ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Wife dependent visa from outside of UK - URGENT

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

humzah123

Wife dependent visa from outside of UK - URGENT

Post by humzah123 » Wed May 16, 2012 12:46 pm

Hi

My wife has Tier 1 General dependent visa which is due to expire in Feb 2013.

I applied for ILR (10 years basis) and got my ILR on 14th December 2011. I was not aware that I have to get my Wife FLR(M) as soon as possible after I get ILR.

My wife has been in the UK for over 10 years and also qualifies for ILR on 10 years basis but our problem is that she has to travel to Pakistan ASAP so we have no time to apply for her ILR in long residency category.

The other option is to apply for FLR(M) in person but we do not meet maintenance funds as we did not have the required balance in our account in last 3 months. However, we have been managing ok and never went over the limit and we both are in employment.

I understand that if she travel outside of UK then she cannot come back on the dependent visa so we have to apply for her FLR(M) from Pakistan after 3 months (I will be keeping my account above the required balance). I have following questions:

1) What is the required balance I have to show in last 3 months (we have two children).

2) They also require to prove that we can support over next 27months so if I show them my current employment confirmation/payslips then will that be enough?

3) The time period dependent has to spend to qualify for ILR then will it be counted from the date we get her FLR(M) visa or from the date she became my dependent on Tier 1 visa?

4) As I do not have enough balance in my account but can I use statement from a relative (in Pakistan) to cover last 3 months of maintenance funds requirement?

I will really appreciate help with these as we need to decide quickly.

Thanks
H

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed May 16, 2012 1:00 pm

FLR(M) application can only be made from within the UK.
From outside the UK, she will need to apply for entry clearance as spouse of a British citizen or settled person.

See also 3rd Party Support & Accommodation, SET03 - Spouses and Maintenance and accommodation (MAA).

Since when has your wife been on a Tier 1 (General) dependant leave?
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

humzah123

Post by humzah123 » Wed May 16, 2012 2:30 pm

Thanks. I will read through those pages.

She has been on Tier 1 dependent since May 2011.

humzah123

Post by humzah123 » Wed May 16, 2012 2:45 pm

Can we apply for ILR directly from outside of UK as we have been married and living together for over 5 years now (but in UK)?

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Wed May 16, 2012 4:22 pm

humzah123 wrote:Can we apply for ILR directly from outside of UK as we have been married and living together for over 5 years now (but in UK)?
no.