ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 visa extension-Premium same day service delay by2week

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

guddu84
Newly Registered

Tier 1 visa extension-Premium same day service delay by2week

Post by guddu84 » Tue May 15, 2012 7:06 am

I have applied for my extension of Tier 1 General visa through same day Premium service appointment at Croydon on 2nd May Wednesday.

Due to some operational IT system error, we have been asked to submit all documents and one of staff will contact me ASAP. Hence we submitted all original and supporting document there itself with hope that will resolve in a week time.We have not been given by anycall back number to do enquiry about this status.

Could you please guide us, because its been 2 weeks time now. We are little worried about delay because we could not plan for travel without having valid visa. :?: :?:

allgo

Post by allgo » Tue May 15, 2012 1:36 pm

ideally they should have given you a new appointment date..
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... metric-peo

guddu84
Newly Registered

Post by guddu84 » Tue May 15, 2012 1:45 pm

allgo wrote:ideally they should have given you a new appointment date..
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... metric-peo
I have already given my Biomatric on that same day, they told your result is pending due to operational failure, they have taken my all oroginal document and my phone number given me a receipt.

I am just waiting for the call. I dont have callback number to do enquiry also.

shargaur

Post by shargaur » Tue May 15, 2012 2:26 pm

Chill. UKBA is in big mess these days. Servers are not working. They are short of resources.

Are they delaying the Postal application deliberately so that more and more people go for PEO?

sivakkumarkr
Newly Registered

Post by sivakkumarkr » Tue May 15, 2012 4:20 pm

Hi Guddu,

I attended Premium Service on 08th May @ Croydon and they collected all my documents and told that my Biometric results are pending and they will call me once my case is reviewed. I had urgent travel plans and hence I told that to the case worker and he was kind to put a note on my front cover of the application saying that Urgent travel. But I have not got call till yesterday. Since I had urgent travel plans and since my home is in Croydon, I decide to go to Croydon UKBA office and see if I can approach the Return of Document desk to see if my documents have come back. I was initially told that I will have to come and collect the documents in Croydon office once my visa is reviewed . I opted for this option than posting since I live close by. I went to the ROD desk and they told that there is a chance that my document would have been sent to Sheffield as they are now moving all the backlog applications to Sheffield. I told that the case worker did put a note that i urgent travel plans and requested them if there is a way they can double check. With the grace of God, they did find my documents and said they will pass it to case worker and requested me to come after 3 hours. I went after 3 hours and to a surprise I got all my documents with the approval letter and was told that my BRP card would reach in 10 working days.

This is my experience, but if your need is urgent then give it a go to the ROD desk and explain your situation and if your documents are there I am sure they will be able to help you on the same day.

Many thanks
Sivakkumar K R

longshift
United Kingdom

Post by longshift » Tue May 15, 2012 8:48 pm

sivakkumarkr wrote:Hi Guddu,

I attended Premium Service on 08th May @ Croydon and they collected all my documents and told that my Biometric results are pending and they will call me once my case is reviewed. I had urgent travel plans and hence I told that to the case worker and he was kind to put a note on my front cover of the application saying that Urgent travel. But I have not got call till yesterday. Since I had urgent travel plans and since my home is in Croydon, I decide to go to Croydon UKBA office and see if I can approach the Return of Document desk to see if my documents have come back. I was initially told that I will have to come and collect the documents in Croydon office once my visa is reviewed . I opted for this option than posting since I live close by. I went to the ROD desk and they told that there is a chance that my document would have been sent to Sheffield as they are now moving all the backlog applications to Sheffield. I told that the case worker did put a note that i urgent travel plans and requested them if there is a way they can double check. With the grace of God, they did find my documents and said they will pass it to case worker and requested me to come after 3 hours. I went after 3 hours and to a surprise I got all my documents with the approval letter and was told that my BRP card would reach in 10 working days.

This is my experience, but if your need is urgent then give it a go to the ROD desk and explain your situation and if your documents are there I am sure they will be able to help you on the same day.

Many thanks
Sivakkumar K R
Thanks for sharing your experience mate. Its really shocking to find that Croydon PEO is sending all its backlog to Sheffield. This is totally unacceptable. This way, you end up paying Premium price and your application will be processed as normal. I can understand, that if they send your case to sheffield for further varifications. But due to their incompetance and system failures, why the common man should suffer. Whats the point of paying the extra 300 pounds if you will be treated as postal application. I think its time, UKBA start refunding the extra money they charge as Premium service when they cant make decision on the same day due to their system failures.

pareshvoa1
Newly Registered

Post by pareshvoa1 » Mon May 21, 2012 12:53 pm

longshift wrote:
sivakkumarkr wrote:Hi Guddu,

Many thanks
Sivakkumar K R
Thanks for sharing your experience mate. Its really shocking to find that Croydon PEO is sending all its backlog to Sheffield. This is totally unacceptable. This way, you end up paying Premium price and your application will be processed as normal. I can understand, that if they send your case to sheffield for further varifications. But due to their incompetance and system failures, why the common man should suffer. Whats the point of paying the extra 300 pounds if you will be treated as postal application. I think its time, UKBA start refunding the extra money they charge as Premium service when they cant make decision on the same day due to their system failures.

hello friends,

I also have applied for premium service same day application. my date was 4thmay. they have done my biomatrics and taken my document like guddu's and I also am waiting for there call from more then two weeks and they havent replied yet.

My question is did Guddu get any reply? or is there anyone else in same situation. I put my file through rep. could someone advise me upon this.

Guddu, have you received your file? if you have then probably mine is on the way. otherwise, i dont know how long will i have to wait. I think they should refund the premium service money if they can resolve case in enough time.

beresford12
Newly Registered

was in same boat --but recieved call on saturday

Post by beresford12 » Mon May 21, 2012 4:13 pm

hi all,
just an update to relieve some nerves of who are waiting for more than two weeks. i've applied for tier 1 general extension on may 8th at croydon , but end of the day they took my documents and told me that after application is processed someone will get in touch.
as part of processing backlog my file has been transferred to Sheffield office.
i got call on Saturday afternoon from Sheffield office saying my application is approved and sending the documents by Special Delivery(expected to receive documents by Tuesday) which of course strange as UKBA send documents in recorded delivery.So hope for the best and soon or later your applications may be processed and returned.
i've asked to call me after the application is processed and i opted for collection of the documents at the office but strangely they are posting the documents back in Special Delivery method.

So

pareshvoa1
Newly Registered

Post by pareshvoa1 » Mon May 21, 2012 4:29 pm

congrates mate,

i hope i get something by the end of week.

pareshvoa1
Newly Registered

Post by pareshvoa1 » Tue May 22, 2012 10:31 am

I got the approval today after 18 days. I applied in person on. 4 th.. So friends keep ur hopes alive pray and I m sure u all will get it soon cheers :)