ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British HC at Chennai return several Passports

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Has2003

Post by Has2003 » Mon Jul 26, 2004 12:22 pm

Applied to British HC at Chennai, INDIA for EC.

Arrived at Chennai BHC at 9:00 AM (had an interview scheduled)

The Visa Officer returned my passport and told me that the Home Office is undergoing some 'rigorous checks' and no HSMP visas will be issued now. The VO rejected the ECs for 5 HSMP candidates who were in front of me. However, the VO did not tell me that the EC has been declined. She told me it will be on hold and may take 'several' weeks to process.

The interview did not last for even 2 minutes. I think there is a problem with HSMP visas.

Anyone who have had similar experience, pls share with me. What is the normal process in case such events as these happen.

What should I do? My passport has been returned, but the VO has retained all my application and documents including my degree certificate. How can I find out the status of my EC application?

I am worried. Will appreciate any response.

thank you.

raoms
Member of Standing

hi

Post by raoms » Mon Jul 26, 2004 2:46 pm

did they give you anything in written ? Or just verbal. By the way when did you receive the decision letter and what was the date mentioned in it ? Finally you got it ... :lol:

Rajan

Post by Rajan » Mon Jul 26, 2004 6:39 pm

Has2003

Its' sad to listen this. How they can do like this?

Have U talked to other 5 guys? What reason they 've got for rejection, have they told U some other things/Discussions happened to them during EC?

Pls share this in detail for all the members...
Has anybody faced such problem currently? Pls share yr experiences here...

Rajan
---- Never Say No To Life ----

Ajay Kumar Singh

Post by Ajay Kumar Singh » Mon Jul 26, 2004 7:41 pm

I doubt the credibility of DHC Chennai.
Better you contact Home Office in UK, and explain them your situation.
If HSMP is on hold then there should have been a news from HO.

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Tue Jul 27, 2004 11:25 am

I am informed by a reliable source that concerns are being raised about documentation submitted in support of HSMP applications from select nationalities in particular those pertaining to income details and employment experience. I understand this is especially so for the under 28 category. The staff at the relevant British Diplomatic Posts are more likely to verify the authenticity of submitted docs (they see dodgy docs on a more regualr basis) relative to the HSMP staff in Sheffield. Likewise it may just be a case of quality checks. Without knowing all the details of the applicants it is not possible to give any further info.

FLR

Post by FLR » Tue Jul 27, 2004 1:53 pm

Thanks Kayalami for sharing this info.

Has2003, I think that those 5 HSMP visa applicants who were rejected may have provided attested photo copies of the educational, professional, earning documents instead of Original documents that should have been provided at the first place.

Has2003, can you elaborate on this? did you provide photocopies? did they contact your employers/ university etc to verify your docs?

This is really strange thing that happened to you!

shintu
Newly Registered

Reg Degree's

Post by shintu » Wed Jul 28, 2004 4:18 am

I don't think that original educational certificates are to be submitted.
In Delhi, they only take photo copies of your certificates etc.
Yes, financial document like bank statement need to be original.

FLR

Post by FLR » Wed Jul 28, 2004 6:31 am

Well Shintu,

I have sent HSMP all original documents whether they are educational, professional, payments etc. It may sound a bit BRAVE but the purpose was to help them decide at ease and process my applicaton speedy.

Can anyone of those five in Chennai who were refused to be granted visa elaborate whether they sent the docs original or not ?

shintu
Newly Registered

Post by shintu » Wed Jul 28, 2004 10:04 am

I think this may be specific to Center you apply.
Because, in Delhi Center, they asked only to submit photocopies for the certificates.

Mini
Member of Standing

Post by Mini » Wed Jul 28, 2004 11:13 am

I think the original documents mentioned by Kayalami are for HSMP application and not for EC.
Mini

FLR

Post by FLR » Wed Jul 28, 2004 11:23 am

May be you are right.

But I was talking about the application that is send to HSMP team in UK, they may have sent photocopies to support their application. I have accompanied originals to support my app that I sent to HSMP team.

And I think that with the application to visa, there is no such requirement to provide any educational, professional docs. They need some other docs. So what are they trying to verify ?
I can't understand that Kayalami said British High commsion will try to verify the docs when candiate will come to them for visa?

Can Kayalami shed some light on it?

ChandraSP

Post by ChandraSP » Thu Jul 29, 2004 12:32 pm

This is really a shocking news.
I just submitted all my originals to VFS Mumbai, today morning for EC. And never thought such thing can happen, until I saw this posting.

