ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 (General) in-person applications only - PEO IT issues

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

iactcrazy
Newly Registered

Post by iactcrazy » Tue May 15, 2012 4:39 pm

Thats very good news, congratulations sivakkumar,

I had planned to go to Croydon and do exactly the same. Have put that on hold for the time being as I am going to wait another week or so. If I dont hear anything back then I shall drive up myself.

thanks for letting us know.

N

chathul

Post by chathul » Tue May 15, 2012 9:06 pm

sivakkumarkr wrote:Dear All,

I would want to give you a latest update and my experience today.

I attended Premium Service on 08th May @ Croydon and they collected all my documents and told that my Biometric results are pending and they will call me once my case is reviewed. I had urgent travel plans and hence I told that to the case worker and he was kind to put a note on my front cover of the application saying that Urgent travel. But I have not got call till yesterday. Since I had urgent travel plans and since my home is in Croydon, I decide to go to Croydon UKBA office and see if I can approach the Return of Document desk to see if my documents have come back. I was initially told that I will have to come and collect the documents in Croydon office once my visa is reviewed . I opted for this option than posting since I live close by. I went to the ROD desk and they told that there is a chance that my document would have been sent to Sheffield as they are now moving all the backlog applications to Sheffield. I told that the case worker did put a note that i urgent travel plans and requested them if there is a way they can double check. With the grace of God, they did find my documents and said they will pass it to case worker and requested me to come after 3 hours. I went after 3 hours and to a surprise I got all my documents with the approval letter and was told that my BRP card would reach in 10 working days.

This is my experience, but if your need is urgent then give it a go to the ROD desk and explain your situation and if your documents are there I am sure they will be able to help you on the same day.

Many thanks
Sivakkumar K R
Congratulation sivakumar. Please update when you get your BRP

sivakkumarkr
Newly Registered

Post by sivakkumarkr » Tue May 15, 2012 9:18 pm

Thanks N and Chathul. Sure will update you once I receive by Biometrics.

lizzier
Newly Registered

Post by lizzier » Tue May 15, 2012 11:13 pm

My partner:

1. Current vignette: Tier 1 (General)
2. Date of expiry of current leave (visa) : May 2012
3. Number of applicants: 1
4. Home Office Location: Croydon
5. Time of appointment: 11 am
6. Date of Appointment attended: 19-Apr
7. Reason given by case worker: IT Issues
8. If call received, date of call received: 24-Apr
9. Date Passport, Documents and letter of approval received: 24-Apr
10. Date (new) leave to remain valid from:
11. Date BRP received: 27-Apr

Me:

5. Time of appointment: TBC
6. Date of Appointment attended: 3-May (void and refunded due to IT system failure) and 8-May
7. Reason given by case worker: -
8. If call received, date of call received: Approved same day
9. Date Passport, Documents and letter of approval received: Returned same day
10. Date (new) leave to remain valid from: -
11. Date BRP received: 11-May

wirapundi
Newly Registered

Post by wirapundi » Wed May 16, 2012 5:54 pm

Just had a call from the home office to say my visa is approved and will be sent in the next few days.

1. Current vignette: Tier 1 (General) Extension
2. Date of expiry of current leave (visa) : June 2012
5. Time of appointment: 8:00 am
6. Date of Appointment attended: 3rd May 2012
7. Reason given by case worker: Biometric results pending.
8. If call received, date of call received: 16 May 2012
9. Date Passport, Documents and letter of approval received: <awaiting>
10. Date (new) leave to remain valid from: <awaiting>
11. Date BRP received: <awaiting>

wirapundi wrote:1. Current vignette: Tier 1 (General) Extension
5. Time of appointment: 8:00 am
6. Date of Appointment attended: 3rd May 2012
7. Reason given by case worker: Biometric results pending.
8. If call received, date of call received: 4th May 2012
9. Date Passport, Documents and letter of approval received: <awaiting>
10. Date (new) leave to remain valid from: <awaiting>
11. Date BRP received: <awaiting>

I was down in Corydon last Thursday... I had one of the first appointments of the day, so I had given my biometrics before they announced there was any problems (I must have been one of only a few). So my case had been passed on to a caseworker who took photo copies of all my documents and said they just needed to wait for the biometrics to come through. Obviously this didn’t happen, so they sent me away with an appointment to come back for another biometrics appointment (they didn’t give me a refund like everyone else, and it was only an appointment for the biometrics). But I received a phone voice message the next day to say I was no longer required to come in for the biometrics appointment as they had been found on the system, and that I would hear from a caseworker in due course. I haven’t heard anything further as yet, so it probably would have been worth it to go back when my biometrics appointment had been scheduled.... Although I think it will be fine. There seems to be some accountability in their process at the moment (for now at least). Amazing what a bit of negative political media will do.

