ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 (General) in-person applications only - PEO IT issues

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

prisat
Member of Standing

Post by prisat » Thu May 10, 2012 3:00 pm

Virtuose wrote:
lizzier wrote:Some news - they've cancelled afternoon appointments for the next 3 weeks...
That's great! Now I belive they will be dealing with our applications!) Thanks!
Thats gross man.... Other peeps appointments are on the fly !!!!!!!!
AND
They will have to wait for weeks to get appointment and what if their VISA will expire in a week ????

UKBA is fun and with Olympics :) UKBA will more of fun 8)
Last edited by prisat on Thu May 10, 2012 3:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Disclaimer :

I am not from a law firm or an attorney who provide Consultation for Immigration to UK.
Information that i provide is not the same as legal advice or legal advises. Use the message (s) and information at your own risk.

sivakkumarkr
Newly Registered

Post by sivakkumarkr » Thu May 10, 2012 3:01 pm

Hi Ish,

No I havent heard anything from them till now. Still waiting for the call.
Its really painstaking to wait for their call without any updates on our application.

Cheers

Ish
Newly Registered

Post by Ish » Thu May 10, 2012 4:30 pm

I have not heard anything after 25th May, Thinking of going to croydon office and check what's going on.

sivakkumarkr
Newly Registered

Post by sivakkumarkr » Fri May 11, 2012 9:50 am

Dear All,

Could you please update if you have received any calls.

Thanks Guys for your continued support.

Cheers
Sivakkumar K R

Virtuose
Newly Registered

Post by Virtuose » Fri May 11, 2012 4:25 pm

Virtuose wrote:1. Current vignette: Tier 1 (General)
2. Date of expiry of current leave (visa) : April 2012
3. Number of applicants: 2
4. Home Office Location: Croydon
5. Time of appointment: 9:45 am
6. Date of Appointment attended: 25 April 2012
7. Reason given by case worker: Biometric results pending. All other details fine.
8. If call received, date of call received:<awaiting>
9. Date Passport, Documents and letter of approval received: Documents were returned on 25th itself, awaiting Passports and letter of approval
10. Date (new) leave to remain valid from: <awaiting>
11. Date BRP received: <awaiting>
Got a call from Ukba 2 days ago. Today collected my passport along with the letter stating that my application was approved on 9 May. Good luck!

sivakkumarkr
Newly Registered

Post by sivakkumarkr » Fri May 11, 2012 4:36 pm

Hi Virtuose,
Can you please tell me how do we approach the PEO Croydon office to collect the passport . Do you need to show any proofs or how do we approach the Return of Documents desk.

Thanks,
Sivakkumar K R

Virtuose
Newly Registered

Post by Virtuose » Fri May 11, 2012 5:31 pm

Just make sure u have the receipt & that piece of paper you were given at the day of your appointment with your ref. number on it ....the receipt should be stapled to this small piece of paper. This ref. number should be given to the officer/HO assistant once your passport has been returned to u. Hope it helps.
sivakkumarkr wrote:Hi Virtuose,
Can you please tell me how do we approach the PEO Croydon office to collect the passport . Do you need to show any proofs or how do we approach the Return of Documents desk.

Thanks,
Sivakkumar K R

chathul

Post by chathul » Fri May 11, 2012 7:25 pm

Virtuose wrote:
2. Date of expiry of current leave (visa) : April 2012
3. Number of applicants: 2
5. Time of appointment: 9:45 am
6. Date of Appointment attended: 25 April 2012
7. Reason given by case worker: Biometric results pending. All other details fine.
8. If call received, date of call received:<awaiting>
9. Date Passport, Documents and letter of approval received: Documents were returned on 25th itself, awaiting Passports and letter of approval
Got a call from Ukba 2 days ago. Today collected my passport along with the letter stating that my application was approved on 9 May. Good luck!
Hi

I collected my passport on Tuesday and I too got letter. But there is no mention about approval of my application and it states that I will get my BRP in 5-7 working day. Dose this means that I should have received another letter? Please advise.

Virtuose
Newly Registered

Post by Virtuose » Fri May 11, 2012 7:31 pm

[quote="chathul"][quote="Virtuose"][quote="Virtuose"]1. Current vignette: Tier 1 (General)
2. Date of expiry of current leave (visa) : April 2

Quoting "Thank you for your application which has now been approved. I am returning the enclosed passport(s) and other documents which you provided in support of your application. Your ..... (BRP) will be sent to you under separate cover......"

sivakkumarkr
Newly Registered

Post by sivakkumarkr » Fri May 11, 2012 7:45 pm

Thanks Virtuso.. I have not yet received any call yet , but would it be any use to go and check if our passport has been returned without the call ..

