ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SUCCESS ILR - 15th May Croydon - SET(O)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

RoboTho
Newly Registered

SUCCESS ILR - 15th May Croydon - SET(O)

Post by RoboTho » Tue May 15, 2012 8:53 pm

Hi all,

I have got plenty of help from this forum, so now time to return the favour.

I got my ILR today at Croydon:

Appointment for 9am, but arrived at 8am and the guard kindly let me go in then (he almost didn't, but maybe as I was by myself and it was raining outside he felt generous).

I was mostly a straight forward case, SET(O) with no dependants or partner. Was HSMP->Tier 1 (G). Under 180 days out of country

Went through the usual security check, payment details etc.

After about half an hour, I got called up for a initial review of my application (not evidence), then sent to Biometrics and told to wait after that on the same floor (1st floor).

Heres where I had a slight problem. Exactly like last time 3 years ago, I was advised to wait on the wrong floor (sometimes its the 1st floor, sometimes its the 2nd that you need to wait). This time it was the biometrics lady who got it wrong

Over 2 hours I asked 3 different people where I was meant to wait. It wasnt until the 3rd time the guy properly checked and confirmed i had to be on the 2nd floor instead. I suspected it was meant to be other floor as other numbers around me before the biometrics, weren't getting called over the PA System on that floor after the biometrics.

FYI - Theres a customer service desk on the 1st and 2nd floor if you need to check anything

I went straight up to the 2nd floor, told them what had happened and got seen to straight away.

The plesant woman reviewed all my documents there and then...20 minutes later all was complete! (I had already done the photocopying in advance). No need to go away and wait like when I had done my HSMP->Tier 1 three years ago, she did it all in front of me which was brilliant.

Finished at 12:15, Bio card on the way in the post

Evidence supplied:
Passports
1 x Life in UK certificate
12 x Bank Statements
12 x Payslips
1 x Employer letter showing gross and net income
5 x P60's (wasn't specifically asked for by lady but gave anyway)

A few points:
- I photocopied whole of passport, but she only wanted the main page plus visa pages. But photocopy all other evidence

- I did a cover letter but they didnt bother to look at that as it was all done in front of me

- I had 'Salary Sacrificed' part of my income directly into my pension. I had read much in the forums about this. In the end, as the amount of points for me were still the same before or after this sacrifice, I claimed the amount of income AFTER salary sacrifice and not before it, for the GROSS total. Im not saying either way is correct, but if the points dont change or you still have the required min points, it was just easier to show it as the lower total. I had max points for income either way I chose. The big plus is of having a PEO interview, is that i got to explain it to the case worker who was unsure what Salary Sacrificing was in the beginning, but after explanation she understood straight away and had no problem with it (not that I was claiming before SS anyways)

And of course the dreaded IT issues:
I didnt have too much of a problem but it was slow because of it (I think the majority of waiting was in part because the bio results were getting processed). However......I suspect there may have been people after me who's bio results were not getting processed who arrived later. They also made an announcement over the PA system saying delays at around 11:30 (but i suspect the delays started earlier than that). The long and the short of it is, go as early as you can and try to take the chance of getting in early I reckon

Hope this helps some people!
Cheers

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Tue May 15, 2012 10:17 pm

Congrats RoboTho! And thank you for sharing your experience at Croydon PEO.

RoboTho
Newly Registered

Post by RoboTho » Wed May 16, 2012 8:27 am

Thanks cs95tdg

I forgot to add too, for the Salary Sacrifice:
The points I claimed were the same, but the amount of £ was lower than when I got extension (but still in the same points bracket). But as others have confirmed before, all you need is the minumum points, not higher than what you got at extension

zishi

Post by zishi » Wed May 16, 2012 9:51 am

Can I ask, what do one get as a confirmation that he has been granted ILR and Can a person travel before receiving the Bio Metric Card in post?

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Wed May 16, 2012 11:21 am

zishi: if there are no IT issues, they give you a letter that your application for ILR has been approved and your BRP will be sent in 7-10 working days.

You cannot travel without the Biometric Card (as the approval letter is not a valid travel document).

RoboTho
Newly Registered

Post by RoboTho » Wed May 16, 2012 1:18 pm

Yup, just got given a typed letter saying approved etc (just on plain paper, nothing that looks like a certificate or on colour letterhead paper etc)

Waiting for the card to show up now

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Wed May 16, 2012 1:27 pm

It’s just a standard template which they give to all successful applicants. It’s not a substitute for BRP, so you need to wait for BRP to arrive before you travel.