chathul

Post by chathul » Thu May 17, 2012 4:18 pm

[quote="chathul"]1. Current vignette: Tier 1 (General)
3. Number of applicants: 2
5. Time of appointment: 10:10 am
6. Date of Appointment attended: 25 April 2012
7. Reason given by case worker: Biometric results pending. All other details fine.
8. If call received, date of call received:05th May
9. Date Passport, Documents and letter of approval received: Documents were returned on 24th itself,Passports and letter of approval 08th May
10. Date (new) leave to remain valid from: 25th April
11. Date BRP received: 17th May

Finally the wait is over....

Ish
Newly Registered

Post by Ish » Thu May 17, 2012 4:21 pm

Background:
applied ILR 25-04-2012 (decision not made same day due to IT issues )

I had managed to go to Croydon ROD to check the status of my application made on 25-04-2012. I have been told that they have sent a letter requesting for additional document, but I have not received any letter till now and did not know where to send the documents as documents are processed in sheffield. I have sent document copy to sheffield and croydon and waiting now to hear from Home office

ajs

any updates?

Post by ajs » Fri May 18, 2012 12:25 pm

Hi All,

Its going too long wait. I had my appointment on 2nd May and no call or update from HO yet.

Is there a way to email or phone number to contact them abt my application status? I'm getting to worry now.

Has anyone got any update reg their applications?

guddu84
Newly Registered

Re: any updates?

Post by guddu84 » Fri May 18, 2012 2:12 pm

Hello Ajs,

Same case for me, I have applied on 2nd May for my Tier 1 extn, already given my all originals document and my finger prints. Just waiting for call.

Could you pls update once you receive call, or suggest me what action should we take, because I have paid amount in premium application total 2700 including a dependent and should not expecting to delay by 2 weeks for this service :(

beresford12
Newly Registered

Finally got cal from UKBA

Post by beresford12 » Sat May 19, 2012 4:25 pm

hi all,
finally a good news from UKBA(Sheffield- i've applied in croydon on 8th may but as a result of backlog the file has been transferred to sheffield), got cal today i.e. Saturday afternoon saying my application is approved. receiving Special Develivery by tuesday promoised by ukba staff.. so hope this news will loose some nervers of you

beresford12
Newly Registered

was in same boat --but recieved call on saturday

Post by beresford12 » Mon May 21, 2012 4:14 pm

hi all,
just an update to relieve some nerves of who are waiting for more than two weeks. i've applied for tier 1 general extension on may 8th at croydon , but end of the day they took my documents and told me that after application is processed someone will get in touch.
as part of processing backlog my file has been transferred to Sheffield office.
i got call on Saturday afternoon from Sheffield office saying my application is approved and sending the documents by Special Delivery(expected to receive documents by Tuesday) which of course strange as UKBA send documents in recorded delivery.So hope for the best and soon or later your applications may be processed and returned.
i've asked to call me after the application is processed and i opted for collection of the documents at the office but strangely they are posting the documents back in Special Delivery method.

pareshvoa1
Newly Registered

Post by pareshvoa1 » Mon May 21, 2012 8:09 pm

i have same problem like some of people here, i have applied for extension on 4th may but have not received any reply from home office yet.. let us keep others updated on their status...i will let u guys know when i hear something

guddu84
Newly Registered

update

Post by guddu84 » Mon May 21, 2012 9:01 pm

I walk in to croydon office today and asked that i have applied on 2nd May and didn't received any call.

they have given me case id number and current status showing still in progress. all back log files have been transferred to different region.

My file went to Sheffield office last week. they have given sheffield tel number 0114 207 4074 also, but that auto answers only 2 option (1) if your application within 6 month- auto answer we can not reply you over phone (2) if more than 6 months- sorry we cannot answer by phone, wrtite an email :twisted:

I have already email twice but there is no response yet. so only option is to keep waiting. :(

pareshvoa1
Newly Registered

Post by pareshvoa1 » Mon May 21, 2012 10:02 pm

thats is strange!! generally when they consider ur application they send u visa or a letter which says further enquiries required if they will take long!

whats the poing of premium charge!!

beresford12
Newly Registered

got documents back today(as promised)

Post by beresford12 » Tue May 22, 2012 8:51 am

finally received all my documents back in special delivery..
in the letter its describing points claimed to support application and awarded
points by the case workers in detail...
in the passport , above the current/previous grant sticker its says LEAVE SUPERSEDED BY BIO-METRIC RESIDENCE PERMIT so its clearly marked to avoid any more confusions for anyone....

new~b0y
Newly Registered

Approval Letter Received!!

