ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Success @Croydon , 16th May Morning ...Thanks Friends

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

apsaps

ILR Success @Croydon , 16th May Morning ...Thanks Friends

Post by apsaps » Thu May 17, 2012 11:40 am

Hi Friends - First of all I am very thankful to this forum , it's a knowledge bank and people are always helpful , try to resolve query etc.

Special thanks to following people : cs95tdg , linkers, avatarjain, zeevirgo, smam, push, ukbuddy , prashpatel1.

Now , coming back to the point : I am happy to share that my ILR got approved ( incl 1 dependent ie my wife ) .

I would try to mentioned each step right from entering to Cyrodon Office to coming out from the same.

Some details for my appointment:
Appointment time : Morning
No. of people : 3 ( myself , wife and son) but I did apply for myself and wife , though I took appointment for 3 . No issue happened for this.

1.) We reached Croydon Office at : 9:20am , was asked to wait for some time since the queue was long for security check.

2.) We were in the queue and then airport style security checked happened. After this we were asked on be in another queue on ground floor itself.

3.) At 10:10 we reached to window where the lady just asked for passport and application form - she was good n cheerful and even said hello to my 2 yr old son .

4.) She did basic check to application , just checked version number and signatures and then stamped ( Verified) on the page 4 and 7 and we were asked to go on 1st Floor for Payment. She also provide with the token number , throughout day things happen via that token number.

5.)Payment was very small line just 2-3 people ahead to me ...I made the Payment and than the payment lady asked to take the seat in waiting area near to payment desk and your token number will be displayed and go to the window accordingly.

6.) Time 10:30 types - we were sitting there and than my token number was called around 11:00am - I went to the window and lady asked me just for application form and passport incl biometric card , if any

7.) She said she need to make all entry into the system , in the middle she got confused for something and called her senior and it was OK . Here is small conversation with her:
Me : Good Morning
Lady : Good Morning , how are you today?
Me : I am fine thanks and you ?
Lady : Good , good
Lady : Looking at application form....is your child not applying with you ?
Me : He will directky apply for BC once we get ILR since he is UK Born.
Lady : Oh Okie ...
Lady : Are yoy via via agent / solicitor or alone ?
Me : Alone

Then she worked on system for 25 min types and said all done frm my end you can now go on 2nd floor for Biometric ...I asked All OK till now - she said yes yes all ok ..

I said thanks and good day ...

8.) As soon as we reached on biometric area - my token number was called - I was surprised n happy with quick call ... we gave our biometric and the lady over said now you wait outside and case worker will call you by your token number . time was 11:15 am now.

9.) Our token number was called at 2:30pm exactly.

10.) We went to the window and here goes rest of the conversation :

CW : Hello ....
Me : Hello
CW : Token Number xyz
Me : Yes
CW : Please take your seat
Me : Thanks ....( my kid slept in the meanwhile so my wife and kid were not sitting with me .)
CW : Can I have your'r n dependent's passports , biometric , if any
Me : Yes , sure
CW : Can I have the application form
ME : Yes ..
CW : Please provide supporting documents for the same .
ME : Here it goes and then I said I am carrying photopies of all documents too
CW : seems happy ,smiled and said good , thanks
CW : Checked the passports and biometric card and said give me 2 min I'll be back need to check passports on some system..she went out for 2-3 min and was back on time
CW : She asked me do you have photocopy of both the passports , she just meant visa pages but I was carrying of each page ..she said she will take out visa page only ..still this is helpful ..thanks

CW :Looking at my application form asked when did you enter UK 1st time and which visa ( she was confused since my passport has work permit visa and tier 1 general both )
Me : I said 2nd June 2007 with work permit and then got hsmp approval letter and went india for office work and applied for tier1 from there
CW : How many days did you spend at India that time
Me : 70 days
CW : Do you have any letter from company which states this
ME : Yes , letter is there and even I have P60 for that Year and original work permit ( THOUGH my total out of uk days are 167 and in stretch 70 ) still she wanted the letter for those 70 days.
CW : How long have you been with the company and were you with same company having work permit and tier 1 now
Me : I said I am with this company since Year 2005
CW : OHH thats good ....its more than enough n suffifient for me .
CW : Asked salary slips n bank statements payments match ?
ME : I said yes , and put a stick where payment is reflected in bank statement
CW : thats so good ...will be easy
CW then verified 12 months salary slips payment into bank statements

