ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa is still valid or not?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

adropofwater
Newly Registered

Visa is still valid or not?

Post by adropofwater » Thu May 17, 2012 8:17 am

Hi All

In brief:
1. my ex left me in may last year to live with her bf
2. she had dependant visa on me. I was on Tier 1 that time.
3. Her visa was about to expire in Dec 2011
4. I informed HO about broken marriage, got confirmation that she will not get extension under dependant.
5. I see her every day near my office. looks like she is working there or god know what she is doing.

I want to confirm if she is not illegally living here as her visa must have expired last year and i don't think she had any other base to apply visa for.

Why I am asking because I am about to apply for citizenship and don't want any issues to happen with my application

Any ways, please suggest how can I find this? Can i simply write to HO asking if she has not got visa on behalf of me by dodging my signature etc?

Please help if there are other straight ways to find out whats going on

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Thu May 17, 2012 8:23 am

Your wife's immigration status has nothing to do with you or your application for citizenship. Ukba have confirmed that they are aware she is no longer your dependent. In any case she would need more than your signature to apply for further leave as your dependent. The fact that your wife is still here will have no bearing on your citizenship application. Ukba will not give you any information about her immigration status as this is no longer your business.

adropofwater
Newly Registered

Post by adropofwater » Thu May 17, 2012 8:26 am

thank you so much.