ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport Surname Issue

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

desired.value
Newly Registered

Passport Surname Issue

Post by desired.value » Tue May 15, 2012 6:44 pm

Hello

I had recently re-issued my Indian Passport due to expiry of the old one at the HCI London...

My Name in my old passport was as below:
Given Name: HEMA KUMA
Surname: SHANT JAI

But in the new passport which I received my name is as below:
Given name HEMA KUMA SHANT
Surname: JAI

There is no change in the name as such but one word of the surname has been moved to given name. So just worried....

I am looking to apply for ILR in June and would like to know if this could cause me trouble in ILR or other applications which I make.

Also, If I need to correct this then How do I go about getting this corrected from HCI london?

Thanks for you help..

Loveislovely
- thin ice -

Re: ILR Help Neded - Passport Surname Issue

Post by Loveislovely » Tue May 15, 2012 10:38 pm

desired.value wrote:Hello

I had recently re-issued my Indian Passport due to expiry of the old one at the HCI London...

There is no change in the name as such but one word of the surname has been moved to given name. So just worried....

I am looking to apply for ILR in June and would like to know if this could cause me trouble in ILR or other applications which I make.

Also, If I need to correct this then How do I go about getting this corrected from HCI london?

Thanks for you help..
Hi desired!

I think you should contact them as soon as possible, it should have been their error, therefore, they should be able to resolve it...... didn't you send your old passport to them, when renewing it, I think the quicker you go at it the better the result, good luck.

loveislovely
All for one, one for all..... Peace

longshift
United Kingdom

Re: Passport Surname Issue

Post by longshift » Tue May 15, 2012 11:08 pm

desired.value wrote:Hello

Thanks for you help..
This is a mistake by the HCI. Go to them and tell them that they have made a mistake in your passport. They will sort it out for you. They made a mistake of my daughter's name in her new passport. But luckily, i found that out on the same day when I went to collect it. So I gave it back to the lady on the counter and she sorted it out within an hour.

desired.value
Newly Registered

ILR Help Neded - Passport Surname Issue

Post by desired.value » Wed May 16, 2012 11:24 am

Thanks everyone.. i had contacted the HCI london and they were quick are replying back to me.. they have asked me to visit them with both the passport and to correct the same and collect it back the same.. day.. hope all goes smooth...

Loveislovely
- thin ice -

Re: ILR Help Neded - Passport Surname Issue

Post by Loveislovely » Wed May 16, 2012 3:33 pm

desired.value wrote:Thanks everyone.. i had contacted the HCI london and they were quick are replying back to me.. they have asked me to visit them with both the passport and to correct the same and collect it back the same.. day.. hope all goes smooth...
GOOD lUCK!!!!!
All for one, one for all..... Peace