ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Evidence for Spouse Visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Rashid786
Newly Registered

Evidence for Spouse Visa

Post by Rashid786 » Tue Jul 04, 2006 9:24 pm

Hi, I'm new to this forum. It's basically that same old question folks: Is the following evidence enough to get a visa for my other half, who's living on the other half of this world - Pakistan.

- 6 months bank statements: shows balance of approx £10,000

- Accomodation: I will get a letter to show that I live with my parents, and the property is free-hold and there is enough space.

- Wage slips - I worked for RBS Insurance for well over a year, but resigned in December and went to Pakistan and got married in February. Came back on 1st April and got re-employed by a different division of RBS Insurance in May.

I only work 16 hours per week as I starting Uni come September, but I get approximately £470 a month without overtime.

- Communication: Calling cards, print-out of bill for calls made to "BestMinutes.co.uk".

Brit Chick

Post by Brit Chick » Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:00 am

Don't forget:

- wedding pics
- any other proof of contact eg letters, cards, emails
- P60
- certified copy of your passport and birth certificate

Rashid786
Newly Registered

Post by Rashid786 » Thu Jul 06, 2006 3:12 pm

I was even considering posting a DVD of my wedding ceremony, but maybe thats going too far?

The P60 I have is for the tax year 2004-2005, is that OK?

I didn't work the full year in 2005-2006, but I suppose I can request the P60 from my employer.

Brit Chick

Post by Brit Chick » Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:25 am

They don't accept wedding videos or dvds via Islamabad, mine was returned by the Fed Ex people when they checked over the application.

I think the P60 has to be for the last tax year so its better to be on the safe side and request it from your employer.

MM
Newly Registered

Post by MM » Fri Jul 21, 2006 11:13 am

i wouldstrongly recommend to provide more information on your finances(guarantee letter from your parents + their bank statements if they are healthy!).

my wife visa was refused on non provision of only one document (divorce certificate from my previous marriage) All other documents were very comprehensive. Any way refusal resulted in lengthy appeal process. You dont want to go that route. read some other postings on this site which go in great depth of what evidence people provide, but my advice is certainly to provide more than less!

good luck

Rashid786
Newly Registered

Post by Rashid786 » Sat Dec 02, 2006 12:03 pm

UPDATE:

My wife went today to collect her passport from Fed-Ex, and its got the visa on!!

This too after only 9 weeks, I seriously think the waiting period has come down to this as numerous people are getting their visas in this time period.

A big thanx to all the people on this board for all the priceless advice and information.

Brit Chick

Post by Brit Chick » Sun Dec 03, 2006 1:50 pm

That's great news Rashid.....I think the BHC are processing those applications which are obviously all 100% in order quicker. My husband got his application processed in 8 weeks, but then it sat with the stupid fed ex for a week. :evil: