ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 (PSW) processing times

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

RRRRR
Newly Registered

Post by RRRRR » Tue May 15, 2012 2:33 pm

They aleast 4 weeks and can be more than that

shribalaji

Post by shribalaji » Tue May 15, 2012 2:44 pm

kashyapgada wrote:
RRRRR wrote:I went to ukba office yesterday they are saying it will take more 4 weeks as they have huge backlog....... :cry: :cry:

more 4 weeks or more than that?
What???? Still More 4 weeks for 23rd March!!!!?? what about 28th then? It's been 3 month since I applied, was it a joke to process an application for 4 month plus?

sevakian
Newly Registered

Post by sevakian » Tue May 15, 2012 2:48 pm

I dont care if an application takes 10 years to process.. but how can they keep someone's passport that long...What if I want to travel somewhere for a weekend

RRRRR
Newly Registered

Post by RRRRR » Tue May 15, 2012 2:49 pm

shribalaji wrote:
kashyapgada wrote:
RRRRR wrote:I went to ukba office yesterday they are saying it will take more 4 weeks as they have huge backlog....... :cry: :cry:

What???? Still More 4 weeks for 23rd March!!!!?? what about 28th then? It's been 3 month since I applied, was it a joke to process an application for 4 month plus?
Yaa thats what they said me yesterday at sheffield ukba office :cry:

walkowitz

Post by walkowitz » Tue May 15, 2012 2:56 pm

RRRRR wrote:
shribalaji wrote:
kashyapgada wrote:

Yaa thats what they said me yesterday at sheffield ukba office :cry:
For 28th March Biometric also it would be 4 week or more than that ? Anyone Please update ....

Tihod

Re: psw processing times

Post by Tihod » Tue May 15, 2012 3:20 pm

shresta wrote:hello guys!! i had done my biometrics on on 23rd march and still waiting for documents and brp.if any1 has gt their documents and brp please update.can any1 suggest when i can expect my documents and brp back. :(
this week or next week is very much possible, persons who did BIOMETRICS on 21 march have got BRP yesterday, so hopefully everything will be fine soon.

kjkansas
Newly Registered

Re: Timeline and advice

Post by kjkansas » Tue May 15, 2012 3:36 pm

RenuRamesh wrote:
kjkansas wrote:
oxb1988 wrote:
kjkansas wrote:Here's my timeline:

18 January -- sent in application
20 January -- application received by UKBA
24 January -- acknowledgement letter dated
25 January -- funds taken from bank account
27 January -- received acknowledgement letter
28 February -- biometrics letter dated
10 March -- biometrics letter received (notice the HUGE gap in receiving the letter)
12 March -- biometrics attempted; when I got to the post office I realized they put a Mr. on my application instead of a Miss and that mistake meant I had to call for ANOTHER biometrics letter to be sent out -- supposedly takes a week.
17 March -- NEW biometrics letter received with correct salutation
20 March -- biometrics submitted at Old Street post office in London

Nothing since! Pretty nice timeline, huh?

Also, to those people who are saying they can't work or be productive while they wait... you do know you can work in a temporary position as many hours as you want, right? So you could work 40 hours a week in a restaurant if you wanted, for example? I mean, obviously it isn't ideal, but you can at least be making money!!

Judging from how in January it took FIVE DAYS for the fee to be taken and now it's taking a MONTH in some cases... you might be waiting awhile for that visa. As long as you applied before your student visa expired, you are free to work in the UK as many hours as you'd like (given that you're done with your studies) in a temporary, fixed-term, or contract position.
When saying people can work while waiting for a visa don't forget that in order to GET a job, you HAVE to show them your passport and visa!! people don't have their passports and visas - therefore no one will give them job! I was lucky to get a temp job just before sending my passport to UKBA... however since then I had lots of opportunities to get a better job, but had to reject them as I have no passport!
If you have copies of your documents -- which you SHOULD, since it would be really silly not to make copies of everything before you sent it all in -- you can give those to your employer and they should be able to check with the UKBA that you have a standing application with them. I gave in my PSW application acknowledgement letter along with the copies of my old visa and my passport, and I've been working on a fixed-term basis at what will become my full-time permanent job once I receive the visa.

Just because you don't have the original documents does not mean you can't work. Any employer who says this is wrong.
Thank you so much for this post... My psw application is in process. I am offered a fixed-time contract job (for 2 years - till my psw visa expires) and the employer wants me to join next week. Your post guides me what I need to do... Thanks again :)
What I did was this: I assured them that because the visa is points-based, and I have the points necessary and have never submitted false information or committed fraud on an application with the UKBA, I will be getting the visa. Of course, there is still a chance I won't get it, but you have to think about yourself in these situations!

I then asked if they could hire me on a fixed-term basis until I get the visa in the mail, and then switch over to a permanent position. They were fine with this and offered me a contract saying that I was hired for this job temporarily while I wait for my visa and will be a permanent employee when my visa arrives. I supplied copies of my old visa, passport, acknowledgement letter, and diploma for them, and let them know how to verify with the UKBA as to whether I made an application for a new visa while my old one was still valid.

Once this was all checked out, everything was fine! You can work as many hours as you want while you wait, so the employer does not have to worry about hour restrictions (as long as you aren't still studying!).

Good luck!

shresta
Newly Registered

Post by shresta » Tue May 15, 2012 4:36 pm

Tihod wrote:
shresta wrote:hello guys!! i had done my biometrics on on 23rd march and still waiting for documents and brp.if any1 has gt their documents and brp please update.can any1 suggest when i can expect my documents and brp back. :(
this week or next week is very much possible, persons who did BIOMETRICS on 21 march have got BRP yesterday, so hopefully everything will be fine soon.

I hope so.Iam really fed up for waiting documents and brp.UKBA service is not good very bad customer service.

thank you.

RRRRR
Newly Registered

Post by RRRRR » Tue May 15, 2012 4:39 pm

shresta wrote:
Tihod wrote:

I hope so.Iam really fed up for waiting documents and brp.UKBA service is not good very bad customer service.

thank you.
Same here bro..... :cry:

Tihod

Post by Tihod » Tue May 15, 2012 5:02 pm

RRRRR wrote:
shresta wrote:
Tihod wrote:

thank you.
Have some patience guys, we all have done on same day 23 march, our waiting will end soon, just now my fr'd informed me that his fr'd who did biometrics on 22nd a day before he did, his fr'd also got it today. he is also expecting this week, he also did on 23 march like us

sevakian
Newly Registered

Post by sevakian » Tue May 15, 2012 7:07 pm

Tihod : For how long did you stay without your passport?

khaleelsubhani
Newly Registered

Post by khaleelsubhani » Tue May 15, 2012 7:24 pm

Hi i had done my biometrics on on 23rd march and still waiting for Documents and BRP.if any one has got their Documents and Brp please update

Thank you

KHALEEL
Tihod wrote:
RRRRR wrote:
shresta wrote:
Tihod wrote:

thank you.
Have some patience guys, we all have done on same day 23 march, our waiting will end soon, just now my fr'd informed me that his fr'd who did biometrics on 22nd a day before he did, his fr'd also got it today. he is also expecting this week, he also did on 23 march like us

shresta
Newly Registered

Post by shresta » Tue May 15, 2012 7:31 pm

ya sure khaleel will update if i get my passport and brp.u too update dude any information regarding ukba and if u get ur doc and brp back.

thank u

khaleelsubhani wrote:Hi i had done my biometrics on on 23rd march and still waiting for Documents and BRP.if any one has got their Documents and Brp please update

Thank you

KHALEEL
Tihod wrote:
RRRRR wrote:
shresta wrote:

thank you.

nazli
Newly Registered

Post by nazli » Tue May 15, 2012 10:45 pm

i did my biometrics on 21st march.. but i have not received anything yet... :(

sweetangle309
Newly Registered

Post by sweetangle309 » Tue May 15, 2012 10:53 pm

I am really fedup with the waiting time... MY timeline is as follows
Applied: 12th march
Recived HO: 13th march
Acknowledgment letter: 19th march
Biometrics letter received: 4th april 2012( dated 31st march)
Biometrics enrolled: 5th april 2012
PAssport: waiting
BRP :waiting

Has anyone submitted within this timeline got their passport?? I really want to go to my country before 26th may.. its my sisters wedding... THis homeoffice pple are ruining are social and personal lives in delaying the applications...

Plz help

Tihod

Post by Tihod » Tue May 15, 2012 10:58 pm

sweetangle309 wrote:I am really fedup with the waiting time... MY timeline is as follows

Has anyone submitted within this timeline got their passport?? I really want to go to my country before 26th may.. its my sisters wedding... THis homeoffice pple are ruining are social and personal lives in delaying the applications...

Plz help

Dude there are members here who have submitted as early as 17 feb. too did biometric on 23 march still they are expecting to receive by this week or next week. You are few more late, it's really sad situation for all bcoz all have some sort of imp work pending due to this stupid application

kashyapgada

Post by kashyapgada » Tue May 15, 2012 11:19 pm

I HAVE READ SOMEWHERE THAT HO PROCESS ABOUT 16000 VISAS EVERY MONTH, MEANS ALMOST 600 TO 700 APPLICATIONS EVERY WORKING DAY. HOPE JUST HOPE THAT THEY DO THIS AND PROCESS OUR APPLICATIONS ASAP...

BIO DONE 28TH MARCH....

arphaxad_cy
Newly Registered

Post by arphaxad_cy » Tue May 15, 2012 11:37 pm

dude, I'm in an even worse situation.... It will just be my own wedding instead of sister's wedding. Hope miracle will happen and our problems will be solved.
sweetangle309 wrote:I am really fedup with the waiting time... MY timeline is as follows

Plz help

dreamfriend

Post by dreamfriend » Wed May 16, 2012 3:05 am

Plz help
[/quote]

I did on the same date and Acknowledgement received on 22 march, but not yet biometrics invitation. you are lucky you did on 5th. don't know how long i have to wait, i did a fax on 14/05 about this problem.

GHANNI
Newly Registered

psw processing

Post by GHANNI » Wed May 16, 2012 7:24 am

my timeline

docs sent 2 feb

biometrics enrolled 26 mar

brp, docs: waiting... waiting.... waiting.....

UKBA SUCKS

shribalaji

Post by shribalaji » Wed May 16, 2012 8:31 am

kashyapgada wrote:I HAVE READ SOMEWHERE THAT HO PROCESS ABOUT 16000 VISAS EVERY MONTH, MEANS ALMOST 600 TO 700 APPLICATIONS EVERY WORKING DAY. HOPE JUST HOPE THAT THEY DO THIS AND PROCESS OUR APPLICATIONS ASAP...

BIO DONE 28TH MARCH....
Accordingly UKBA have more than 23 thousand employees, let's say 50% ~11thousand people processing 700 applications/day. Each of them not even doing a single application in a day! Wtf? Whatever still they are As* H*** as a whole.

kartik_r
BANNED

Post by kartik_r » Wed May 16, 2012 9:29 am

Plz help
You're lucky to get bio-metric letter in post so early. I applied on 10 feb 2012 and got bio metric on 23rd apr 2012 (dt 18 apr 2012). In those two months i did chase up emails,. letters in post with attached fee receipts, fax.. asking uni visa and advise team to chase up...

after doing all that i got bio mteric on 23rd apr 2012 and i did the registration on the same day.

you have to be patient or get retrn of documents and go back to india.

kashyapgada

Post by kashyapgada » Wed May 16, 2012 9:41 am

any good news today????????? did some get any thing?

Moon425
Newly Registered

Post by Moon425 » Wed May 16, 2012 9:47 am

Hi guys..!
Congrats to those lucky who ve got their docs..
I did my bio on 28th of march..
Brp+docs .... Still waiting
Any1 else in the same timeline..
Plz update

sevakian
Newly Registered

Post by sevakian » Wed May 16, 2012 9:49 am

I'm dying. I am considering suicide. It's been 29 working days.