ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier -1 dependent extension form query

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

allgo

Tier -1 dependent extension form query

Post by allgo » Tue May 15, 2012 2:16 pm

Hi guys
i am applying soon for my Tier 1 extension on Croydon PEO. Will apply for my wife's extension at the same time.

had a query about the Dependent forms

For dependent visa application of my wife as per form
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... ation1.pdf

E8 - Have you ever been refused entry clearance/visa or leave to enter or remain in the uk

Now when my wife initially applied for dependent visa from India her application was initially refused(totally case workers fault and he/she overlooked some documentes). We appealed at the High commision and within a month the decision was overturned and the visa was granted to her. Should she answer "No" for this? Technically she was refused but then that decision itself was overturned. Anyone with similar experience please help.

Thanks in advance

shargaur

Post by shargaur » Tue May 15, 2012 2:20 pm

Yes. You should inform them it was refused. They have provided the space so you can write the circumstances and ruling also. If you have any documents you can attach that.

They have all information. There will be no harm in disclosing something they already knew.

allgo

Post by allgo » Tue May 15, 2012 7:05 pm

thanks buddy.

Sorry did you actually mean I should say "Yes" to teh answer and then explain the circumstances and outcome in the next section?

Also anyone who would have had similar situation please do let me know.
Cheers

esmsi

Post by esmsi » Tue May 15, 2012 8:24 pm

my wifw was refused for her first application to come uk.she got visa second application.

I think this is a new question in application form.

(from mobile)

allgo

Post by allgo » Wed May 16, 2012 4:35 pm

Well in my wife's case she didn't make a fresh application.. instead we appealed and the decision was overtturned by High commision itself. i.e. didn't have to go to the tribunal. So no new application.

Seniors please suggest!
thanks

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed May 16, 2012 6:40 pm

allgo wrote:Well in my wife's case she didn't make a fresh application.. instead we appealed and the decision was overtturned by High commision itself. i.e. didn't have to go to the tribunal. So no new application.

Seniors please suggest!
thanks
In such case, IMHO, she was not refused.
Or it may be more appropriate to answer "yes" and provide appeal details.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

allgo

Post by allgo » Thu May 17, 2012 10:58 am

Thanks Sush