal » Tue May 15, 2012 9:36 am

jinxkal wrote:Hi guys.. Seriously waiting for this visa is longggggg...Heres my timeline

Application sent 30 JAN,2012
Acknowledgement received 13 FEB, 2012
Biometric letter received 17 MARCH dated 15 MARCH, 2012
Biometrics given 21 MARCH (St Aldates Oxford)
BRP- JUST RECEIVED MY BRP CARD TODAY (15 MAY)
Documents - still waiting

Seriously I dont know what to expect now. Anybody knows if there is a number i could call and ask. Maybe got lost or something. Who knows...
Got my BRP! Now waiting for the docks.. How long for the docks? Another 2 months or something?

RenuRamesh
Newly Registered

Working while waiting for psw

Post by RenuRamesh » Tue May 15, 2012 9:39 am

I have enrolled for biometrics on 14th April. I guess I might get my docs and brp by the beginning of next month.
I have got a job offer and my employer wants me to join by next week. :(
My student visa has already expired. As I have applied for psw while holding a valid visa, my immigration status is still considered as 'Tier 4-student'.

I know that students can work for a maximum of 4 months after course completion. Will this apply for me in this situation?
Is it possible to start a full-time contract job while waiting for my psw? If yes, how long can be the contract? Please advice...

kashyapgada

Post by kashyapgada » Tue May 15, 2012 9:49 am

No Buddy, You ll get it soon. Happy that things starting to progress from today.
jinxkal wrote:
jinxkal wrote:Hi guys.. Seriously waiting for this visa is longggggg...Heres my timeline

Seriously I dont know what to expect now. Anybody knows if there is a number i could call and ask. Maybe got lost or something. Who knows...
Got my BRP! Now waiting for the docks.. How long for the docks? Another 2 months or something?

kartik_r
BANNED

Post by kartik_r » Tue May 15, 2012 10:15 am

kashyapgada wrote:No Buddy, You ll get it soon. Happy that things starting to progress from today.
jinxkal wrote:

Did you receive any letter in post last week. I mean, Visa approval letter ? Or did you straight away received the BRP Card. I have known form posts that many plp receive docs and Visa approval letter first and BRP card follow later ( in a week or so).. Having said that few get BRP first and docs later..

don't they have a regular procedure, why do they mess up things.. and do this as they like. they have no one to rule them, that's why they've a thought kind of 'Monopoly'... one man show..

lazy pigs they're MATE.. any ways, congrats to you.. Hope docs on its way

Cheers,

3April
Newly Registered

Timeline

Post by 3April » Tue May 15, 2012 10:23 am

Application Made: 3rd April 2012
Acknowledgement Received: Not yet
Fee Debited: 9th May 2012

Anyone in a similar timeframe?

kashyapgada

time line

Post by kashyapgada » Tue May 15, 2012 10:59 am

Application Made 24 Feb 2012
Biometric Made 28th March 2012, Letter Dated 27th March
BRP +++WAITING
DOCS WAITING

kartik_r
BANNED

Re: time line

Post by kartik_r » Tue May 15, 2012 11:16 am

kashyapgada wrote:Application Made 24 Feb 2012
Biometric Made 28th March 2012, Letter Dated 27th March
BRP +++WAITING
DOCS WAITING
Application made : 10th Feb 2012
Acknowledgement letter dt : 14th Feb 2012
Bio-metric dt : 18th Apr 2012
Bio-metric letter received in post : 23 Apr 2012
bio metric registered in post office : on the same day 24 th apr 2012

Nothing received as of now.?

My timeline is longer than yours, but your bio metric is one month earlier to me , which is good for you..

kbs0425
Newly Registered

Post by kbs0425 » Tue May 15, 2012 11:19 am

Applied on: 26th January
Acknowledgement Letter: 31st January (Dated 27th)
Biometrics given at Old Street post office: 28th March (somehow, between the acknowledgement letter and the BRP letter, the UKBA changed my address in their system. The first letter was sent in early March, though I never received it. I called them--would highly recommend anyone do this to check if they have not received their BRP letter after a significant period of time---and after waiting on hold for 2 hours and speaking to three different rude people, finally had it resent to the correct address)
BRP: waiting
Documents: waiting

jinxkal
Newly Registered

Post by jinxkal » Tue May 15, 2012 11:41 am

kartik_r wrote:
kashyapgada wrote:No Buddy, You ll get it soon. Happy that things starting to progress from today.
jinxkal wrote:

