ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advice on changing course/sponsor.

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Jesse8
United Kingdom

Advice on changing course/sponsor.

Post by Jesse8 » Wed May 16, 2012 3:08 pm

hi guys,my friend suggested this site...

i m in need of some advice....

i m planning to join a university for my bachelors,right now i m studying in a hts college which is not that good.

so here are my questions?

1.my uncle told me he can give me the money to show funds...but my question is that i have a barclays basic savings bank acc.since i dont have established presence i ll need to show around 13-14k in my account
will that create any problem either from bank side or ukba??
[am i allowed to keep that much money in my account]???

2.i got the offer from london south bank university,is it a good uni???
they gave me offer letter based on country board english exam where i scored more than 80%.will it be a problem since i will not be submitting any selt certificates???

Deviser

Post by Deviser » Wed May 16, 2012 4:47 pm

Ans1. You can show millions of pounds as long as you can prove its yours and earned through legal way.

Ans2. LSBU is an average university but not cheap. So, I will recommend you LSE / UCL / City / QMUL / LondonMet as long as you are eligible and can afford the cost. Universities can offer you CAS for bachelors and masters courses without any SELT certificate if they wanted to do so.

Jesse8
United Kingdom

Post by Jesse8 » Wed May 16, 2012 4:54 pm

thanks for the reply deviser
Deviser wrote:Ans1. You can show millions of pounds as long as you can prove its yours and earned through legal way.
my uncle is willing to transfer the money from his account to my savings account.but the thing is..i heard somewhere that there is an amount limit to saving account|(like 5k or 7 k).

and as for the proving part,only possible explanation i can give is my uncle gave it to me for my studies and he is working here.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Wed May 16, 2012 6:34 pm

Jesse8 wrote:thanks for the reply deviser
Deviser wrote:Ans1. You can show millions of pounds as long as you can prove its yours and earned through legal way.
my uncle is willing to transfer the money from his account to my savings account.but the thing is..i heard somewhere that there is an amount limit to saving account|(like 5k or 7 k).

and as for the proving part,only possible explanation i can give is my uncle gave it to me for my studies and he is working here.
check with your bank to find out if they have a limit in the amount you can have in the account. If they do then you can pay your fees in advance prior to making your application which means you will not need to show these funds in your account (although you will still need the funds for living costs).