Post by new~b0y » Tue May 22, 2012 10:34 am

Thank you everyone for your advice.

3. Number of applicants: 2
5. Time of appointment: 11:00 am
6. Date of Appointment attended: 14 May 2012
7. Reason given by case worker: IT issues, and false fire alarm.
8. If call received, date of call: No call.
9. Date Passport, Documents and letter of approval received: 22 May 2012 (Letter dated 19 May 2012)
10. Date (new) leave to remain valid from: June 2012 - June 2014
11. Date BRP received: 23 May 2012

We went to Croydon in the morning, just 30 minutes before our appointment time. Security check, payment and biometric, all done within an hour. Waited there until 2pm, suddenly fire alarm went off, everyone had to leave the building. We were told to return an hour later. By 3pm, re-entered the building after security check. Finally at 4pm, number called, we were told that our case wouldn't be reviewed that day. Passports and supporting documents were taken. Approval letter received today via Royal Mail SD from Sheffield PEO.
Last edited by new~b0y on Wed May 23, 2012 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

guddu84
Newly Registered

Re: update

Post by guddu84 » Tue May 22, 2012 5:14 pm

guddu84 wrote:I walk in to croydon office today and asked that i have applied on 2nd May and didn't received any call.

they have given me case id number and current status showing still in progress. all back log files have been transferred to different region.

My file went to Sheffield office last week. they have given sheffield tel number 0114 207 4074 also, but that auto answers only 2 option (1) if your application within 6 month- auto answer we can not reply you over phone (2) if more than 6 months- sorry we cannot answer by phone, wrtite an email :twisted:

I have already email twice but there is no response yet. so only option is to keep waiting. :(
Today I called to UKBA customer contact centre 08706067766, not much helpful. They have given me a Fax number of Sheffield office and suggested my to sent an enquiry by fax that I have applied on 2nd May for my Tier 1 ext at Croydon PEO and still waiting.

saqib389

Post by saqib389 » Wed May 23, 2012 8:57 am

any update anyone here ??

beresford12
Newly Registered

BRP recieved

Post by beresford12 » Wed May 23, 2012 11:33 am

8) Recieved BRP as well today....
....total time 2 weeks..from PEO appointment(8th may) to BRP(23rd May)..

saqib389

Re: BRP recieved

Post by saqib389 » Wed May 23, 2012 11:53 am

beresford12 wrote:8) Recieved BRP as well today....
So you went on 8th May and when did you get the call for approval ?

beresford12
Newly Registered

Re: BRP recieved

Post by beresford12 » Wed May 23, 2012 12:04 pm

saqib389 wrote:
beresford12 wrote:8) Recieved BRP as well today....
So you went on 8th May and when did you get the call for approval ?
saturday 19th..,recieved documents on tuesday..BRP on wednesday i.e., today

satspai
Newly Registered

Letter received today

Post by satspai » Wed May 23, 2012 1:35 pm

Hi Guys

This forum has been tremendous support.Thanks all

I had IT issues for my ILR application on 8th may at Croydon PEO and my docs were collected. I got all my docs back today with a letter that i shall receive the BRP card in next 7 days.

Hope all the rest of your application are processed soon. Any queries , let me know. Very glad to help

saqib389

Re: Letter received today

Post by saqib389 » Wed May 23, 2012 2:01 pm

satspai wrote:Hi Guys

I had IT issues for my ILR application on 8th may at Croydon PEO and my docs were collected. I got all my docs back today with a letter that i shall receive the BRP card in next 7 days.

Hope all the rest of your application are processed soon. Any queries , let me know. Very glad to help
Congratz mate.

When did you receive call from Home office that your case is now approved ?

mfb123
Newly Registered

PEO Croydon 27-05-12- Further Enquiries Required

Post by mfb123 » Wed May 23, 2012 3:56 pm

Hi All,

Just to update you guys - I received a call today from UKBA that my application for ILR has been approved so I can come and collect my documents or documents can be sent to home but I opted to collect myself.

BRP will receive in 7 working days -

PEO applied 27-04-12 but given a letter need Further Enquiries (I dont know if they have made any enquiries)
ILR approved and collected - 23-05-12

Good Luck to everyone else who are in same situation.

satspai
Newly Registered

Re: Letter received today

Post by satspai » Wed May 23, 2012 8:04 pm

saqib389 wrote:
satspai wrote:Hi Guys

Congratz mate.

When did you receive call from Home office that your case is now approved ?
Hi saqib389

There was no call. I got the doc posted to my office address.