EC rejection for 5 guys in row is .....don't know what to say.

And I got the news from our friend, Shintu who applied for EC in Delhi also sailing in the same boat (Waiting for the decision on EC).

So, are they stopping this program? or Is it happening only in India? What are other members EC experiences from last one week?

let me check my luck tomorrow in Mumbai.

Wish me all the best... :lol:

Regards
Puti

shintu
Newly Registered

Post by shintu » Thu Jul 29, 2004 2:48 pm

Hi,

I submitted the EC application on 26th. And today there is news that I have to submit medical for which High Commision shall send me details by next week.

And then after that, it shall take another 10-15 days to get final decision.

Though VFS People used do say during earlier discussion that HSMP is very fast.

Now, it may be a normal incidence.

But going by trend at Chennai, it may be that some special instructions may have been issued by the UK Government to scrutinize the applications more strictly.

All that can be done is wait and do what is asked.

Cheers

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Thu Jul 29, 2004 3:14 pm

hafeez wrote:Can Kayalami shed some light on it?
The concern in question relates to documents issued in support of both the initial HSMP application to the HSMP Team in Sheffield, UK and HSMP EC application at the relevant British Diplomatic Post. Entry Clearance Officers can request you for any info they deem necessary in relation to a visa application including all the documents used to acquire an Immigration Employment Document (IED) such as HSMP or Work Permit. ECO's are more likely to note forgeries associated with any of these documents compared to their colleagues in the UK because they have local experience/ knowledge and see fraudulent documents on a more regular basis. Where there are additional concerns the entire application (HSMP and HSMP EC) can be referred to the Home Office Fraud Unit in the UK.

I am also told that misrepresentation where a qualified applicant's approval is used by someone else for HSMP EC issuance is an issue that has cropped up. I expect the initial HSMP application form to be amended to require a photograph of the applicant for cross referencing with a follow up HSMP EC or HSMP FLR application.

Hope that helps

Chess
Diamond Member

Post by Chess » Thu Jul 29, 2004 3:29 pm

I am also told that misrepresentation where a qualified applicant's approval is used by someone else for HSMP EC issuance is an issue that has cropped up.
You mean HSMP approval letters are being sold?
Where there is a will there is a way.

shintu
Newly Registered

Post by shintu » Thu Jul 29, 2004 3:35 pm

Kayalami has brought some insight to this whole discussion now.

Yes, there are always the chances of misuse.
It is only that if High Commision and VFS have more clarity on this issue and are ready to explain the same to the prospective applicants. That would be of great help as people will be clear on expectations.
[In my case, VFS did not even knew that my file is still with High Commision after two days. I had to visit VFS again to intiate the search.]

Another example being, when I submitted the application for EC, the VFS People did not took original certificates and specifically asked for photocopies of certificates, where as at some other VFS Offices in India, they are taking original certificates.
This creates confusion as to what are the actual needs.

Thanks Kayalami.

Cosmopol
Member of Standing

Post by Cosmopol » Thu Jul 29, 2004 4:38 pm

Anything of value can become a commodity these days...
:roll:

Mini
Member of Standing

Post by Mini » Fri Jul 30, 2004 6:26 am

So Legal Migration has a price now...not priceless any more ?? :wink:
Mini

ChandraSP

Post by ChandraSP » Fri Jul 30, 2004 4:46 pm

Alaas....I have a good news.

And I am sure that your best wishes worked. :lol:

After reading the horrified messages I prepared myself for the worst case and went to VFS office today evening. My name was not in the list. If the name is not in the list, I need not attend the interview, but I still doubted because of other members experience. Waited for more than an hour and got my packet. I couldn’t resist myself to tear it up there and see the visa stamped.

Thanks a lot to everyone on this board. Need not to mention about our moderators for their suggestions and guidance. I can just say "Thanks" for the time being.(Sure, I will think about something else too for them)

I will post my EC experience on sticky note.

All the best.

Regards
Puti

Chess
Diamond Member

Post by Chess » Fri Jul 30, 2004 5:00 pm

Puti,

Congratulations and all the best with the job hunting in the UK
Where there is a will there is a way.

shintu
Newly Registered

Chennai HK

Post by shintu » Sat Jul 31, 2004 7:18 am

Congrats Puti.
Best wishes for job hunt and success in UK.

ChandraSP

Post by ChandraSP » Sat Jul 31, 2004 7:30 am

Thank you all.

Every member on this board have some share in this success.

regards
Puti