Thanks
Sivakkumar K R

Virtuose
Newly Registered

Post by Virtuose » Fri May 11, 2012 7:59 pm

[quote="sivakkumarkr"]Thanks Virtuso.. I have not yet received any call yet , but would it be any use to go and check if our passport has been returned without the call ..

Thanks
Sivakkumar K R[/quote

i dont think so.....if your passport had been returned (application considered) it would be already sent to you directly via post. especially if you didnt ask them to call you.....Usually they don't bother to call u and send your docs out to u via post. Thats my understanding from what i've been heard from people since the day of my appointment on 25th April.

sivakkumarkr
Newly Registered

Post by sivakkumarkr » Fri May 11, 2012 8:04 pm

Thanks Virtuso. I did ask the Case Worker to call me and I live in Croydon and I said to the case worker that I would prefer to collect my documents in the ROD desk . He wrote in the receipt to collect at the ROD desk. So was thinking if that would be of any use.

Thanks

Virtuose
Newly Registered

Post by Virtuose » Fri May 11, 2012 8:16 pm

sivakkumarkr wrote:Thanks Virtuso. I did ask the Case Worker to call me and I live in Croydon and I said to the case worker that I would prefer to collect my documents in the ROD desk . He wrote in the receipt to collect at the ROD desk. So was thinking if that would be of any use.

Thanks
Since u r in croydon u can just pop into the luna house to see how it goes with your application.....today in the morning at 9:15 there was nobody on the ground floor......seems there are all busy upstairs considering the outstanding applications...

chathul

Post by chathul » Fri May 11, 2012 8:43 pm

Virtuose wrote:
chathul wrote:
Virtuose wrote:
2. Date of expiry of current leave (visa) : April 2

Quoting "Thank you for your application which has now been approved. I am returning the enclosed passport(s) and other documents which you provided in support of your application. Your ..... (BRP) will be sent to you under separate cover......"
Thanks Virtuose and congratulation!

My letter dose not state that application is approved and rest of the wording is the same. I am not sure this is bcoz that my application was approved on 25th and waiting for CRB check results. They kept my passports and returned all the documents. I guess I will have wait till I get my BRP.

Keep us posted.

Thanks

chathul

Post by chathul » Fri May 11, 2012 8:49 pm

Virtuose wrote:
sivakkumarkr wrote:Thanks Virtuso. I did ask the Case Worker to call me and I live in Croydon and I said to the case worker that I would prefer to collect my documents in the ROD desk . He wrote in the receipt to collect at the ROD desk. So was thinking if that would be of any use.

Thanks
Since u r in croydon u can just pop into the luna house to see how it goes with your application.....today in the morning at 9:15 there was nobody on the ground floor......seems there are all busy upstairs considering the outstanding applications...
I agree with Virtuose as there may be a delay in contacting applicants. I went there on Tuesday morning around 8.45 and seems to be quite too..

mfb123
Newly Registered

Post by mfb123 » Fri May 11, 2012 8:54 pm

Hi Guys,

Does UKBA use UPS for passport or documents deliveries?

Actually I am waiting for my ILR (applied in PEO Cryodon). They gave me a letter required further enquiries.

Today, I wasn't home so a card left from UPS. So i am curious that UKBA use Royal Mail or UPS or both.

Any ideas.
Thanks

sivakkumarkr
Newly Registered

Post by sivakkumarkr » Fri May 11, 2012 10:59 pm

Thanks Virtuso/Chathul. Also is there any timelines by which they give a call back. I mean in the number of days they take to come back to us regarding our application. Also if they have noted our phone numbers do they surely give a call.

Also how long does it take for BRP to come after the visa approval.

