ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Permanent Residence application returned

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ElenaDi
Newly Registered

Permanent Residence application returned

Post by ElenaDi » Thu May 17, 2012 8:58 pm

Me and my partner recently submitted simultaneous applications for Permanent Residence. I am an EEA national (Bulgarian) having excersised Treaty rights in the UK for 5 years and my partner who is a non-EEA national (Indian) has been on a status of my dependent (of an EEA National) for the past 5 years. We applied on forms EEA3 and EEA4 respectively.

My application just came back approved (this took 4 months) however his was returned due to insufficient documents as to a 5 year continuous residency in the UK.

I believe that's NOT a requirement according to their guidelines and the EEA4 application form.
This is a requirement for the EEA member (myself) but NOT the EEA Family member dependent.

Can someone confirm it either way?

Thanks in advance.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Thu May 17, 2012 9:58 pm

On the contrary, it is almost the only requirement for the non-EEA national.

If you have been granted PR, the only two things he needs to prove are his relationship to you and continuous residence in the UK (upto 6 months of absences are allowed each year).

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Thu May 17, 2012 10:52 pm

Although it might be hidden among the long list of the supporting documents but on page 20 of the EEA4 form:
EEA4 form wrote: As evidence of residence in the UK by you and your family members both currently and continuously over 5 years:

[] Proof of residence: this can include tenancy agreements, utility bills and bank statements. For children this could include letters from their school.