Did you receive any letter in post last week. I mean, Visa approval letter ? Or did you straight away received the BRP Card. I have known form posts that many plp receive docs and Visa approval letter first and BRP card follow later ( in a week or so).. Having said that few get BRP first and docs later..

don't they have a regular procedure, why do they mess up things.. and do this as they like. they have no one to rule them, that's why they've a thought kind of 'Monopoly'... one man show..

lazy pigs they're MATE.. any ways, congrats to you.. Hope docs on its way

Cheers,
Hey! Thanks guys.. Well i got the BRP and it says if i didn get the letter in advance before the card, most likely I will get it later.

kjkansas
Newly Registered

Re: Timeline and advice

Post by kjkansas » Tue May 15, 2012 12:09 pm

oxb1988 wrote:
kjkansas wrote:Here's my timeline:

18 January -- sent in application
20 January -- application received by UKBA
24 January -- acknowledgement letter dated
25 January -- funds taken from bank account
27 January -- received acknowledgement letter
28 February -- biometrics letter dated
10 March -- biometrics letter received (notice the HUGE gap in receiving the letter)
12 March -- biometrics attempted; when I got to the post office I realized they put a Mr. on my application instead of a Miss and that mistake meant I had to call for ANOTHER biometrics letter to be sent out -- supposedly takes a week.
17 March -- NEW biometrics letter received with correct salutation
20 March -- biometrics submitted at Old Street post office in London

Nothing since! Pretty nice timeline, huh?

Also, to those people who are saying they can't work or be productive while they wait... you do know you can work in a temporary position as many hours as you want, right? So you could work 40 hours a week in a restaurant if you wanted, for example? I mean, obviously it isn't ideal, but you can at least be making money!!

Judging from how in January it took FIVE DAYS for the fee to be taken and now it's taking a MONTH in some cases... you might be waiting awhile for that visa. As long as you applied before your student visa expired, you are free to work in the UK as many hours as you'd like (given that you're done with your studies) in a temporary, fixed-term, or contract position.
When saying people can work while waiting for a visa don't forget that in order to GET a job, you HAVE to show them your passport and visa!! people don't have their passports and visas - therefore no one will give them job! I was lucky to get a temp job just before sending my passport to UKBA... however since then I had lots of opportunities to get a better job, but had to reject them as I have no passport!
If you have copies of your documents -- which you SHOULD, since it would be really silly not to make copies of everything before you sent it all in -- you can give those to your employer and they should be able to check with the UKBA that you have a standing application with them. I gave in my PSW application acknowledgement letter along with the copies of my old visa and my passport, and I've been working on a fixed-term basis at what will become my full-time permanent job once I receive the visa.

Just because you don't have the original documents does not mean you can't work. Any employer who says this is wrong.

sbar
Newly Registered

Post by sbar » Tue May 15, 2012 12:33 pm

Redempless wrote:
Tier 4 wrote:
sbar wrote: Guys I need some assistance, my father had a paralysis attack yesterday and is hospitalised. I want to reach India ASAP I can't rely on Visa, do I need to call UKBA or if anybody knows anything about emergency travel document. It would be a real help if you guys can suggest something. Many Thnaks in advance
Well I would say the best course of action is to involve your local MP.

How to find you local MP:
http://findyourmp.parliament.uk/

Write a brief and formal email with details about your educational career and you future plans, especially the investment you laid in Britain for you study and finally draw the conclusion about how one simple PSW application process holding every thing in pause.

Trust me it will work as few of my friends did and their applications dealt more swiftly.

Very nice advise , really appreciated...bro go for this option and this will really work for sure....
Thank you so much for your advise... much appreciated I would definetely try it today and hopefully things work out for me that ways. I am very hopeful with this advise, Now I can see some light at the end of the tunnel.

RenuRamesh
Newly Registered

Re: Timeline and advice

Post by RenuRamesh » Tue May 15, 2012 1:08 pm

kjkansas wrote:
oxb1988 wrote:
kjkansas wrote:Here's my timeline:

18 January -- sent in application
20 January -- application received by UKBA
24 January -- acknowledgement letter dated
25 January -- funds taken from bank account
27 January -- received acknowledgement letter
28 February -- biometrics letter dated
10 March -- biometrics letter received (notice the HUGE gap in receiving the letter)
12 March -- biometrics attempted; when I got to the post office I realized they put a Mr. on my application instead of a Miss and that mistake meant I had to call for ANOTHER biometrics letter to be sent out -- supposedly takes a week.
17 March -- NEW biometrics letter received with correct salutation
20 March -- biometrics submitted at Old Street post office in London

Nothing since! Pretty nice timeline, huh?

