ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Just got a 5 year permit but employer backed out!

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

neph
Newly Registered

Just got a 5 year permit but employer backed out!

Post by neph » Tue Nov 28, 2006 7:59 am

Hi,

I just received notice from the home office that my work permit application has gone thru, so I went ahead with entry clearance. After informing my employer in the UK that all is well now and I'm on my way back I was informed that because the whole process took so long (12 weeks) that they have decided in the mean to split the position in 2. Because of this they are readvertising the position ens. Since Im not in the UK and can't attend the interview I can't apply for the position and thus not eligible for it...
I've already booked and payed for my return flight ens before I was informed of the change in situation.

Now can I still travel to the UK? But not work untill I find a other employer and get a other permit? Or what are my options at this point?

Thanks!

NationOne

Post by NationOne » Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:25 am

Rather unfortunate dear friend!

If your WP sponsor does not explicitly inform the HO and cancel your Visa, you can still travel to the UK.

I suggest you do this and attend interviews, because it is much easier to get interview calls if you are in the UK. But before you start working, your new employer needs to file a work permit.

neph
Newly Registered

Post by neph » Tue Nov 28, 2006 11:32 am

OK so lets say I return to the UK and get a new employer. Would I need to leave the UK when they apply for a new WP or could I stay in the UK while the new WP is filed?

Also how mush trouble is it if one moves within the same company for 1 position to another? Does 1 need to file for a new WP then as well?
Reason I'm asking is that the empoyer here in my case has said that they will give me a lower position immedialty!? From Network Manager to Network Administartor...

vivekR

Immigration

Post by vivekR » Tue Nov 28, 2006 2:41 pm

Hi Neph,

My suggestion for you would be to travel to the UK asap.
The employer will require to inform the HO about the withdrawal of sponsorship for you. However, since you have an existing WP, you can get a similar position with another employer, whereby the new employer will not have to advertise but apply for a transfer of the WP to them.

But bear in mind that the moment your existing WP is cancelled, the requirement is back on. I got mine transferred about 1.5 yrs ago, and it went smooth in just 5 days!!

Best of luck. Hope you get the time to do the needful.

Speed is essential my frend! Very essential!

VR

neph
Newly Registered

Post by neph » Wed Nov 29, 2006 7:00 am

OK so if I'm already in the UK and the sponsor pullsout. I can stay no problem? All I need is to find a other employer?

But if the sponsor pulls out doesn't that mean the WP gets cancelled immedialty? or because the WP belongs to me that stays valid and thus allows me to stay in the UK but not work untill I get a new employer?

ND
Member of Standing

Post by ND » Wed Nov 29, 2006 4:05 pm

I suggest not to come to UK in this situation , think about the -ve side as well. It is illegal to come here knowing that you are not going to work for the employer who applied for WP, even if you come you have to return in 28 days.

If by mistake your current employer had already informed them then you will be in trouble belive mw , you may as well be deported if they find this at your entry in UK.

Not worth taking risk if you are already employed there. Think twice before taking a decision.

neph
Newly Registered

Post by neph » Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:39 am

What's the time period that one has when a WP is terminated for you to get a new one or you have to leave the country?

ND
Member of Standing

Post by ND » Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:42 am

I guess its 28 days.

rg1
Member of Standing

Post by rg1 » Fri Dec 08, 2006 2:16 pm

Could you please name the company who played tricks with you?
It will at least caution other members.

neph
Newly Registered

Post by neph » Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:18 pm

rg1 wrote:Could you please name the company who played tricks with you?
It will at least caution other members.
NHS.... would have worked for 1 of the mental health trust's in south london.

vin123
Member of Standing

Post by vin123 » Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:33 pm

I think you should write to NHS HR/Recruitment director explaining about this so called recruitment drama and the hardships that you now have to suffer - This isnt a micky mouse game.