ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Confirming eligibility date to apply for ILR for spouse

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

chosenaik

Confirming eligibility date to apply for ILR for spouse

Post by chosenaik » Tue May 15, 2012 12:53 pm

My situation is as follows:

- My wife arrived in May 2011 and was given a spouse visa till June 2012 this year as my current Tier 1 expires. I am elegible to apply for an ILR then. We will apply for her FLR(M).

I am confirming if she will be elegible for ILR in April 2013 (28 days rule).

My cincern is that if the rules change from 2 to 5 years, she may no longer be elegible to apply for ILR in 2013. So I am checking if she is in one of the categories that may get affected by the change in rules.

Thank you in advnace for your attention.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue May 15, 2012 1:31 pm

chosenaik wrote:My wife arrived in May 2011 and was given a spouse visa till June 2012 this year as my current Tier 1 expires.
How could have your wife arrived on a spouse visa when you are currently a PBS migrant?
chosenaik wrote:My cincern is that if the rules change from 2 to 5 years, she may no longer be elegible to apply for ILR in 2013. So I am checking if she is in one of the categories that may get affected by the change in rules.
No one can tell you today what the changes to the rules may be, and how will they affect your wife (who probably may be on FLR(M) leave then) without the changes even being announced!!!!
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue May 15, 2012 2:00 pm

This is a duplicate post.

chosenaik

Post by chosenaik » Tue May 15, 2012 9:07 pm

Hi Casa. My post was removed from the ILR section before I could receive a response and so I continued in this more appropriate section.

Sushdmehta, I am a Tier 1 so my wife entered as the spouse of a Tier 1. I'm sorry if I am referring to it incorrectly.

My question arose as I have read posts where people are mentioning Spouse 27 month visas and that people who are on this already will most likely not be affected by new rules.

I am checking if my wife is in the same category or is she more at risk of having to spend 5 years inetad of 2 beforre she can apply for ILR.

Thank you for your attention.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue May 15, 2012 9:37 pm

chosenaik wrote:Hi Casa. My post was removed from the ILR section before I could receive a response and so I continued in this more appropriate section.
Because "sharing views / speculate" topic was turning to be a "answer this query". And you had already posted this topic.

Coming to the question at hand:

No one today can answer the question(s) that you are asking.

Because unless someone is a clairvoyant here, no one can tell you about the rules / changes that have not even been announced! Unless those "lot of people" you have consulted with are immigration policy makers, what they speculate may not be worth a dime!
Life isn't fair, but you can be!