ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Very Stupid Question, but hey... we never know

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

t-bag

Very Stupid Question, but hey... we never know

Post by t-bag » Thu May 17, 2012 8:18 pm

Dear all,

I know it may sound like a stupid question... sorry guys :-( Here it goes :

1 - Do we need to book an appointment if applying by post??

The reason i'm asking is in case i can't find a PEO appointment on time or for whatever reason, will i still be able to apply by post without any issues, as far as its within 28 days? How does UKBA know that I've sent the docs within the 28 days period and not after? By the post stamp date?

2 - How does the postal application work? Gather your docs, pop into your local and Special Delivery it, or normal 1st class post?

3 - Can it get lost? What happens if it does?

Thanks for your inputs and SORRY for being so ignorant :-( I really don't want to leave any card unturned. I really HAVE to ask any questions that come in my mind and have no doubts left when applying. Thanks for your patience guys!! :oops:

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu May 17, 2012 9:13 pm

1. You'll need to book an appointment to enrol biometrics (when you receive a letter asking you to do so), but you do not need an appointment at a PEO when applying by post.
2. Special delivery, I would say. It is secure delivery, can be tracked (to an extent), provides e-receipt, less likely to get lost in transit ... and you get proof of posting.
3. Pray!!
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

t-bag

Re

Post by t-bag » Thu May 17, 2012 9:49 pm

Thx mod - u're a legend!! :)

apsaps

Post by apsaps » Thu May 17, 2012 10:15 pm

T-Bag you are also a legend to ask such question and clearing your all doubts ....:)

Good Luck mate .

t-bag

Re

Post by t-bag » Thu May 17, 2012 11:55 pm

;-)

Thx!!

singhmohit
United Kingdom

Re: Very Stupid Question, but hey... we never know

Post by singhmohit » Sat May 19, 2012 10:49 am

t-bag wrote:Dear all,

I know it may sound like a stupid question... sorry guys :-( Here it goes :

1 - Do we need to book an appointment if applying by post??

The reason i'm asking is in case i can't find a PEO appointment on time or for whatever reason, will i still be able to apply by post without any issues, as far as its within 28 days? How does UKBA know that I've sent the docs within the 28 days period and not after? By the post stamp date?

2 - How does the postal application work? Gather your docs, pop into your local and Special Delivery it, or normal 1st class post?

3 - Can it get lost? What happens if it does?

Thanks for your inputs and SORRY for being so ignorant :-( I really don't want to leave any card unturned. I really HAVE to ask any questions that come in my mind and have no doubts left when applying. Thanks for your patience guys!! :oops:
I'm not an expert but just some friendly advice:
1. No need to boook appointment, just pop everything in the secure post. You application is considered with homeoffice the day you post it (even if it is 4:59pm on a friday evening)
2. I suggest, go the best possible they have. I dont use post office often, but last time I applied for my visa extension I posted my stuff (this was 3 yrs ago for Tier 1, now im planning to apply for ILR, anyways)... the point is ... walk in the post office and tell them you want the securest, reliable quickest and also want to get an insurance of the stuff you are posting.
3. GET THE POST OFFICE INSURANCE FOR WHAT YOU ARE POSTING...

hope this helps.
msm