ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Please Help me!!! my interview is WEDNESDAY!!! i am nervious

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

DesperateHousewife
Newly Registered

Please Help me!!! my interview is WEDNESDAY!!! i am nervious

Post by DesperateHousewife » Sun Nov 19, 2006 9:40 pm

hi everyone. i am a bit nervious, wednesday is my interview.
first let me tell you the story.

in 2005 i applied for a student visa in the UK. the visa was granted (the reason i wanted to study was that my partner was living there and i had already been coming and going for about 11 months with tourist visa, my passport is american)

everything was fine, but when i started going to the school i wasnt happy with the classes and they refused to give me my money so i started going to another school but i never contacted immigration (i didnt know i had to)

then i decided that my partner and i qualified to apply to settle in the UK as unmarried partners... problem was, we used an agency to handle our application: lets just say that EVEN MY ADDRESS was wrong. everything about it was wrong. my marital status was wrong, how long my partner and i have been together, anyway... everything!!

the visa was denied. instead of appealing, we hired a solicitor who advised us to apply again. this time we submitted over 250 pages of documents attesting we are together in a relationship akin to marriage. we provided lots of things.

my questions is, what should i expect at the interview? will they be mad because of all the errors my other application had? (i can proof that it was an agency who submitted it) and will they give me problems about the school i stop attending to, even if i did studied at another?

please help me, i am very nervious... i have been unable to go home to my partner and our pets for 7 weeks now... i am very scared. any help is appreciated! thank you.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sun Nov 19, 2006 10:15 pm

Out of interest, where are you being interviewed?
John

DesperateHousewife
Newly Registered

Post by DesperateHousewife » Sun Nov 19, 2006 10:28 pm

why?

DesperateHousewife
Newly Registered

Post by DesperateHousewife » Sun Nov 19, 2006 10:29 pm

John wrote:Out of interest, where are you being interviewed?
in USA, i cant go back to UK

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sun Nov 19, 2006 10:35 pm

As a Moderator on this Board I have the ability to view the IP used when anyone posts. And your IP address is not in the USA. It is not in the UK either, but from a country much nearer to the UK than the US.

So I now ask ... why?
John

DesperateHousewife
Newly Registered

Post by DesperateHousewife » Sun Nov 19, 2006 10:52 pm

John wrote:As a Moderator on this Board I have the ability to view the IP used when anyone posts. And your IP address is not in the USA. It is not in the UK either, but from a country much nearer to the UK than the US.

So I now ask ... why?
ah! yes my partner is french :) and we didnt wanted for me to wait in the US until the appointment came because he can take the eurostar to come to paris (where i am staying with my sister in law until i leave on tuesday morning)

i applied in person for the new application, then i waited about 3 days until they told me that they coupldnt give me an application until after two weeks. the man who contacted me told me i could have either a telephone interview or i could take my passport with me (since i had already shown in person) so i took my passport and i flew to paris the same day.

now i have to go back tuesday... its just easy being here in order to see my partner and since i have a US passport, i can entry france (all of europe but not the UK)

DesperateHousewife
Newly Registered

Post by DesperateHousewife » Sun Nov 19, 2006 11:14 pm

one quick question:

i read that you guys have mock questions of what i may be asked at the interview... where can i find these questions? i have no idea what to expect.

oscgv
Newly Registered

Post by oscgv » Sat Dec 02, 2006 9:17 pm

John wrote:As a Moderator on this Board I have the ability to view the IP used when anyone posts. And your IP address is not in the USA. It is not in the UK either, but from a country much nearer to the UK than the US.

So I now ask ... why?
Why is this relevant? She never mentioned where she is at the moment, I don't understand the meaning or purpose of this post

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sat Dec 02, 2006 11:48 pm

Why is this relevant?
Before I answer that I shall say that I don't think this applies as regards posts in this particular topic. Having made that clear :-

Unfortunately on the internet there are people commonly known as trolls! What does that term mean? That is far better answered by Wikipedia than by me.

Accordingly when a post suggests that a person is in one place but their IP says they are somewhere totally different there is at least a suspicion that we have a troll at work. But in this case there was a totally innocent explanation about the difference.

Do I make a habit of looking at the IP address of postings? Certainly not. But the opening post in this topic gave no clue about where the interview was to take place. And a check on the IP address raised a doubt as to whether a visa application would originate in the circumstances as described. In a later post reference was made to Eurostar and Paris, which does tie up with the IP address used.

Moderators of this Board will attempt to identify trolls and to stop them causing chaos and disruption.

Do people claim to be in one place and actually they are somewhere totally different? Yes, many spam messages often have a disclosed location and an IP address saying something very different. The latest spam .... now hidden from your sight ... discloses a location of Italy but the IP address says Germany. A previous one said USA but the IP address says UK.

John