Many thanks for all your help,
Sivakkumar K R

ambal
Newly Registered

Approval Letter received finally

Post by ambal » Sat May 12, 2012 1:01 pm

[quote="ambal"]1. Current vignette: Tier 1 (General)
2. Date of expiry of current leave (visa) : Aug 2012
3. Number of applicants: 1
5. Time of appointment: 9:00 am
6. Date of Appointment attended: 5 April 2012
7. Reason given by case worker: Further info required(additional documents to be forwarded to Sheffield ) - {biometric issues that day, Case workers seemed Stressed.
8. If call received, date of ca)ll received:<awaiting>, mail received from case worker@ Sheffield last week saying that further documents were not required and will write back in due course!!STRANGE
9. Date Passport, Documents and letter of approval received: <awaiting>
11. Date BRP received: <awaiting>[/quote]

1. Current vignette: Tier 1 (General)
2. Date of expiry of current leave (visa) : Aug 2012
5. Time of appointment: 9:00 am
6. Date of Appointment attended: 5 April 2012
7. Reason given by case worker: Further info required(additional documents to be forwarded to Sheffield ) - {biometric issues that day, Case workers seemed Stressed. Additional documents sent by post on 7-April-2011
8. If call received, date of call: received:: mail received from case worker@ Sheffield last week saying that further documents were not required and will write back in due course!!STRANGE
9. Date Passport, Documents and letter of approval received: 11-May-2012
11. Date BRP received: <awaiting>[

mfb123
Newly Registered

Post by mfb123 » Sat May 12, 2012 1:38 pm

Congrats Ambal.

Did you receive your documents by royal mail or ups?

Thanks

ambal
Newly Registered

Post by ambal » Sat May 12, 2012 1:44 pm

[quote="mfb123"]Congrats Ambal.

Did you receive your documents by royal mail or ups?

Thanks[/quote]

Thanks,
Since I had sent royal mail special delivery return envelope ( with additional documents), received by royal mail.

IsraGuest
Newly Registered

Application with the refusal team

Post by IsraGuest » Mon May 14, 2012 12:31 pm

Went there once again today - apparently my application was reviewed on May 1st (submitted PEO Croydon April 24th). The application is said to be with the refusal team because of not a large enough amount of points (they did not notice that I submitted the first application before July 19th 2010, so the 75 points they counted were not enough).
They told me that waiting for the refusal team will take a very long time ("many many weeks").

sivakkumarkr
Newly Registered

Post by sivakkumarkr » Mon May 14, 2012 7:45 pm

Dear All,
Did any one get a call from UKBA could you please update?

Many thanks for your help.

Thanks,
Sivakkumar K R

iactcrazy
Newly Registered

Post by iactcrazy » Tue May 15, 2012 9:34 am

No call or update from UKBA as of yet. So now, its been a little over a week.

FedUp100
Newly Registered

I don't like them!

Post by FedUp100 » Tue May 15, 2012 10:18 am

1. Current vignette: Entry visa for child born in UK
2. Date of expiry of current leave (visa) : N/A
5. Time of appointment: 13:00 am
6. Date of Appointment attended: 3 April 2012
7. Reason given by case worker: Bometric Broken, they took documents and said they would call.........
8. If call received, date of call: received: Nothing Yet
9. Date Passport, Documents and letter of approval received: Nothing Yet

Spent 5 hours there with 3 week old baby. Service sucks as they just kept on skipping my numbers and when asked they said I must wait for number. Eventually 5:30pm went again to counter and lady said "Oh yes there is a Problem". They took my documents and said they would call..... Still waiting and it's not a complicate case!

Will for sure write to Ombudsman to get some money back as this is a joke!

sivakkumarkr
Newly Registered

Post by sivakkumarkr » Tue May 15, 2012 4:23 pm

Dear All,

I would want to give you a latest update and my experience today.

I attended Premium Service on 08th May @ Croydon and they collected all my documents and told that my Biometric results are pending and they will call me once my case is reviewed. I had urgent travel plans and hence I told that to the case worker and he was kind to put a note on my front cover of the application saying that Urgent travel. But I have not got call till yesterday. Since I had urgent travel plans and since my home is in Croydon, I decide to go to Croydon UKBA office and see if I can approach the Return of Document desk to see if my documents have come back. I was initially told that I will have to come and collect the documents in Croydon office once my visa is reviewed . I opted for this option than posting since I live close by. I went to the ROD desk and they told that there is a chance that my document would have been sent to Sheffield as they are now moving all the backlog applications to Sheffield. I told that the case worker did put a note that i urgent travel plans and requested them if there is a way they can double check. With the grace of God, they did find my documents and said they will pass it to case worker and requested me to come after 3 hours. I went after 3 hours and to a surprise I got all my documents with the approval letter and was told that my BRP card would reach in 10 working days.

This is my experience, but if your need is urgent then give it a go to the ROD desk and explain your situation and if your documents are there I am sure they will be able to help you on the same day.

Many thanks
Sivakkumar K R