ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent help

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

maheshmsalunke
Newly Registered

Urgent help

Post by maheshmsalunke » Thu May 17, 2012 8:17 pm

Helllo,

I m Tier I visa, applied for extension (in april) and received the acknowledgement (in may) letter as well in last week, but some how the employer verified the ref no and came to know that "UKBA cant confirm that i am currently entitiled to work in uk on the basis of an outstanding application" , Now as per my employee m not allowed to continue my job tho i m permanent. I am having the ref no of the letter which my employee has received from UKBA. i have only 2 evidence from my end 1) UKBA acknowledge letter and 2) a bank statement stating the fees has been deducted from my a/c to HOMEOFFICE.

How can i get the clarification from UKBA so that i can continue my job

pls help,

thanking you
Last edited by maheshmsalunke on Sat May 19, 2012 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

silent_warrior
Member of Standing

Re: Urgent help

Post by silent_warrior » Thu May 17, 2012 9:14 pm

maheshmsalunke wrote:Helllo,

I m Tier I visa, applied for extension (in april) and received the acknowledgement (in may) letter as well in last week, but some how the employer verified the ref no and came to know that "Application in not outstating" from UKBA, Now as per him m not allowed to continue with my job tho i m permanent. I am having the ref no of the letter which my employee has received from UKBA. i have only 2 evidence from my end 1) UKBA acknowledge letter and 2) a bank statement stating the fees has been deducted from my a/c to HOMEOFFICE.

pls help,

thanking you
Hello Mahesh, here are a few things you should try yourself first
1.Find out what number did your employer call to get this info? Or have they sent an email to UKBA, in which case ask them to give you a copy as well as forward you that email.
2.Second call UKBA helpline on Phone: 0870 606 7766, and give them your Acknowledgement Letter reference number and check whether it shows on their system. Also ask them how can an employer verify whether the application is still in progress or resolved
3.Show your employer the print of your bank statement as well, which would give additional verification and show them this link What is my immigration status while my application is being decided?
4.Review your contract terms and condition. Get hold of a good solicitor

SunnyKK
Newly Registered

Post by SunnyKK » Fri May 18, 2012 12:45 am

maheshmsalunke wrote:Helllo,

I m Tier I visa, applied for extension (in april) and received the acknowledgement (in may) letter as well in last week, but some how the employer verified the ref no and came to know that "Application in not outstating" from UKBA, Now as per him m not allowed to continue with my job tho i m permanent. I am having the ref no of the letter which my employee has received from UKBA. i have only 2 evidence from my end 1) UKBA acknowledge letter and 2) a bank statement stating the fees has been deducted from my a/c to HOMEOFFICE.

pls help,

thanking you
hello mahesh

ask ur employer to call UKBA employer's support line on
Employers' Helpline (0300 123 4699)
I was in the same boat, but It was sorted out when i asked my emplyer to call the above number.
Sunny

silent_warrior
Member of Standing

Post by silent_warrior » Fri May 18, 2012 10:01 am

SunnyKK wrote: ask ur employer to call UKBA employer's support line on
Employers' Helpline (0300 123 4699)
I was in the same boat, but It was sorted out when i asked my emplyer to call the above number.
Sunny
Thanks for pointing this out SunnyKK. This was the first point I wanted to mention above, but recently one of the applicants on this forum had asked his employers to contact them. They came back with a response to call the UKBA helpline as they were unable to help. Having said that, I called this number today and spoke to one of the representative (select option 1 after the automated message). She said Employers would need to call them (0300 123 4699)
and the helpline will instruct the employers on what to do. She also mentioned that they have received many calls on similar situation.