ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PSW applied in march 2012

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sweetangle309
Newly Registered

PSW applied in march 2012

Post by sweetangle309 » Tue May 15, 2012 7:43 pm

I am really fedup with the waiting time... MY timeline is as follows
Applied: 12th march
Recived HO: 13th march
Acknowledgment letter: 19th march
Biometrics letter received: 4th april 2012( dated 31st march)
Biometrics enrolled: 5th april 2012
PAssport: waiting
BRP :waiting

Has anyone submitted within this timeline got their passport?? I really want to go to my country before 26th may.. its my sisters wedding... THis homeoffice pple are ruining are social and personal lives in delaying the applications...

Plz help :( :(
Last edited by sweetangle309 on Tue May 15, 2012 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

aftabkhan812

Re: Hello everyone

Post by aftabkhan812 » Tue May 15, 2012 8:56 pm

sweetangle309 wrote:I am really fedup with the waiting time... MY timeline is as follows

Has anyone submitted within this timeline got their passport?? I really want to go to my country before 26th may.. its my sisters wedding... THis homeoffice pple are ruining are social and personal lives in delaying the applications...

Not within this timeline but people who gave biometrics around the 21-22 March have received their documents (some of them!) So keeping that trend in mind, hopefully you're up the following week or the week after that! I am in the same situation, I gave my biometrics on 14th April and my tickets to go home are booked for next Thursday, looks like that's not happening now !! :P Do keep me posted in case you hear from them!

arijak
Newly Registered

Re: PSW applied in march 2012

Post by arijak » Tue May 15, 2012 11:20 pm

Hi ,

Ive given biometric on 2nd april, still waiting for my doccuments and visa , fingers crossed ..... dont know how long they will take...
sweetangle309 wrote:I am really fedup with the waiting time... MY timeline is as follows

suku103
Newly Registered

Re: PSW applied in march 2012

Post by suku103 » Mon May 21, 2012 1:47 pm

Hi yar, Even i applied on the same date in manchester..i called to UKBA they said have to wait for some while....ask my prediction I think we will get on June 2 or 3 week..

Highly_Skilled

Post by Highly_Skilled » Mon May 21, 2012 8:00 pm

You must realise that Post-Study has now closed.

As such, everyone had applied before the route ceased. This will have resulted in a backlog of applications and I imagine that as UKBA is a government department, then it will be short staffed.

I suggest being patient.

guppy1222
Newly Registered

Post by guppy1222 » Tue May 22, 2012 10:37 am

I'm curious about something. I know the PSW has closed for good but why would it have made such a BIG difference in the amount of applications? If someone had enough points to qualify would they had applied anyway whether it was closing or not? I think its just an excuse. Now the olympics visas i understand but not end of the psw. I could be wrong please chime in.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Tue May 22, 2012 10:46 am

guppy1222 wrote:I'm curious about something. I know the PSW has closed for good but why would it have made such a BIG difference in the amount of applications? If someone had enough points to qualify would they had applied anyway whether it was closing or not? I think its just an excuse. Now the olympics visas i understand but not end of the psw. I could be wrong please chime in.
the people who applied may have applied anyway but they would not all have applied at the same time. Some may have applied later because they had 12 months from the date of award, others were awarded earlier than they otherwise would have been (universities moved exam boards to accomodate students who wished to apply). I am sure many others have applied before they have been awarded also.

Highly_Skilled

Post by Highly_Skilled » Tue May 22, 2012 11:16 pm

guppy1222 wrote:I'm curious about something. I know the PSW has closed for good but why would it have made such a BIG difference in the amount of applications? If someone had enough points to qualify would they had applied anyway whether it was closing or not? I think its just an excuse. Now the olympics visas i understand but not end of the psw. I could be wrong please chime in.
Think of it as a Closing Down Sale. Of course everyone would have the points to meet the criteria but now that is has closed down, it means those people that have visas expiring in 6 months or more, will have to apply before the closing date of Post-Study.

It's all about getting the visa before the door closes.