Also, to those people who are saying they can't work or be productive while they wait... you do know you can work in a temporary position as many hours as you want, right? So you could work 40 hours a week in a restaurant if you wanted, for example? I mean, obviously it isn't ideal, but you can at least be making money!!

Judging from how in January it took FIVE DAYS for the fee to be taken and now it's taking a MONTH in some cases... you might be waiting awhile for that visa. As long as you applied before your student visa expired, you are free to work in the UK as many hours as you'd like (given that you're done with your studies) in a temporary, fixed-term, or contract position.
When saying people can work while waiting for a visa don't forget that in order to GET a job, you HAVE to show them your passport and visa!! people don't have their passports and visas - therefore no one will give them job! I was lucky to get a temp job just before sending my passport to UKBA... however since then I had lots of opportunities to get a better job, but had to reject them as I have no passport!
If you have copies of your documents -- which you SHOULD, since it would be really silly not to make copies of everything before you sent it all in -- you can give those to your employer and they should be able to check with the UKBA that you have a standing application with them. I gave in my PSW application acknowledgement letter along with the copies of my old visa and my passport, and I've been working on a fixed-term basis at what will become my full-time permanent job once I receive the visa.

Just because you don't have the original documents does not mean you can't work. Any employer who says this is wrong.
Thank you so much for this post... My psw application is in process. I am offered a fixed-time contract job (for 2 years - till my psw visa expires) and the employer wants me to join next week. Your post guides me what I need to do... Thanks again :)

kashyapgada

HI

Post by kashyapgada » Tue May 15, 2012 1:18 pm

I am really sorry for guys who have suffered more, I am really sorry. And only can wish you guys that things get sorted soon and we all get our smiles back...till then just keep checking the forum for updates.

sevakian
Newly Registered

URGENT HELP PLZ

Post by sevakian » Tue May 15, 2012 1:43 pm

Guys...

All I've been reading from you is that you applied in Feb, March, sometimes even Jan and you still don't have your documents.

I applied from Beirut, Lebanon, through Worldbridge services, where you have to pay in cash, do your biometrics and give in your application, and everything gets sent on the same day and they give you a tracking number. I did this on April 2 and of course there is no reply yet.

Is this the same as yours? Is it normal? the website says it should take up to 3 working weeks, max 6 working weeks etc.. Is it normal for someone to stay without their passport for 6 weeks?

Whats going on here?

redpepper140
Newly Registered

FYI

Post by redpepper140 » Tue May 15, 2012 1:46 pm

Hi guys,

This is the email and postal address given on ukba website to complain about their service or conduct.
Email: UKBACustomerComplaints@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk - they are likely to respond more quickly if you send your complaint by email;

Postal address:
UKBA Complaints Allocation Hub
Lunar House
Wellesley Road
Croydon
CR9 2BY

They cannot respond to correspondence sent to any of these addresses unless they are complaints about their service or conduct.

shresta
Newly Registered

psw processing times

Post by shresta » Tue May 15, 2012 2:13 pm

hello guys!! i had done my biometrics on on 23rd march and still waiting for documents and brp.if any1 has gt their documents and brp please update.can any1 suggest when i can expect my documents and brp back. :(

RRRRR
Newly Registered

Re: psw processing times

Post by RRRRR » Tue May 15, 2012 2:24 pm

[quote="shresta"]hello guys!! i had done my biometrics on on 23rd march and still waiting for documents and brp.if any1 has gt their documents and brp please update.can any1 suggest when i can expect my documents and brp back. :([/quote

I had applied PSW on 16 FEb 2012
Biometrics - 23 March
Docs- not received
BRP-not recevied

I have already wasted £400 pound on flights tickets and want to go home asap .Plz help me

RRRRR
Newly Registered

Post by RRRRR » Tue May 15, 2012 2:26 pm

hii guys

I had applied PSW on 16 FEb 2012
Biometrics - 23 March
Docs- not received
BRP-not recevied

I have already wasted £400 pound on flights tickets and want to go home asap .Plz help me
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

RRRRR
Newly Registered

Post by RRRRR » Tue May 15, 2012 2:28 pm

I went to ukba office yesterday they are saying it will take more 4 weeks as they have huge backlog....... :cry: :cry:

kashyapgada

Post by kashyapgada » Tue May 15, 2012 2:31 pm

RRRRR wrote:I went to ukba office yesterday they are saying it will take more 4 weeks as they have huge backlog....... :cry: :cry:

more 4 weeks or more than that?