CW : You can sit with your wife n kid ..no worries I';ll call you if require
ME : Thanks and then asked ..Do you also require cohab docs
CW : Yes , Yes I did not realized it
ME : Here they are and also carrying photocpies of the same
CW : Smiled and said ..just give me each doc from 2010,2011 , 2012 and thats all ...
CW : Just give me photocopy only ..keep original with you thats fine with me
ME : I gave council tax bills , elec bill and rent agreement

CW : Did some work on system , sometimes looked at my bank statements , salry slips , applictaion form and sometime on system

She bundled all the photocopies and original together and called me and said

CW : All looks OK wrt documents , it's just your biometric result is not updated in system so cannot say final YES ....she said you can wait and I'll call you when result is updated ( time 3:10pm)

she took around 40 min.

Then she started with some other case and in hour time that around 4:10pm she called my token number and said : here is your approval letter n original docs
Biometric will be delivered at home in 7 working days ..Congrats ..

8.) We left the building at 4:20 Types.

In summary - Each of my doc was seen , I provided and also highlighting in bold which she specially asked for.

I felt that It's good I carried 3 letters from company : Salary claimed , out of UK - this was good to have for me , and 2011/12 eaqrnings since P60 is not available yet.

1) Completed SET(O) v 04/12
2) LIUK Test - me and wife
3) 12 months salary slip
4) Employment Letter - Regarding Salary claimed
5) Employment Letter - Out of UK days ( though days are 167)
6) 12 months bank statement
7) 4P60's and for Year 2011/12 Letter from Finance that P60 not generated
8.) Photos for myself and Dependent's
9.) 2 Passports and Biometric
10) HSMP Approval Letter
12) Work Permit
11) Tier 1 extension Letter
12.) Letter from employer confirming the End of year earnings for 2011-12.

Cohabitation Docs:

1) Wife 's bank statement
2) Council tax bills 2009/10 2010/11 2011/12
3) Rent agreement last 3 Years
4) Wife Salary Slip
5) Wife's HMRC Letters , NHS Letter and other Letter
6) Marriage Certificate
7) Wife's 2 P60's as this shows address
8.) Utility Bills

Smam

Post by Smam » Thu May 17, 2012 8:34 pm

Hi

Lots and lots of heartiest congratulations to you on getting your ILR I am the first one to congratulate you on your great success on this forum and thanks a lot for sharing your PEO experience on the forum.

Good luck for your future.

apsaps

Post by apsaps » Thu May 17, 2012 9:34 pm

Thanks Smam ......

always to help anyone .......

-APS

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Fri May 18, 2012 12:07 pm

Congrats apsaps and thanks for sharing your success story!

LS.india13
Newly Registered

Post by LS.india13 » Fri May 18, 2012 7:57 pm

apsaps wrote:Thanks Smam ......

always to help anyone .......

-APS
Congratulations for ur ILR.

even i have booked appointment for 3 including kid.but now,v r planning to apply only for me,husband not to kid...because he is born in uk so directly we will go to apply citizenship for him once we grant ilr..hopefully we will get.....but when i called uk border agency number and told i want to cancel appointment for kid..then she told thats fine and she told that she will put note ....

i think this will be fine....and one more thing is that i have booked appointment through phone she told that i will b getting confirmation message to my mobile but till now i didnt get any confirmation message.i have my peo appointment in first week of june 2012 ...is this fine?????

sorry to bother you.....too much ...
my kids visa is getting expired in 28th june 2012...can v apply BC for him after 2 months once we grant ILR....

will this be issue???/

Thanks in advance

singhmohit
United Kingdom

Post by singhmohit » Fri May 18, 2012 7:57 pm

congrats apsaps.
very descriptive and very helpful... kind of felt as if i was watching a rubbish :D
congrats again and thanks for describing everything...helps us have a true picture...
mohit